Philosophy TSV 3/7/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Okay now this is really weird.

So I get an email today telling me about the Philosophy TSV and offer to order early, well apart from the fact I have never ordered a Philosophy TSV. Oh and have no interest either.

The email went to my hotmail address, but I have never registered that email with QVC!!!!! My Virgin email is and I actually went and login to make sure and it was the Virgin address!!!:thinking:

Donna I got an e-mail advertising the TSV too but it came from Philosophy not QVC so maybe that is why you got it to your Hotmail?

Yes, numpty went back and looked again!!! No idea why Philosophy even emailed me as I have never bought from their website. I have bought in Debenhams gifts in the sales.

I love Pure Grace and Amazing Grace and I have enough of them to last a long time. The perfumes are very gentle and clean and not heady. Once we apply the perfume, we don't smell the
fragrance after a while but others do.
This is due to “nose blindness.” I read this article and found it interesting.I am posting it here in case some of you find it interesting....if you don't, please ignore it.
When you first smell an odour, your scent receptors send a signal to your brain’s limbic system, which determines how you will process and feel about that particular scent.
But the receptors in your nose essentially turn off after around two breaths, and the scent—no matter how strong initially—starts to fade.
People were given a pine-scented air freshener for three weeks. “They would ask me, ‘Are you sure it’s still working?’”

Even experts and scientists don’t know why we become used to smells, but they know that we do.
It’s why we can easily pick up on unexpected or strange scents in our homes.
You may notice how a friend’s house smells, but you never notice the way your own home smells.
“It’s why people go on vacation and come back and say, ‘Oh, it’s so musty in here — I’d better open some windows!’”
It’s possible your house always smells like that and you’re just desensitized.

I like the smell of Amazing Grace, but after one initial squirt, the smell disappears or as QVC call it "not overpowering " and "subtle" in other words, non existent.

I love Pure Grace and Amazing Grace and I have enough of them to last a long time. The perfumes are very gentle and clean and not heady. Once we apply the perfume, we don't smell the
fragrance after a while but others do.
This is due to “nose blindness.” I read this article and found it interesting.I am posting it here in case some of you find it interesting....if you don't, please ignore it.
When you first smell an odour, your scent receptors send a signal to your brain’s limbic system, which determines how you will process and feel about that particular scent.
But the receptors in your nose essentially turn off after around two breaths, and the scent—no matter how strong initially—starts to fade.
People were given a pine-scented air freshener for three weeks. “They would ask me, ‘Are you sure it’s still working?’”

Even experts and scientists don’t know why we become used to smells, but they know that we do.
It’s why we can easily pick up on unexpected or strange scents in our homes.
You may notice how a friend’s house smells, but you never notice the way your own home smells.
“It’s why people go on vacation and come back and say, ‘Oh, it’s so musty in here — I’d better open some windows!’”
It’s possible your house always smells like that and you’re just desensitized.

I know we get desensitised to smells, not notice they're there, but as far as my Amazing Grace goes, nobody can smell it on me after about ten-twenty minutes. The body spritz on the other hand seems to last longer than the perfume, so now I use that rather than the perfume itself.

I had hoped, since he's not been presenting recent Philosphy spots, that we'd seen the last of Mr Innuendo Lee. Unfortunately he's back and innuendoing away with his partner in crime Jill Franks. I don't think he's on with Jill again during the day (I really hope not), thank goodness. And look out for the bergamoNt in the fragrance notes :mysmilie_11: grrr!

i have not bought a grace tsv for soooo many years so i actually miss it. the set had two fragances and a huge body lotion that will last. dont care for the shower gesl but that can be a xmas/birthday gift for someone. i thinks its excellent value. i agree i cant smell most fragances but i do get people asking me what i am wearing when i use these. i was in hospital and a doctor recognised what i was wearing hours after i sprayed it.

The tsv clip is not easy viewing. With sweaty, smutty Lee, the ever increasingly irritating Jill, and not one, not two but three of those annoying glass bowls. I am getting totally intolerant of 'the glass bowl' demonstrations. Never bought philosophy before but don't need perfume, body lotion or shower gel so will be giving it a miss but who knows if the presentation had been better I may have been tempted to buy as the quantity of product does seems good value.

The only Philosophy bath and shower gel I bought ages ago felt sticky and claggy on the skin and the scent was cloying. Are these any different?

The only Philosophy bath and shower gel I bought ages ago felt sticky and claggy on the skin and the scent was cloying. Are these any different?

i love the smell of most of the philosophy products on the whole despise baby grace as it smells of violets which i cant stand. the shower gels are a bit tacky graet for very dry skin but not my fave. the body lotion i like very much and the perfumes are great value. the perfumes are around £30 each and i never struggle to finish them.

I'm tempted but I'm not a big user of body lotion so a small body lotion and large shower gel would have been better, I have masses of perfume "in stock" and I've heard people say that the fragrances don't last so logic says I'm out.

I have to confess to buying this-one now and one on advanced order which I will cancel if I don't like the new perfume. In John Lewis a 60ml bottle is close to the price of this TSV.

Reason I bought is for the new launch of the fragrance. Notes of Orange blossom, Tiare Flower AND Frangipani? Weathergirl bliss.

I love the scent of Amazing Grace but will "gift" those (grr hate saying that) unless it "layers" nicely as they say. That's a couple of Christmas pressies sorted if not.

I wanted a shower gel and so does my mum as although she is not a fan of the perfume she absolutely loves the quality and feel of the philosophy shower gels and body cream and lotion- this set in particular. Weird how she likes the bath product and lotion but not the matching EDT.

I was wondering about getting this today as I've never tried any Philosophy before, but on reading reviews on various websites, a lot of people said Amazing Grace smelt like an old ladies perfume and had a lily of the valley smell, which doesn't impress me at all, so I won't be getting this.

I have notice Philosophy are no longer in my local Debenhams, they had a large counter and about 3 or 4 staff. I used to love after Christmas, the Grace and other kits individual bath stuff went down to half price. I used to buy for the next Christmas gifts:mysmilie_59:

Now seems to be Bliss moving in that spot.

Gone from Glasgow stores too!

We already have Bliss in the store so who knows what will take over the spaces, time will tell!

After reading this forum I wasn't expecting much from the latest TSV, purchased so I could have the brand new perfume (a "me" perfume) and as my mum had raved about the body cream and shower gel as the best she had ever used - these are set aside for her for Christmas. Unfortunately the Amazing Grace EDT had no home as despite liking the matching shower gel etc mum did not like the EDT. I had a rash after using the last Amazing Grace EDT I bought and it was not long lasting. So the TSV bottle was sold on EBay for a fairly good price too! Today I used the new perfume. Love the smell. Not allergic. Sprayed it at 7 am this morning. Just sniffed my wrists and my bosoms (lol) at 10.30 pm and I cannot believe it but the scent is stil there nearly 13.5 hours later. I am really surprised from Philosophy.

My benefit perfume still smells from yesterday evening. Yes no shower as I work from home and just keep my distance when someone talks to me!

Latest posts

Back