Philip Kingsley TSV 17/6/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm not clear what the elasticiser does or is supposed to do? It is basically a conditioning treatment? I am losing SO much hair ATM due to medication and general ill health and wonder if it would help? I have fine blonde hair but a lot of it (if that makes sense!) though it's obviously not as thick as it used to be :(

I've been going through the same as you, medication and menopause and have very fine hair but lots of it, it was also highlighted which used to thicken it up a bit, then all of a sudden it started falling out and my scalp went very bumpy and sore. I have a cover over the plughole and the amount of hair in that was frightening, even combing the conditioner through, the comb was full of hair, it really frightened me.

My GP gave me steroid lotion and the most awful smelling shampoo, which I took to the hairdresser and they recommended Vitamins for skin, hair and nails and to stop the shampoo because it was actually stripping the hair shaft! I went to the local health shop and have been taking Natures Aid, Hair, Skin and Nails Formula, 1 a day, 90 Tabs @ £14.95 or a months supply, which is what I tried first, because they are cheaper.

The other half kept telling me not to worry about it, but to be honest you can't help but worry and then one day I decided, if it falls out it falls out, because I think the stress of worrying wasn't helping either.

That was a couple of months ago and on my hair appointment last week, there was less hair falling out during the wash and in the styling brush, plus lots of new growth. She actually told me that the first time she washed my hair she had emptied the plughole 5 times when washing it, there was so much coming out and she was frightened to tell me!!

I have tried and got Elasticiser and have used that, but it did very little to help, especially with the fall out. I've not been able to highlight my hair since and have got a good 3" of re-growth, which at one time would have mortified me, but now I don't care.

Philip Kingsley also has a brand new product on QVC for hair loss, which involves spray, drops and tablets, but at £70 a bit too expensive for me.

Natures Aid appear to have worked so far, but I must warn you they are big tablets to swallow, so I blend them with my smoothie

Thanks for the tips. Decided not to go for the elasticiser in the end - really out of my budget and if I try I shall buy a smallish bottle...

Glad you're having good results with Natures Aid supplements. I'm already on 17 separate pills per day ATM so can't manage any more medication right now but may be worth coming at it from that angle another time...

Latest posts

Back