Percy and Reed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is it Naked that they sell in Boots? Didn't think it was that inexpensive. I may have a look.

No I got the impression that Julia wasn't happy with her hair last night either!! Think she told them she didn't want the finishing balm in but they persuaded her.

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Silicone in conditioner actually makes your hair dirty quicker. Seems dust etc is attracted to it, I know Pantene is loaded with and many hairdressers will say not to use it.

I personally love the Naked haircare range. I also like the Matrix Biolage range. No silicones! Percy & Read conditioners are full of silicone which is why it weighs down fine hair or makes it look greasy. If you want silicone, save your money and buy a bottle of Pantene conditioner!!

I occasionally use Naked's volumising mousse which is ok. I'm not hugely convinced volumising products work for any length of time - it's the blow drying technique that creates the volume, and I'm a bit rubbish at blow drying. For that reason the Babyliss Big Hair thingy is really good, but its only for longer hair because the size of the barrel is huge.
I also found the P&R products crap on my hair,agree it has a lot to do with how good you are at blow drying,by the way they do a smaller barrel on the Babyliss now.
Lynn

I watched this last night and Julia was commenting on how good her hair looked but personally I have never seen it looking so flat

Did anyone else think she was a bit terse with them? I thought she was quite direct - more in an 'out of work' way than her usual tactful work persona.

She apparently told them she wasn't happy with them using the products on her hair.

Go Julia!! :cool:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

How we're all so different! I popped in to say good night to DD last night and caught a bit of Julia on P & R - I said to DD it was a long time since I'd seen her look so good - I prefer her hair like that, not all fluffed out!

And I lied earlier - not Tresemme volumising mousse - Pantene! My hair is fine, flyaway and much thinner than it was in my youth, but with the products I mentioned in my earlier post, I get height and width, both of which I need otherwise I look like a pinhead.

Naked - I didn't like the volumising shampoo as it felt like my hair was coated with something and it was hard to style, but I've tried two others which I like - a detox and a wheatgerm - often on 3 for 2 Capi!

Yes. Naked is available in Boots and they have their own website too. I love their Sensitive shampoo and the corresponding conditioner. I stocked up massively last Xmas when they had a half price offer and free postage over £19 so I'm still getting through the stash. I'm currently using the hydrating shampoo at the moment and my hair has a lovely shine to it. The only downside is that I have loads of hair and wash it daily so go through tons of shampoo but at £2 a bottle it's not too expensive. I'd never spend loads on expensive shampoo, the silicone issue aside, because I's get through the whole bottle within 3 weeks.

Silicone certainly stops hair colours "take" but if you use silicone products and often use heat appliances like staighteners it can cause dark colours to bond to the end of the hair shaft and become irremovable, not even the strongest "colourB4" type products will remove it and the repeated cycle of colouring and heat can lead brunette shade to look black at the ends. I can't bear the feeling of really heavy weight silicone primers on my face either.

Jude xx

I also found the P&R products crap on my hair,agree it has a lot to do with how good you are at blow drying,by the way they do a smaller barrel on the Babyliss now.
Lynn

Where do they sell that? I looked in Boots the other day and both rotary stylers they stock were huge. I'd definitely be interested in a smaller one for short hair.

I watched this last night and Julia was commenting on how good her hair looked but personally I have never seen it looking so flat

I did not watch QVC much yesterday, I flicked on later in the evening, and saw Julia, she looked lovely but I noticed that her was very flat, in fact no volume at all, never have seen it like that before. I did not know Percy and Reed had been on the show. I was not interested in any new shampoo.

Do Aveda use silicones in their hair products ? I like the colour conserve range but don't know if it contains them.

Latest posts

Back