Peter Simon joining TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry but they (whoever they may be) had every opportunity to keep this revolting pig off our screens, but no, one of the few remaining shopping channels have given him a job. What's the matter with them? They'll find out soon enough!
Both the new recruits involved with two failed shopping channels!
Another one only involved with IW which went bust.
With this late summer weather expect rattan fever to return.
Whoever is involved with recruitment should be aware viewers are not stupid.

Both the new recruits involved with two failed shopping channels!
Another one only involved with IW which went bust.
With this late summer weather expect rattan fever to return.
Whoever is involved with recruitment should be aware viewers are not stupid.
TJC should do 'The Peter & Sally Show'

The funny thing is (although not in a joking way) perhaps they'll do quite well in terms of viewers liking them, shifting product etc. If that happens, it perhaps says something about the viewers as much if not more than it does about the presenters.

It wouldn't surprise me if TJC have realised that shows with two presenters are selling more stock than shows with just one so they might be employing all these extra people to have enough cover to continue with the duo presenter hours.

It wouldn't surprise me if TJC have realised that shows with two presenters are selling more stock than shows with just one so they might be employing all these extra people to have enough cover to continue with the duo presenter hours.
I think this is probably the case. It’s been QVC’s model for years and I think it works well. I think the idea is that it is more like a conversation instead of a sales pitch. And very remote from the Lecture/Monologue approach that is the Gemporia way!

HI, I'M SALLY

And I'm Peter

WELCOME TO OUR SHOW

Yes welcome. Whether you're watching from the hills, the dales, the housing estates, prison or North Korea, we welcome you all.

OOOooo LOOK AT THIS RING PETER, I'LL NEED TO MENTION THIS ON MY DOWN TO EARTH, SALT OF THE EARTH YOUTUBE CHANNEL. THIS RING IS MASSIVE!

(gurning face) Oh massive is it, reminds me of a story from the 80s involving me, someone from Spain called Pedro and a tube of ...

HEY NOW CUT IT OUT YOU, WE'LL HAVE NONE OF THAT!

A tell it like it is me Sal, you know that. Now, let me hold this ring to the camera with a close-up of my dirty fingernails ...

I wonder how TJC poster boy man Mark Gould™ and the existing presenting talent feel about his arrival...

I mean, Peter Simon must sell. If he didn't, he wouldn't be employed continuously AND given prime time slots wherever he turns up (though as @cheeky chappie points out this probably tells us more about the viewer than the presenter). If Peter Simon sells well enough to stay, and if the other IW newbies don't bomb either, there's going to be less work/ego spotlight to be had for the regulars. That can't be an exciting prospect.

Do we know what theme/product BAFTA-award winning Peter Simon's show will have yet?

Last edited:
Or make them go out for a long walk.
Off a very short pier. Or up the M1

I wonder how TJC poster boy man Mark Gould™ and the existing TJC talent feel about his arrival...

I mean, Peter Simon must sell. If he didn't, he wouldn't be employed continuously AND given prime time slots wherever he turns up (though as @cheeky chappie points out this probably tells us more about the viewer than the presenter). If Peter Simon sells well enough to stay, and if the other IW newbies don't bomb either, there's going to be less work/ego spotlight to be had for the existing lot…

Do we know what theme/product BAFTA-award winning Peter Simon's show will have yet?
Crystal meth?

Doctor Tizzard will be making an appearance,quick fetch the ointment funny face at the camera nobody laughs,squirms away putting his tongue out👅

Attachments

• IMG_6285.jpeg
    IMG_6285.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 31
I am looking forward to the dynamic between him and Marina

She is the epitome of everything he isn't as a TV shopping presenter very rarely over eggs things can be serious and can be very relaxed just an all-round excellent presenter and one of only a few industry-wide never seen a negative word about on here

Going to be a strange experience for PS to play second fiddle to someone he seemingly took under his wing a long time ago. Marina in no way strikes me as someone who would agree to do a show with someone she doesn't respect/like

Should be interesting however it goes

I am looking forward to the dynamic between him and Marina

She is the epitome of everything he isn't as a TV shopping presenter very rarely over eggs things can be serious and can be very relaxed just an all-round excellent presenter and one of only a few industry-wide never seen a negative word about on here

Going to be a strange experience for PS to play second fiddle to someone he seemingly took under his wing a long time ago. Marina in no way strikes me as someone who would agree to do a show with someone she doesn't respect/like

Should be interesting however it goes
From what I remember seeing on Bid and the YouTube clips, Marina with PS, MM or AndyH was always a good double-act. They had a good laugh and passed it on to the viewers. And presumably they made sales as a result.

So I'll give credit to the TJC management for pairing PS back up with Marina, rather than taking him alone onto some slot and see how it goes.

Wonder if this is a pre-emptive attack by TJC to deflate any momentum Shop Extra might be gaining and get some former IW and SE eyeballs back onto TJC. I will certainly give it a watch to see how he does with Marina again.

P.S. I was gutted when I found out Marina is married with kids! 😃 And then found out she's actually foremost a singer and been in bands and had a proper music career. The shopping channel work is a sideline or just a regular thing to keep in hand. A proper showbiz luvvie!

From what I remember seeing on Bid and the YouTube clips, Marina with PS, MM or AndyH was always a good double-act. They had a good laugh and passed it on to the viewers. And presumably they made sales as a result.

So I'll give credit to the TJC management for pairing PS back up with Marina, rather than taking him alone onto some slot and see how it goes.

Wonder if this is a pre-emptive attack by TJC to deflate any momentum Shop Extra might be gaining and get some former IW and SE eyeballs back onto TJC. I will certainly give it a watch to see how he does with Marina again.

P.S. I was gutted when I found out Marina is married with kids! 😃 And then found out she's actually foremost a singer and been in bands and had a proper music career. The shopping channel work is a sideline or just a regular thing to keep in hand. A proper showbiz luvvie!

I have to disagree. I watched Marina last night, she is bland, she doesn’t allow guests to speak and it was painful viewing!

Poor Marianne didn’t get a chance with her, and Mariannes shows always go amazing. Marina killed that yesterday! Then poor Peter was stuck with her doing that belt which does nothing as I have bought it and used it religiously and no results at all!

If they're putting Peter on with Marina, it's not to say they (perhaps Marina more than Peter) will look on it as picking up where they left off all those years ago. Whilst Marina will no doubt still be up for a laugh to a degree, she's a different person now in that she's older, a presenter in her own right (not a side kick), more professional and a mum. So although I could be wrong, I'd doubt that she'd want to be part of shows where she's either the butt of jokes and/or that are laden with double entendre.

If they're putting Peter on with Marina, it's not to say they (perhaps Marina more than Peter) will look on it as picking up where they left off all those years ago. Whilst Marina will no doubt still be up for a laugh to a degree, she's a different person now in that she's older, a presenter in her own right (not a side kick), more professional and a mum. So although I could be wrong, I'd doubt that she'd want to be part of shows where she's either the butt of jokes and/or that are laden with double entendre.

I think she has gotten worse since her pre mum days. She was awful to watch last night and I hope she isn’t doing any more beauty shows in the future.

Latest posts

Back