Philosophy:where are the new items?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveheart

Registered Shopper
I am sure that there was a recent post saying that there would be some new
goodies from Philosophy. Well I have checked and there seems to be nothing new to speak of just a different configuration of some of the kits. I noticed one new kit hasn't had a photo of it yet and it was been on the webb page for weeks. Not exactly encouraging anyone to buy is it?:yawn2:

Battenburg is a classic and doesn't need anything new.:angel:

Where is the new Philosophy? Everywhere but QVC no doubt. They QVC always play safe reordering what sells each time.

i am sooooooooo over Philosophy :clapping:

Me too not the same since Lee left the company. I have a friend who was going to work for them, they were going to set up proper counters in dept stores a bit like Decleor do, that was when Lee was there, then all of a sudden they did an about turn, low and behold, about the same time Lee left - makes you wonder what did go on:cheeky:

I remember back in the 90's Philosophy was only in Space NK in the UK. Suddenly it disappeared from there and sprang up in Boots. Then Lee took over distribution and it was pulled from Boots. I spoke to Lee's second in command in Space NK once. Lee thought Philosophy did not belong in Boots, it needed a proper counter where staff had been trained in the use of the products. It appeared in SpaceNK again and they popped up on QVC. Last year the brand was sold and it was not that long after that Lee seemed to disappear from QVC. I wonder if the new owners changed distributors in the UK. The original owner Christine still appears on QVC US as the spokeswoman for the brand. Bit like Derek and Ojon now owned by EL(Philosophy is not owned by them).

I read the community board on QVC US and loads of complaints about the products seeming watered down and not as good now. They had a TSV at the weekend of one of the Graces and loads of people refuse to buy the fragrances as they just don't last on the skin even when layered with the body products.

I find it really harsh. The Hope in a Jar stuff rolls off my face as I'm rubbing it in. Good for exfoliating I guess:wave2:The face wash stuff left my skin very tight and dry:thinking2:

gone right off philsopy to overpriced know, scents are not lasting as they were a few years ago, not the same appeal know lee has gone he sold it to us.

i remember the days when they did the first tsv and it was so luxurious and beautifully packaged. it was the grace stuff when they put the body butter (then body souffle) in a jar and not a tube with the skincare.
true only space nk sold it then and the prices omg.
lee is right though space nk to boots mmmm!!

I remember back in the 90's Philosophy was only in Space NK in the UK. Suddenly it disappeared from there and sprang up in Boots. Then Lee took over distribution and it was pulled from Boots. I spoke to Lee's second in command in Space NK once. Lee thought Philosophy did not belong in Boots, it needed a proper counter where staff had been trained in the use of the products. It appeared in SpaceNK again and they popped up on QVC. Last year the brand was sold and it was not that long after that Lee seemed to disappear from QVC. I wonder if the new owners changed distributors in the UK. The original owner Christine still appears on QVC US as the spokeswoman for the brand. Bit like Derek and Ojon now owned by EL(Philosophy is not owned by them).

I read the community board on QVC US and loads of complaints about the products seeming watered down and not as good now. They had a TSV at the weekend of one of the Graces and loads of people refuse to buy the fragrances as they just don't last on the skin even when layered with the body products.

I was searching for info a couple of months back and found this
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=323505196

According to that Lee was the sole European agent.
I posted it in this thred,

http://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12161

when I saw that Bionova had gone from QVC as well......Also listed as one of Lee's brands.

All has to be related dosen't it.

NOT AY's FAULT!

MORE AY porkies :?::?::LOL:

To be fair, it was me that posted it, and I was told this by the Philosophy US people who promised new items in the UK. Since then, they have said that they think they will be coming out in bits and bobs from the end of this month in to the autumn.

I was searching for info a couple of months back and found this
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=323505196

According to that Lee was the sole European agent.
I posted it in this thred,

http://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12161

when I saw that Bionova had gone from QVC as well......Also listed as one of Lee's brands.

All has to be related dosen't it.

...going on from that Lee also imported Alpha A firt of all and the chap who used to the facials on qvc is a friend of Lee's and guess what he wasn't on this time with the Aussy guest.... what is going on ...if you are out there Lee then let us know please!!:bandit:

Hi - notice there are some Philosophy shows this Thursday but as nothing new on the web assume it will be the same old stuff. I have loads of Philosophy bought when Lee presented but not sure I would buy now anyway after the reviews of products being inferior to the original ones. A real shame.

I wouldn't be surprised if Philosophy disappeared from QVC Uk and, indeed, UK retailers altogether. Something is quite definitely peculiar since Lee's deaparture, and I know for a fact, after having it confirmed by someone in the know, that the range is not selling nearly so well now, and the last fragrance TSV attracted a lot of complaints from regular users of the Grace fragrances that the fragrance was 'watered down' and could not be detected on the skin after a very short period of time. The majority of Philosophy buyers stopped watching after Lee's departure, and made enquiries to CS about where he had gone, only to be given the scripted, pat response, which is fine, but he was never again mentioned on-air, and this miffed a lot of loyal customers, since they had purchased due to his enthusiastic and informative presentations, when not constantly interrupted by the 'resident beauty expert with 12,000 years in the business. I don't believe there has been one sell-out since he left, and that is most unusual, as there were sell-outs every Philosophy hour when he was on. I'm guessing that Lee has had the last laugh on this one. Good luck to him, the man is a born salesman and must have been the most popular and successful guest expert on QVC.

I love Philosophy and Lee or no Lee will continue to buy and enjoy it. I bought the Pure Grace fragrance recently and I don't find it watered down at all.

the only stuff I ever tried is hope in a jar which I liked and the bubble baths which I think are overrated
cant say aany more
used to like Lee though,found him very informative and always liked the fact that he could talk over Alison haha!!

He also had fabulous skin, which is something of a motivator for potential customers. So often when I used to watch beauty shows, I'd listen to the flannel about how much the item would do for wrinkles and other issues to do with aging, and I couldn't help but think that it didn't seem to have done much for the person extolling its virtues.

Latest posts

Back