Peony TSV 1 March

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A cheap milk jug from Asda and a couple of fake flaarrs from any garden centre and hey presto. It's not rocket science and would cost nowhere near 25 quid.

For once Craig has got it right. The photos of his flat shows the flaarrs on top of the loo together with a Yankee candle!!

Just checked there's a nice looking porcelain one for £5, don't know how it compares on size as yet again QVC website not working for me.

Well, they're only small jugs.

Here we go again - AUTO DELIVERY - it started off as just being on skin care, but now its on everything ! Bears the other day, so will it be auto/d for flat screen teles next ?

Its true though, about the white jugs. For years I have had a white jug full of sweet peas (fresh) on my dining table when they are in season and certainly don't cost me £25. Just think of the faux flowers you could buy for £100 which is what the au/del would cost.

Don't know if anyones interested but I bought last Mothers Day week from Aldi, a real white orchid like the peony ones but in a plain white pot for £10.
It flowered for ages on the windowsill, watered once a week with no feeding or repotting, when all the flowers died I trimmed it.
It's now grown two fresh stems one is full of flowers and the other has fresh buds, measuring 24 inches high by 20 inches wide, it looks stunning.
Just before Christmas they had some coloured ones in red pots, but they didn't look as nice plants, gave them a miss.
I'll be looking out for some repeat ones this Mothers Day for gifts, as mine has been well worth the money.

Well, they're only small jugs.

Here we go again - AUTO DELIVERY - it started off as just being on skin care, but now its on everything ! Bears the other day, so will it be auto/d for flat screen teles next ?

Its true though, about the white jugs. For years I have had a white jug full of sweet peas (fresh) on my dining table when they are in season and certainly don't cost me £25. Just think of the faux flowers you could buy for £100 which is what the au/del would cost.

Thank heavens it's not only me, today I thought yet again AD.
The best one yet though was the Nails Inc with the last drop you didn't actually know what colours you were buying.
Funny that I thought, cause I buy a polish cause I fancy trying out that certain shade.

Right now if your budget is £8 get your self off to Asda quick.
As they have a
ASDA Large Jug - Pure White
£5.00

Made from white porcelain.
Jug W 19cm X D 10cm X H 19cm.
Microwave and dishwasher safe

Stick in a yellow bunch of carnation pinks costing only £3 or if your budget is slightly more MS may have two bunches for £5.

For those with a slightly lower budget a few weeks ago there were daffs a pound a bunch.

As learn't from DF you'd be best to multi buy because someone will be bound to say, "why didn't you get me any?"

:tongue:

Oh my word Julie fresh back from the Caribbean, has just said we are literally giving you four jugs, thanks love sorry but no they are ceramic.
I'm more high end here, only do porcelain and yes Dale what would other stores charge for a jug well how does £5 sound for porcelain?
The silver fox just invited me to come though on the phone to say what I think.

:phone: :call:

:mysmilie_488::giggle:

I think some of them look quite nice, the flaaaaars that is...but they are overpriced, and like all fake flowers will look horrible when they've gathered dust, become discoloured, snagged with general wear and tear. Ok, I know you're supposed to clean them, but one of the good things about real flowers , is that you don't have to and they have a nice, natural smell, which I'd imagine would be much nicer that fake scent! She can keep them!

Whatever they say and however good they are, they are still fake flaarrs and anyone can tell they're fake. If you like them and they give you pleasure then Peony arrangements are probably fab but let's not pretend they come close to the real thing. Ok real ones die after a week or so but just buy what's on offer at the supermarket. At the moment it's daffs and tulips at £1 each bunch in Asda. You can't complain about that, and they look so much better than fake roses or cala lillies surely.

Would anyone in their right mind pay over 60 quid to get this on their windowsill?

As I said above, daffs are £1 a bunch at Asda.

Double dare you Bags!!!! :wink:

Don't do that Ali I'm a little devil, hubby was nipping to Asda so I asked him to pick me up one of those white jugs.
It's on the windowsill in the downstairs loo awaiting me moving some of the mini carnations, hubby picks me up in a £3 bunch weekly.
Doesn't cost much to keep me happy. :tongue:

The cheek of that Peony woman calling the photos on screen of a particular item 'dreadful'. The photographers can't work a miracle, love.

As for the 'still water'... Seriously, looks like hair gel. No better than the the stuff they use in cheap ones.

The whole 'mix in fresh flowers' idea is just laughable. Is buying overpriced fake flowers, spraying them with artificial scents and mixing in fresh flowers easier than just buying fresh in the first place!?

"I feel like I'm in Provence with this jug..." Yes she actually said that!

The cheek of that Peony woman calling the photos on screen of a particular item 'dreadful'. The photographers can't work a miracle, love.

As for the 'still water'... Seriously, looks like hair gel. No better than the the stuff they use in cheap ones.

The whole 'mix in fresh flowers' idea is just laughable. Is buying overpriced fake flowers, spraying them with artificial scents and mixing in fresh flowers easier than just buying fresh in the first place!?

Pity she wasn't.

Has anyone noticed the raggy edges

Has anyone noticed when they zoom in there are lots of cottony bits hanging off the flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars ????? Or is it just me -------------- they are pretty there is no doubt but at that price I would nt expect bits hanging off Id rather stick with my own fake flaaaaaaaaaaaaaar which cost a fraction of the price lol

Sorry have deleted due to mistaken duplication in my post

Last edited:

I too was shouting at the screen photo looks dreadful, cause they are dreadful love.

Yes she did too, to which I replied so I'm in my downstairs loo, with the jug hubby's just got me for a fiver from Asda.

I get riled as soon as I see the 'promo' for the show - on the terrace of some huuuuuge haaaaaaarse where she is delicately touching her table arrangement..... aaaaaaaaghhhhh!!!!! her and old touchy feely NN Adams should get together. Does anyone know if Fanlight Peony actually lives on this estate where these flaaaaaars are produced ???

I get riled as soon as I see the 'promo' for the show - on the terrace of some huuuuuge haaaaaaarse where she is delicately touching her table arrangement..... aaaaaaaaghhhhh!!!!! her and old touchy feely NN Adams should get together. Does anyone know if Fanlight Peony actually lives on this estate where these flaaaaaars are produced ???

The Christmas promo had her Julie (Fanlight Peony) prancing about the home in a red flock sitting on the couch with a little dog.
I maybe incorrect but I thought it was her parents pad, the Ruckley Estate.
If she still lives with them I'm unsure as I've heard her say about were she places the flaws in her own home.

Shifnal, Shropshire

Our Shifnal store is just five minutes from Junction 3 on the M54 motorway near Shifnal, in the heart of rural Shropshire. Take the A41 (North), then look out for the brown tourist sign to THE OUTLET@ RUCKLEY, STANTON FARM.

We also host regular floral workshops here, which you are welcome to attend by arrangement. For more information, please contact Julie Bates on 01952 463738.

The Outlet @ Ruckley
Stanton Farm
Ruckley Estate
Shifnal
Shropshire
TF11 8P

Latest posts

Back