Philosophy:where are the new items?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wouldn't be surprised if Philosophy disappeared from QVC Uk and, indeed, UK retailers altogether. Something is quite definitely peculiar since Lee's deaparture,

According to the people at Philosophy in the US, the opposite is true - they say they are looking at expanding the brand's presence in the UK and the range stocked here. I'm not really sure there was anything fishy about Lee's 'departure' - from his website (that someone - sorry can't remember who - posted a while ago, Lee seems to be rebranding himself as an all-round beauty expert for the media. Perhaps it was Lee's ambitions, rather then Philosophy's or QVC's, that caused the change in personnel.

According to the people at Philosophy in the US, the opposite is true - they say they are looking at expanding the brand's presence in the UK and the range stocked here. I'm not really sure there was anything fishy about Lee's 'departure' - from his website (that someone - sorry can't remember who - posted a while ago, Lee seems to be rebranding himself as an all-round beauty expert for the media. Perhaps it was Lee's ambitions, rather then Philosophy's or QVC's, that caused the change in personnel.

My contact is a buyer in the beauty department at Selfridges, and she is adamant that Lee was pushed from Philosophy, and that a lot of people were very unhappy about it. She also tells me that that Philosophy is on the downslide in the UK, hence there are now fewer outlets for the brand. The changes seem to have taken place since Philosophy was bought by another company, and, judging by the QVC US reviews, there is a Tova-Gate type of situation going on, with poorer quality products and less scent in the fragrances. Typical of what happens when a company changes hands.

My contact is a buyer in the beauty department at Selfridges, and she is adamant that Lee was pushed from Philosophy, and that a lot of people were very unhappy about it. She also tells me that that Philosophy is on the downslide in the UK, hence there are now fewer outlets for the brand. The changes seem to have taken place since Philosophy was bought by another company, and, judging by the QVC US reviews, there is a Tova-Gate type of situation going on, with poorer quality products and less scent in the fragrances. Typical of what happens when a company changes hands.

i have to agree I too know a beauty buyer in HOF and she has said exacly the same, the girls who worked for philosophy were devastated when Lee went, not only that, they weren't told until he'd gone. Most unusal for someone to become head of european operations in one breathe and then disappar in the next:sad:

i have to agree I too know a beauty buyer in HOF and she has said exacly the same, the girls who worked for philosophy were devastated when Lee went, not only that, they weren't told until he'd gone. Most unusal for someone to become head of european operations in one breathe and then disappar in the next:sad:

One of the reasons I assumed that Lee had made the decision to go was that it would make little sense for a company to appoint someone to a more important job (with, presumably, a higher salary) and then get rid of him.

Latest posts

Back