Philip Kingsley TSV 17/6/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Been wanting to try this for ages...using WEN which is working but still want to try it :mysmilie_50: very tempted!

It did nothing for my hair really (I ended up chucking a load of it in the bin, as it'd been lurking in the cupboard for so long!). I think it's very overpriced for what it is.

I ordered it as POM and returned it; it was ineffective on my hair and, consequently, I wouldn't buy another product from this range. Personal opinion aside, it is a very poor price for a tsv. Again, as is the norm, the Q is trying to tempt sales by offering EP.

Did nothing for my husband - he's had psoriasis on his scalp for as long as I have known him and Flaky Itchy Scalp is the only shampoo that has helped

My dad has really bad psoriasis on his scalp and neutrogena t gel but again it didn't do much but I can recommend 'Alphosyl' 2-in-1 as a great alternative at lower price. It's bright green and has a strong smell of herbs and hint of tar but it does work ;) I've even tried it for dandruff.

I'm not clear what the elasticiser does or is supposed to do? It is basically a conditioning treatment? I am losing SO much hair ATM due to medication and general ill health and wonder if it would help? I have fine blonde hair but a lot of it (if that makes sense!) though it's obviously not as thick as it used to be :(

I'm not clear what the elasticiser does or is supposed to do? It is basically a conditioning treatment? I am losing SO much hair ATM due to medication and general ill health and wonder if it would help? I have fine blonde hair but a lot of it (if that makes sense!) though it's obviously not as thick as it used to be :

(

you can try it under the mbg. i love it. gives my hair a lucious look. supple, shiny and bouncy. just wash it out thoroughly. leave it in for a few hours initially and see how you go

I'm not clear what the elasticiser does or is supposed to do? It is basically a conditioning treatment? I am losing SO much hair ATM due to medication and general ill health and wonder if it would help? I have fine blonde hair but a lot of it (if that makes sense!) though it's obviously not as thick as it used to be :(

Yes its a hair treatment like a deep conditioner which you use first and not as normal after shampooing and you still have to condition with normal conditioner at the end too.

Some love it, for me did nothing.

I don't get enough of a result to use it regularly but, and it's a big but, when I seriously damaged my hair bleaching it for too long I was recommended to use this by Scott Cornwall (the guy who developed ColourB4 and similar products). When I rinsed off the bleach, my hair felt like a mass of soggy candy floss, with no discernible strands. You know how body hair goes when you use Immac...kind of melted!

SC recommended Elasticizer and I used it before and after washing with Wen. I can't remember the science bit, but I think it's a like protein pack rather than just a smoothing surface conditioner. After 2 weeks my hair looked and felt like normal and I'm relieve that I didn't have to have it cut off.

So I have mixed views on the product. I have the BPotM "just in case" and it'll probably last a lifetime. As my 18 year old daughter lightens her long hair it's worth us keeping a bottle just in case. I probably shouldn't have bought the huge bottle though. If you use it but don't get much of an improvement maybe your hair isn't damaged enough? In which case, I'd just use it up as a straightforward after shampoo conditioner that then rinse out, if you've missed the 30day MBG return window.

It's a good price.

I love the stuff and wouldn't be without it. I'm prone to mini dreadlocks forming by the nape of my neck as I've got long thick hair, ever since I've used elastisizer I've never had them.

It also lasts flipping ages. I bought 2 one litre bottles when it was product of the month last June and I haven't finished the first bottle yet. I do only wash my hair every 4-5 days though, however I use loooooadsss. So anyone umming and ahhing - you'll get lots of use out of this TSV, it's economical if you calculate its usage over a year.

i agree i do have thick quite dry hair and i want it to be sleek and shiny lol this just helps to give me the hair i desire. if i had really soft fine hair thats in good condition then no i would not use it.

I don't get enough of a result to use it regularly but, and it's a big but, when I seriously damaged my hair bleaching it for too long I was recommended to use this by Scott Cornwall (the guy who developed ColourB4 and similar products). When I rinsed off the bleach, my hair felt like a mass of soggy candy floss, with no discernible strands. You know how body hair goes when you use Immac...kind of melted!

SC recommended Elasticizer and I used it before and after washing with Wen. I can't remember the science bit, but I think it's a like protein pack rather than just a smoothing surface conditioner. After 2 weeks my hair looked and felt like normal and I'm relieve that I didn't have to have it cut off.

So I have mixed views on the product. I have the BPotM "just in case" and it'll probably last a lifetime. As my 18 year old daughter lightens her long hair it's worth us keeping a bottle just in case. I probably shouldn't have bought the huge bottle though. If you use it but don't get much of an improvement maybe your hair isn't damaged enough? In which case, I'd just use it up as a straightforward after shampoo conditioner that then rinse out, if you've missed the 30day MBG return window.

One of the hair care experts said you should not use a Protein conditioner just after colouring, something to do with the colour dyes having this in them.

i succumbed. i would have liked a better price for the large size minus the regular sized one. i remember paying well over £20 for the smaller size. god i made that last

I loved the Aveda shampoos, but I have never been tempted by any of the PK products, I would never want to put the Elasticizer gunge in my hair, but then again I have no big problem with my hair, all John Frieda products seem to suit me fine.

Latest posts

Back