Perricone MD TSV 23/12/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You've got to give it to the Doc, his products hit a spot

The range - "Perricone MD Cosmeceuticals" no nonsense cosmetic/pharmacy overtones
The packaging - serious, chemist like bottles with pharmacy like labels
The price - outrageously expensive because ...... ?

But do you know the best part? People buy it!

He's quite a guy is Dr Perricone!

Totally agree about the type of bottles & labeling they have used , it implies its a prescribed treatment

Hi,

Cocosa had a kit reduced a couple of weeks ago, I was just over £60 from £200 (it claimed).
High potency eye lift, high potency evening repair, and advanced face firming activator.

Cheers,
karen

My rule is no matter how good the TSV price if I couldn't/wouldn't pay full price for it then I won't buy. And I wouldn't pay those prices. Even if I could afford it. And I will pay £100 for a ****** great pot if PCMC. But at least it lasts me months. This stuff is around £100 for small/standard sizes.
I always think it would be so disappointing if you tried something like this, found it really worked but then couldn't afford to carry on using it. However I suppose the thinking behind a lot of the TSVs is get people hooked so they will buy at full price.

If it is so brilliantly wonderful and makes a difference with one application, as claimed about one of the products earlier today, then I have a suggestion ;-)
At the midnight launch they should have a bare faced model apply the product. A close up photo then taken and same model returns next day for another photo.
We can then compare the two and having been duly astounded, then rush to the phones or tap the app in order to secure ours. Congratulations to us for getting it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I always think it would be so disappointing if you tried something like this, found it really worked but then couldn't afford to carry on using it. However I suppose the thinking behind a lot of the TSVs is get people hooked so they will buy at full price.

'Full price' is, at QVC.UK a crazy price, but much of this TSV can be found cheaper elsewhere

The horror stories I have read from some Perricone items - "burn't skin" "allergic reactions" etc etc.. requiring LONG healing time is feedback one should listen to before purchasing.

this feedback quote, taken from Amazon.com about the Perricone bible...

I'm a physician. I checked Perricone's peer-reviewed publications in PUBMED. There were only four, the most recent in 1996 which showed a miniscule sun-protection factor of 2.4 for topical glycolic acid. This is a far cry from his exaggerated claims, partial truths, and out-right lies in this book. The five-star reviews titled "Fringe Benefits!" and "The Perricone Prescription" read like shills for Perricone's incredibly high-priced products. Go to his website's store (http://www.nvperriconemd.com/), where he has a 2 ounce bottle of topical Lipoic Acid for $95!! This is typical for his products. Better yet, eat a "Mediterranean diet", skip this book, and ignore his advice on supplements. He's rich enough already.

Last edited:
I wouldn't pay that much for Perricone products personally as I think the cost is outrageous. I too have read an article when I googled him to see what all the fuss is about. What was interesting was that the article questioned his methods & overall status in skin care, hmmm....Who knows, anyone can write anything on the internet but it does make me wonder, especially as Judith Williams's wrinkle relax serum is so amazing & only cost me about £24 on offer including p&p. My friends swore I'd had botox a month after I started using it, so glad I bought several.

Oh yes, I did buy his cleanser once when it was on offer as it was only about £20 ish + p&p but it made my eyes smart even if it just went near the orbital bone, so not for me I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back