Payers for my mum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not so quick update....

She is back on a post op ward after 2 days in High Dependency. They started her on physio on friday, not much, getting her left leg to straighten, puch her knee down, push her foot down, wiggle her toes, little things while she was in bed, then they put her in the chair for an hour using the hoist. It's the weekend now so hopefully proper physio will start tomorrow. OH is meant to be seeing her over the weekend for movement on her leg but so far noone has been in.

She is in alot of pain and has gone off her food but managing to eat small amounts.

She still has a catheter in and can't walk, everyone knows it will be a long slow process for her. She has been unable to weight bear on her left leg for years and it is bent at the knee so getting the muscles and tendons to relax and straighten is a must. She has also been bed bound for nearly 2 months now and lost some strength in her right leg but they will work on that.

It has been 4 days since her operation and so far no infections........which is a great sign. They were worried about her making it through the operation and extremely worried about her getting infections in the days after.

So far it is all positive and all the good thoughts and prayers from everyone is working wonders and I can't thank you enough for that. xx

Oh poor lady! But definitely good that four days after the op there is no infection - I'm sure I can speak for everyone who's posted when I say that we will keep your mum in our thoughts & prayers Yaz - do hope that things will continue to improve even if at a slow pace - love & hugs x keep us posted!

Not so quick update....

She is back on a post op ward after 2 days in High Dependency. They started her on physio on friday, not much, getting her left leg to straighten, puch her knee down, push her foot down, wiggle her toes, little things while she was in bed, then they put her in the chair for an hour using the hoist. It's the weekend now so hopefully proper physio will start tomorrow. OH is meant to be seeing her over the weekend for movement on her leg but so far noone has been in.

She is in alot of pain and has gone off her food but managing to eat small amounts.

She still has a catheter in and can't walk, everyone knows it will be a long slow process for her. She has been unable to weight bear on her left leg for years and it is bent at the knee so getting the muscles and tendons to relax and straighten is a must. She has also been bed bound for nearly 2 months now and lost some strength in her right leg but they will work on that.

It has been 4 days since her operation and so far no infections........which is a great sign. They were worried about her making it through the operation and extremely worried about her getting infections in the days after.

So far it is all positive and all the good thoughts and prayers from everyone is working wonders and I can't thank you enough for that. xx

Aww thanks for the update, im glad so far all is ok and hope she continues to improve asap. Sending me best wishes to ur mum and u and ur family x

Not so quick update....

It will take a long time Yazrose, but hopefully the worst is over. Glad there are no infections. Keep us up to date please and hope she continues to make good progress xx

Not so quick update....

Good to know things have gone well with the op and the best news is that she is infection free:happy:
She might take more time than most to walk, taking into consideration that she has not used her leg muscles for a while, but with a caring and loving family that she is so lucky to have, she will get mobile soon.
Sorry to hear about her poor appetite and hope it will improve , and hope she is taking lots of fluids/nourishing drinks. I will add my best wishes to all the others' to both you and your mum:bear:

Latest posts

Back