Philosophy TSV 23/8/08

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Amazon.com is showing Hope in a Jar with SPF20. Does anyone know if this is available in the UK?

I may end up getting an Amazon.com delivery full of Philosophy to my hotel in October when I'm back in the States.

As some of you might know I am not a philosophy lover but I like the sound of the supernatural, can anyone recommend this
and whats the microdelivery exfoliating wash like?

Hi Bluebell...I have to say I found it a bit hit and miss...if my skin is in pretty good condition, it is a nice moisturiser with a little coverage and SPF, however, it is very light converage and you have to make sure you are well exfolliated or it tends not to blend very well...also, because of the tint, you must apply a small amount and build up....i would not recommend it as a must-have, but it is worth trying if it is part of a kit which includes other items you will use...good luck!

Hi Bluebell...I have to say I found it a bit hit and miss...if my skin is in pretty good condition, it is a nice moisturiser with a little coverage and SPF, however, it is very light converage and you have to make sure you are well exfolliated or it tends not to blend very well...also, because of the tint, you must apply a small amount and build up....i would not recommend it as a must-have, but it is worth trying if it is part of a kit which includes other items you will use...good luck!

Thanks LLL
I am not keen on the HIAJ or Purity but liked the sound of supernatural but there are probably better tinted moisturisers out there so think I will give it a miss.
Philosophy will have to do something special to convince me to buy a TSV

hi bluebell, to be honest, i am in the same position as you - like their lipglosses, and like some of their other products, but not purity or hiaj (i wonder if they just put it in tsvs so they can claim the amount of product that is "sold" is higher than reality?). i think there are definitely better tinted moisturisers or i am quite fond of making my own...one of my favourite tinted moisturisers is sisley but not sold by qvc...but definitely shop around for one that will work with your skin and is not as hit and miss as the philosophy one....it is not good enough to justify the purchase of the whole tsv on!

Amazon.com is showing Hope in a Jar with SPF20. Does anyone know if this is available in the UK?

I may end up getting an Amazon.com delivery full of Philosophy to my hotel in October when I'm back in the States.

The SPF HIAJ and the foaming purity are both available in Sephora shops in the US. Check out their website for prices etc.
Beth

:confused: never understood all the hype around Philosophy either. Like the Great Mystery & some of the shower gels ( still vastly overpriced though for what they are IMHO). Thought HIAJ smelt foul, gave it to hubby and he threw it away after a couple of uses, and the perfumes are far too light for me & disappeared after an hour. Not impressed!

I just did the same last week, reception were quite amused.

I do advise ordering before you take-off to make sure that your goodies arrive before you leave though, . Also next time I would avoid the shower gels and body scrubs though because of the weight of them. That said I had a few worried moments waiting for my Pure Grace , Baby grace, the present, make-up optional, Hope SPF ,shower gels, body scrubs etc to arrive from skinstore. They were having a 20% off sale so were more busy than usual and had some delays getting stuff from their warehouse .

Honestly ladies and gents for Less than #150 I bought my years perfume and skincare. ( I told myself that but I still bought the TSV on Auto-delivery anyway , I need a bigger face to use all these creams!!!:eek: )

At Amazon.com Skinstore. com , there are really great bargains. And don't forget EBAY in the US , its like a pound shop price range for us!!!! I didn't get as much from Ebay as some sellers couldn't get to the hotel before I left .

Sadly I could not get QVC US to accept my card as I needed a US billing address, but with more time I probably could have found a way round that.

I recommend getting Philosophy from skinstore when you are there, free delivery, 10% to 20% off everything each time . But the US QVC has such a massive selection of philosophy and in great value kits I get frustrated everytime I look at their site.

I think QVC uk could use some of their "massive buying power " :cool: to go on holiday and bring us bag a suitcase of bargains ???? Then I may believe we are benefiting from their size and the weak dollar even adding VAT the philosophy prices outside of TSV's are rotten esp when add delivery.

Off to open more boxes and play with my haul...

even to have it posted from US from skinstore only costs $15 - about 7-8 pounds. currently they have 20% off if you spend over $100, which isn't hard to do. Regarding customs - they have always declared the correct value on the parcel and I have yet to pay anything additional on arrival.
i am just waiting for the booster capsules tocome back into stock - they are 1/2 price in US compared to here.
sue

The choice of Philosophy products on Amazon.com is vast and makes the same range of 30 or so products we get here (for higher prices) particularly galling.

As some of you might know I am not a philosophy lover but I like the sound of the supernatural, can anyone recommend this
and whats the microdelivery exfoliating wash like?

I love the Supernatural. It gives brilliant coverage, is very light (unless you keep applying it) and also won best foundation in the Green Beauty Bible this year. :)

Last edited:
Oh dear...

I swore i would not buy this TSV....

I gave in last night and ordered TWO on the web at 11.30pm last night even before the airing...

Am so weak ! lol

P.s. Philosophy Girl... You were right lol x

Well, I know I said I wasn't going to buy it but after realising that my eldest DD has been using my HIAJ (wondered why it was going down quicker) I've ended up going for it on AD. Will have some of the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash spare if anyone wants to buy that off me.

I'm watching the 11pm showing waiting for next TSV and I can't spot any difference in the before and afters apart from the models smile in the after! Seems a big con!

Well, I know I said I wasn't going to buy it but after realising that my eldest DD has been using my HIAJ (wondered why it was going down quicker) I've ended up going for it on AD. Will have some of the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash spare if anyone wants to buy that off me.

I would be interested in buying the microdelivery exfoliating wash. How much would you be looking for it?

Latest posts

Back