Philosophy TSV 08/09/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I haven't tried this brand but I find perfumes disappointing. Having received the Shay & Blue TSV recently I have noticed that I can't smell it on me 10 minutes after I've sprayed it and the same goes for the Molton Brown EDT. Won't be tempted again. Might just be my skin that can't retain the scent.

CC

I am the same with Nina Ricci the scent disappears so quickly. A lot depends on your skin ph as well . I don't understand buying a scent simply by smelling from one of those strips they spray. I always insist on a spray on my wrist and leave for at least 30 minutes.

Not sure how I'm gonna tell my mother that Philosophy is testing on animals. Just read about it on QVC's Facebook page. There is a real storm kicking up over there. Lots of angry people. My mum has been wearing Philosophy for years and would be disgusted if she knew about their animals testing. Glad I found out. It's the final straw with this despicable company.

Thanks for that, same for Jo Malone with animal testing.

I wouldn't tell her. Why spoil something she enjoys?

I wonder how many of the fakebook yellers wear leather & take NHS meds?

There is a big difference between taking life saving medication and vanity purchases SB imo. Personally I don't have any leather in my wardrobe,shoes,bags etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am the same with Nina Ricci the scent disappears so quickly. A lot depends on your skin ph as well . I don't understand buying a scent simply by smelling from one of those strips they spray. I always insist on a spray on my wrist and leave for at least 30 minutes.

Thanks for that, same for Jo Malone with animal testing.

There is a big difference between taking life saving medication and vanity purchases SB imo. Personally I don't have any leather in my wardrobe,shoes,bags etc.

I take a handful of drugs everyday for a heart condition - do you know, it never crossed my mind about animal testing, although I know that it's done. Sometimes there's no choice but in the case of beauty there definitely is. Need to be more discerning in my purchases.

CC

In case anyone ordered this and needs to know - this is being despatched directly from Philosophy. I'm sure this wasn't mentioned during the presentations.....

I don’t think it was mentioned but on the website it said at the bottom “please allow 5-7 working days” I think Philosophy offer free postage so can you imagine the shed load of money QVC will make from postage alone, without even having the hassle of deliveries.

Well on reflection I resisted: still have a gallon or two of other shower gels. I'm not rigidly avoiding Philosophy but I'd rather support a brand that isn't selling in China.

I've got a couple of litres of Purity to work my way though but maybe I'll find a good alternative once it's finished.

Latest posts

Back