Peony artificial flowers trailer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodness, surprised you know what a duster is Sue...................:mysmilie_61:
Feckin cheek!! :mysmilie_503:I'll let you know I owned one once. :wink: AND I'm better at housework than cooking. :tongue:

Just had a quick look from the links supplied by SCW.Think the Bloom ones are nicer ( Galaxy gave the web link)I have the White roses in the black ceramic cube which is now half price which is really nice.
All IMO!!!

Just had a quick look from the links supplied by SCW.Think the Bloom ones are nicer ( Galaxy gave the web link)I have the White roses in the black ceramic cube which is now half price which is really nice.
All IMO!!!

Funnily enough I've just been looking at that one and felt very tempted!

Feckin cheek!! :mysmilie_503:I'll let you know I owned one once. :wink: AND I'm better at housework than cooking. :tongue:

Did you wear it out?! :wink: I know cooking isn't one of your favourite pastimes but I bet you like rubbing things up now and again............:cheeky:

Anyone tempted by the arrangements offered?

A question for those of you who already have something similar - what's the best way to clean them of dust, etc.?

Hi BusyLizzie, I am not sure if it's the best way, but my way has been the occasional dusting with damp, lint free cloth, gently going over the flowers. They never look very dusty anyway. The resin 'water' can show a layer of dust settling after a while, so the easiest way to clean it is a bit of warm water with a drop of washing up liquid. Just swirl it around and rinse carefully. That gets it looking as good as new, again.

The only thing to watch with these is summer time if you are placing them on a particularly sunny window sill, make sure you turn them around frequently. Otherwise you can end up with an arrangement that is one shade lighter on the side that was exposed constantly to the sun.

I have attached couple of piccies of some of mine. They are best appreciated seen as a part of the whole room and in daylight rather than artificial lighting.

Attachments

• IMG_2018.jpg
    IMG_2018.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_2022.jpg
    IMG_2022.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 238
Hi BusyLizzie, I am not sure if it's the best way, but my way has been the occasional dusting with damp, lint free cloth, gently going over the flowers. They never look very dusty anyway. The resin 'water' can show a layer of dust settling after a while, so the easiest way to clean it is a bit of warm water with a drop of washing up liquid. Just swirl it around and rinse carefully. That gets it looking as good as new, again.

The only thing to watch with these is summer time if you are placing them on a particularly sunny window sill, make sure you turn them around frequently. Otherwise you can end up with an arrangement that is one shade lighter on the side that was exposed constantly to the sun.

I have attached couple of piccies of some of mine. They are best appreciated seen as a part of the whole room and in daylight rather than artificial lighting.

Thank you so much for your detailed reply and piccies - they both look lovely.

I've been tempted by silk flowers for some time but I wanted to make sure that they look as realistic as possible. We have a dehumidifier which seems to have a drastic affect on most fresh flowers but I love the colour in the rooms. Anyway, I've decided to go with Silver Fox's recommendation as my first purchase because I love a bargain! :wink:

Think I'll probably have a peep at tomorrow's show as well though.

i think the bloom ones are nicer been buying the for years and bloom are second to none. the attention to detail is exceptional.

can't wait to see how much these artificial "flars" are, they don't appear to be online yet.
Just had to laugh at the QVC homepage though, at the top is a picture of Julia with the caption "Julia Roberts talks about her 17 years" :giggle: would love to be able to hack in and type "- every chance she gets" underneath :mysmilie_17:

Even better you could change it to "Julia Roberts talks about herSELF every chance she gets".
:handshake:

So would those of you who have the ones from Bloom say that they do look very realistic or just like good artificial ones.
IYKWIM.

:sad::thinking::dull::envy:

The prices OMG

I thought this show would be one for me but sadly nearly £100 ago I don't think so.

I've had some nice flowers from ebay, local garden centres and Marks do some nice ones too.

I see they have choosen a male presenter to do flower arrangements - Charlie Brook :thinking:

Just looked at them on the website. Wow QVC are doing something new and different!! M & S and garden centres do similar things and cheaper! plus an hour of peony flowers at 7 pm + smarmy = me not watching.

I had a quick look and IMO the Bloom arrangements look much more realistic and better quality.:flower:

Thank you so much for your detailed reply and piccies - they both look lovely.

I've been tempted by silk flowers for some time but I wanted to make sure that they look as realistic as possible. We have a dehumidifier which seems to have a drastic affect on most fresh flowers but I love the colour in the rooms. Anyway, I've decided to go with Silver Fox's recommendation as my first purchase because I love a bargain! :wink:

Think I'll probably have a peep at tomorrow's show as well though.

Hope you like the 'Bloom' arrangement!

Hhhmmm. When theydo the close ups you can see the frayed edges....

on the flaars or on Charlie..?! Actually, I enjoyed the 45 mins or so that we got, thought the displays were very nice tho didn't order anything - maybe another time. I would have liked a nice peace lily plant..I love them but having a feline friend can't have a real one in the house. Charlie got on my wick putting his hands to his temples several times, maybe all the imaginary pollen flying about was giving him a headache...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back