Philosophy TSV 20/05/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I went for the 3 piece set of Falling in Love. I'd rather have a 120 ml Eau de Parfum than a body scrub and 60 ml Eau de Toilette. Hope it's as nice as other posters have said. :mysmilie_59:

Well mine has arrived already, I ordered the Falling in Love like I said, and I am delighted with it. It's a big heavy box, like Fort Knox to get into. I have only tried the EDT but it is exactly how I remembered it, a lovely unique fruity sexy smell. I spritzed one squirt on my neck and there is a substantial smell from just that one spritz, it's been on for about an hour and I can still really smell it on me, whereas the Graces had worn off in the 5 mins it took me to get to work, so the Falling in Love has better staying power. I haven't tried the other products, but I have used the Philosophy shower gel before, it is a great shampoo, plus the olive oil scrub and moisturising cream are very nice. I am really glad I treated myself to this.

Weird that they've put an eau de toilette in the TSV when they usually product eau de parfum. A dtb123 said above, the 3 piece set is a great alternative if you want a Falling in Love set but missed the TSV - link here.

Do you think they really had folk request it? I'm sceptical, more likely a cost saving exercise.

Well mine has arrived already, I ordered the Falling in Love like I said, and I am delighted with it. It's a big heavy box, like Fort Knox to get into. I have only tried the EDT but it is exactly how I remembered it, a lovely unique fruity sexy smell. I spritzed one squirt on my neck and there is a substantial smell from just that one spritz, it's been on for about an hour and I can still really smell it on me, whereas the Graces had worn off in the 5 mins it took me to get to work, so the Falling in Love has better staying power. I haven't tried the other products, but I have used the Philosophy shower gel before, it is a great shampoo, plus the olive oil scrub and moisturising cream are very nice. I am really glad I treated myself to this.

Ah, thank you for posting this. I was hanging on to see if anyone who ordered early would receive their TSV today, so I could hear whether the Falling In Love EdeT is as it was (which people said was nice). So thanks. Unfortunately, my holding on has not paid off because that option has sold out. It must be fate!

Weird that they've put an eau de toilette in the TSV when they usually product eau de parfum. A dtb123 said above, the 3 piece set is a great alternative if you want a Falling in Love set but missed the TSV - link here.

Oh, I had forgotten about that so thanks (and dtb123). It's actually probably as good value as the TSV (it is to me, anyway) as you get double the amount of spray fragrance (which is EdeP instead of EdeT) and I wasn't bothered about another body scrub to add to my unused stash so happy not to get that. I don't mind a smaller shower gel either.

Cheers - going to buy it now!

I nearly talked myself into buying that 3 piece set and I know I don't like the "Love" fragrances; too sweet and fruity for my nose; I flogged a "Falling in love" EdP on ebay about a decade ago, 'twas a migraine waiting to happen for me . Does anyone remember the TSV years ago that included Grace items and also an "Unconditional Love" set together? I sold the U. Love set on ebay, and it paid for the Grace items LOL!
I notice there are TSV elements on there already, with dodgily cropped photos copied from the Q website...hope their TSVs arrive :mysmilie_15:

yep ive seen & had people ask me to pass on that they would like an EDT in it

I don't mean to sound cheeky but why would people ask you to pass this onto QVC.....or do you work for them, sorry if this is the case because I didn't know.

Do you think they really had folk request it? I'm sceptical, more likely a cost saving exercise.

I heard Alison say this and did wonder if it was true but I'm advised by another on this website that it is.....from someone who is currently using both the EDT and the EDP I have to say I don't notice the difference! I love the fragrance but it doesn't seem to linger long so you do have to respray quite often....or at least I do.

Oh, I had forgotten about that so thanks (and dtb123). It's actually probably as good value as the TSV (it is to me, anyway) as you get double the amount of spray fragrance (which is EdeP instead of EdeT) and I wasn't bothered about another body scrub to add to my unused stash so happy not to get that. I don't mind a smaller shower gel either.

Cheers - going to buy it now!

You know I'm tempted to buy it too Andi even though I did get the TSV, that big bottle of EDP is great value, and I really do love the fragrance :)

I know I would rather have EDP Akimbo, stonger longer lasting fragrance, but I suppose if EDT makes it more affordable, keep thinking about that value Falling in Love kit with the big bottle of EDP, I shouldn't really!!

I don't mean to sound cheeky but why would people ask you to pass this onto QVC.....or do you work for them, sorry if this is the case because I didn't know.

He doesn't, but from the way he talks he seems to attend all of Q's sales meetings.

I nearly talked myself into buying that 3 piece set and I know I don't like the "Love" fragrances; too sweet and fruity for my nose; I flogged a "Falling in love" EdP on ebay about a decade ago, 'twas a migraine waiting to happen for me . Does anyone remember the TSV years ago that included Grace items and also an "Unconditional Love" set together? I sold the U. Love set on ebay, and it paid for the Grace items LOL!
I notice there are TSV elements on there already, with dodgily cropped photos copied from the Q website...hope their TSVs arrive :mysmilie_15:

I love looking at the QVC items on eBay. Sometimes, people make a killing, sometimes as a buyer you can get a real bargain. I sell "spare" nail polishes and occasionally Yankees on there myself and, like you, sometimes find selling one thing pays for much of the stuff I keep, or at least makes what I keep much cheaper.

I don't remember Unconditional Love at all. I did have a set on Auto Delivery 7-8 years ago which included face products like Purity Made Simple and Poreless Flawless (or Parless Flarless, as the then woman guest presenter would say), as well as bath products which came in different fragrances every time. It was very good value.

You know I'm tempted to buy it too Andi even though I did get the TSV, that big bottle of EDP is great value, and I really do love the fragrance :)

I don't want to encourage you but ..... GO FOR IT! :mysmilie_14:

But seriously, if it's going to continue to be fairly hard to get hold of FIL, it may be worth it?

Latest posts

Back