Philip Kingsley - opinions

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
Hiya all

I've been thinking about changing my hair care routine, my hair feels a bit yak at the minute even though it's been newly cut and coloured, the colour has faded already.

At the moment I'm using Ojon Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner through the week, and if my hair gets greasy in the meantime I use my Lush 'I Love Juicy' to sort it out.

I got my birthday easy pay voucher last week and was wondering whether to use it to buy some Philip Kingsley stuff.

What do folks think about his range - and what's his ingredient list like, is it chock full of SLS et al?

Thanks
Love Kath

Philip Kingsley is a good range. The best product is the Elast stuff to be honest.
It is not a natural range by any means, so if you like the natural idea of Ojon or Lush might not be for you.

I don't think the shampoo and conditioner are anything special but I really like (and would repurchase) Elasticizer treatment and the preen cream finishing cream.

Thanks for your views thus far guys:1: I'm a bit stuck as to what to buy as my hair is feeling yakky and I don't want to make it feel more yakky lol...

Try clear Pantene, not the Ice one, the normal Clarifying shampoo first. I find it to be a winner when my hair feels like that. Maybe follow with Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner. I also find MOP Glisten is a winner for those "Yak" times, but its a lot more expensive!

I've used the Ojon thickening shampoo and conditioner but found that they left my oily fine hair feeling dry and harsh. I have used the Kingsley thickening shampoo and conditioner and found they did nothing for my hair either. However I find the Elasticizer and the scalp mask suit my hair to a T.

I have been using Tawaka for a while and my hairdresser thought my hair was v dry - i have gone back to using a shampoo by bioforce that i love as it is v natural and it has neem in it. when i was using it before he had said my hair was in great condition....if you want to go down the natural route, it is a shampoo i recommend (sorry it is not a qvc option)

P K is great.........next best is shisedo via ebay [ hong kong ] & the writing isnt for me :33: BUT the shampoo has ridges down the side & the conditoner not....comes under differnent names.......but that should start you off ....or give me a PM & i ll tell you where from......lovey chappie & not too expensive either

Hiya

Thanks again guys - you're top!

Miniminx - my hairdresser has banned me from using Pantene lol! She won't colour my hair if I've been using it. Is the clarifying one full of Silicone? Aussie 3 Minute Miracle is great though and I've used that before :1:- but MOP Glisten I really didn't get on with at all.

The Bioforce sounds interesting though - am not too bothered whether it's from QVC or not, I was really only wanting to squander my easy pay voucher, but I could always use that to get some more Laura Geller stuff instead!

Iggylover - can you let me know the details of the stuff you order? Cheers

Love Kath
xxx

Aww, cheers Jabba:1:

I've just been on t'Philip Kingsley website and have found 75ml sample bottles of shampoos/conditioners for £4.75 and £5.95 respectively...

The Bed Head range is FAB, not QVC I know! Only ever tried Nick Chevez from QVC hair care and hated it sooo it put me off a bit but always thought I might fancy Aveda! Where is the best place to get Aveda from? Thanks :10:

I love Philip Kinglsey's elasticizer too and recently ordered the PK Super body and shine collection. I have to say the shampoo and conditioner are ok but for the price I paid, I can't say I was overwhelmed by them. I prefer Aveda's colour conserve.

I don't know if you use any products in your hair or hairspray but one tip I was given was to use bicarbonate of soda instead of clarifying shampoo. I don't use products like mousse but am guilty of using hairspray and this had caused some build up. I put some bicarbonate of soda in the palm of my hand and add a little water to it, then massage this into my hair. Shampoo normally to wash it out and wow does it leave my hair in beautiful condition! Quite honestly I feel I could have saved the money I spent on the elasticiser as my hair is soft and silky and a dream to blow dry with no tugs or breaks. I always feel my colour looks brighter too after doing this although I only do it once every 2 or 3 weeks.

Anyway, good luck with your search!

I love Philip Kinglsey's elasticizer too and recently ordered the PK Super body and shine collection. I have to say the shampoo and conditioner are ok but for the price I paid, I can't say I was overwhelmed by them. I prefer Aveda's colour conserve.

I don't know if you use any products in your hair or hairspray but one tip I was given was to use bicarbonate of soda instead of clarifying shampoo. I don't use products like mousse but am guilty of using hairspray and this had caused some build up. I put some bicarbonate of soda in the palm of my hand and add a little water to it, then massage this into my hair. Shampoo normally to wash it out and wow does it leave my hair in beautiful condition! Quite honestly I feel I could have saved the money I spent on the elasticiser as my hair is soft and silky and a dream to blow dry with no tugs or breaks. I always feel my colour looks brighter too after doing this although I only do it once every 2 or 3 weeks.

Anyway, good luck with your search!
Hello Lesa & welcome to the forum :43:
Have never heard that tip re bicarbonate of soda but will definitely give it a try.Thank you x

Thanks for the welcome Marzy. I posted a couple of times before the site went down but have only lurked recently.

Hope you get on with the bicarb, it really cleanses your hair. :1:

thanks lesa i will try that out.......have PM you cavegirl........happy shampooing all what a lot we all learn on here

Latest posts

Back