Perricone MD TSV 07/03/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How are they getting away with rattling on about him being a Dr when they hardly dared mention the DR part of the Dr Denese range for fear of advertising standards coming down like a ton of bricks?

Jude xx

Just watching the TSV presentation. They showed the before and after pic of the eye cream. Sorry it might be me but I genuinely can't tell the difference. Certainly wouldn't tempt me into spending £136.73 of my hard earned cash. Why are people so gullible?

I Could BUT I won't be dragged into this hype. The reason? these women JF included are talking about women in their mid 40's.I truly believe I looked as good as ( if not better!) than these women @ that age!!!! Am now mid 60's, am using either LE or JW and Ultrasun if I need to go abroad & experience stronger sun.Suncare, moisture, & genes are the key! Unfortunately those genes have given me high Cholesterol!

I have tried the products and like them but only bought the small kit from salonskincare little goes a long way and the textures are lovely. However AY and JF get on my nerves because they get given freebies and don't have to fork out their hard earned.
I would love the TSV but can't afford it so i won't be buying.
Anyone who is tempted by the Formula 15, perricone uk have a great offer a full size with night serum for £89 oh and free p&p.

Kara has got nice skin but the lack of wrinkles on the forehead and around the eyes is obviously down to Bertie Botox :cheeky:

Thank you really interesting article. Olay Regenerist Daily 3 point treatment cream is on Amazon at £11.90 with free P&P for 50 mls.

I have been using the Olay Regenerist Daily 3 Point Treatment Cream (fragrance free option) for several months now and it's fab!

Kara has got nice skin but the lack of wrinkles on the forehead and around the eyes is obviously down to Bertie Botox :cheeky:

Hmmm but F, do you think they'd be allowed to have fillers etc and still be reps on TV for an anti wrinkle range? Actually if JF can flog the clobber she's wearing in a show & how comfortable it is, how it fits etc, then someone posted a pic of her hugging the guest with several large bulldog clips at the back holding the thing on properly then yeh, possibly.:thinking:

Interesting article Caretodiffer, thanks for posting. I recall the Prai range has quite a bit of matrixyl in it. If you buy the kits they're quite reasonable too.

I loved that range but then Q were out of stock of the products I used for months on end so I switched. Now I think they have a some of it back & repackaged. May have to try it again when I've gone thru my EU excess mountain of Elemis PCMC.

Last edited:
I have been using the Olay Regenerist Daily 3 Point Treatment Cream (fragrance free option) for several months now and it's fab!
It's supposed to be good for along the jawline, have you seen any difference in that area? I don't really have problems with wrinkles etc but I am sensitive about the menopausal slackness so am constantly looking for something that will help.

Hmmm but F, do you think they'd be allowed to have fillers etc and still be reps on TV for an anti wrinkle range? Actually if JF can flog the clobber she's wearing in a show & how comfortable it is, how it fits etc, then someone posted a pic of her hugging the guest with several large bulldog clips at the back holding the thing on properly then yeh, possibly.

It is a bit incongruous, but I don't particularly have a problem with it so long as they don't try to claim that their own lack of wrinkles is down to the skincare, which I don't think Kara does. She could still benefit from the lifting and radiance she claims the products give.

The irony is that having botox is probably no more expensive than some of the products that cost hundreds and no skincare will ever be as effective as getting rid of wrinkles as botox.

She's not the only one either. Robyn that used to do Philosophy was very obviously botoxed. If the likes of AY didn't make out that it was akin to selling yourself to the devil there might be a bit more honesty about it :hi:

It is a bit incongruous, but I don't particularly have a problem with it so long as they don't try to claim that their own lack of wrinkles is down to the skincare, which I don't think Kara does. She could still benefit from the lifting and radiance she claims the products give.

The irony is that having botox is probably no more expensive than some of the products that cost hundreds and no skincare will ever be as effective as getting rid of wrinkles as botox.

She's not the only one either. Robyn that used to do Philosophy was very obviously botoxed. If the likes of AY didn't make out that it was akin to selling yourself to the devil there might be a bit more honesty about it :hi:

My local beauty salon/hairdressers have botox on offer from £100 upwards, depending where and how much you have done. I wouldn`t touch it with a bargepole so have never been tempted but the girl who cuts my hair says plenty people do. They have someone who comes in to do the " botox sessions " and I`ve no idea if he/she is a Doctor or medically trained or whatever and for a start that would ring warning bells in my head. I read an article a while ago where people who have facial drooping caused by Bells Palsy, or a lopsided mouth, eyes or face as the after effects of a stroke or face spasms caused by other illnesses can now get botox from their GP or hospital and that`s great but there are lots of people out there who freeze their faces and really don`t need to

My friend had botox by a young girl as she put it & she's hardly old at 41. Left her with "droop eye", that lasted as long as the botox did so all that money for fear and embarassment as there's no guarantees the droop eye won't be permanent to some degree. Thankfuly in her case it wasn't. Oh & forget about comebacks for legal compo or for them putting it right, you sign a disclaimer b4 you have it injected that gets them completely off the hook. In fact, my friend went back & you know what their offer of a solution was?? MORE BOTOX! To correct the problem they had caused earlier.

Some people want the dream so much tho', they'll risk anything. My friend who went thru this went back to have more at a different place. This time she didn't get droop eye so Gawd knows how the 1st lot was injected!

It should be perfectly safe if it is done by a doctor who has experience of the procedure - not by a beautician or someone who isn't medically qualified. And I would never sign a disclaimer. The worst you should expect is minor bruising. For anyone that lives in West/South London I would highly recommend Dr Helen St John at the St John Clinic in Wimbledon.

Hi,

my Dentist does Botox now - in fact a whole range of treatments.

She is a great advert for her products, it must be said.

I would love to know how old she is - she looks late 20s but is a dentist with her own practice, and has 3 kids, and has looked exactly the same for the 10 years I have been going to her, so I suspect 40 at least.

Cheers,
karen

It's supposed to be good for along the jawline, have you seen any difference in that area? I don't really have problems with wrinkles etc but I am sensitive about the menopausal slackness so am constantly looking for something that will help.

To be honest DJ, I didn't have a problem with the jawline before I started using the product so I wouldn't like to comment on that area but I have noticed an improvement with crow's feet and the few lines above the upper lip which I appreciate must be a sign of ageing as I've never smoked! I think I've been fortunate in inheriting my late Mum's good skin but I can't deny that I've tried various products over the years to help with the condition, etc. I used the original Oil of Ulay years ago but felt it seemed to change and go very watery so I moved on to Liz Earle from her very first appearance on QVC many moons ago. Whilst I continue to use a lot of her products I didn't feel her Skin Moisturiser was right for me and that goes for all the different options. A very good friend on here got me on to the Olay Professional range a couple of years ago which I also liked but, personally, I find the Regenerist Daily 3 Point Treatment Cream better for me. It's definitely worth a try......if you decide to go for the Fragrance Free option and find you don't like it then I'll happily buy it off you! :wink:

This set made my my eyes water so decided to send it back due to the cost. I thought about it and decided special delivery was my best option due to the value although the cost of that annoyed me. I'm so glad I did, it arrived back at QVC the next morning according to my tracking but after a week of it still being marked shipped I emailed and was told that it must have gone missing, thank god I sent it special delivery

Latest posts

Back