P & p

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
I know we have all mentioned or complained about this before, it is just that I have noticed that the p & p of most of the fashion items are now £4.95 or more :doh: I have been watching some of the fashion clearance hours and I just cannot understand how they work it out....a top can be £ 4.95p and so can a maxi dress:wonder:
If we bought 4 items, the P&P is just short of £20, with that we could have bought another item:nod:
We have asked so many times for a price cap like something that IW does. Then QVC will find that most of us will get a few items to try at home and send the others back.

P&P is going to be QVCs undoing - many online retailers now offer free P&P or one P&P charge if you order more than one item.

QVCs excust that they need to charge to pay staff is nonsence as how do other retailers do it.

If people had a day set aside for boycotting QVC because of there ridiculous P&P charges i'm sure they would take note.
The trouble with us British people is that we don't complain enough to make ourselves heard.

Its getting beyond a joke. So many items, I have been on the phone to order, then they tell me the total cost and I think Iv given the wrong item number, as the price! when they add on the p&p in the call centre., I dont recognise the price

It has certainly put me off - I buy far less than I used to as I resent paying so much p&p. If I decide to give something a try and then don't like it, I not only have to pay the p&p to QVC but then the return p&p via Royal Mail which combined can leave little change out of £10 and just makes the 30 day MBG less tempting.

P&P has certainly put me off especially as it's slightly more expensive to the Rep of Ireland.

At the beginning of December I put 3 or 4 Christmas items from Last Clicks into my basket but quickly emptied it when the postage was more than the items.

P&P has certainly put me off especially as it's slightly more expensive to the Rep of Ireland.

At the beginning of December I put 3 or 4 Christmas items from Last Clicks into my basket but quickly emptied it when the postage was more than the items.

I've done that same thing many a time Marzy - shopping on the website has saved me a lot of money in the past!

My last 2 returns to QVC cost at least a pound cheaper to post back, and QVC recieved back in days.

Internet retailers are absolutley kicking Q in terms of p&p and speed of delivery & refunds imo. Q's competitors in web land even often provide a free returns label too!

They should take a leaf out of Amazon's books or a leaf out if the Amazon :p anyway if you don't mind a slower post it's free, if you want it first class a bit more or next day £8 which IMHO is fair. Also Amazon Prime which is £49 for a years worth if unlimited. Again very fair and might make you spend more so win win. (Also now slightly OT but with AP if you have a Kindle you get free access to their lending library and can borrow one book a month).

Come on Q why not do something similar?

PJ.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

They should take a leaf out of Amazon's books or a leaf out if the Amazon :p anyway if you don't mind a slower post it's free, if you want it first class a bit more or next day £8 which IMHO is fair. Also Amazon Prime which is £49 for a years worth if unlimited. Again very fair and might make you spend more so win win. (Also now slightly OT but with AP if you have a Kindle you get free access to their lending library and can borrow one book a month).

Come on Q why not do something similar?

PJ.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.[/QUOTE

Probably got more chance of a charlie bear having a rant & storming off the set on air PJ lol. Saw someone describe Q as a dinosaur, just about seems to sum it up imo x.

Another annoying thing about the P&P though is the fact that you are paying high, premium postage rates but things still take an age to arrive.
Don't know about other people, but it invariably takes the full five days for my order to arrive. Longer if it's across a weekend so the full five WORKING days. Orders from other sites can arrive in a couple of days even with free postage

Wouldn't mind if I lived somewhere miles away but I often read reviews by people who live in Scotland or the South for a TSV they've received while I, who live in no more than a few miles away, am still waiting for mine! Makes no sense.

Last edited:
They are very hit & miss tho..I ordered a featherbed on Thursday which arrived on Saturday. But it's going back!

Another annoying thing about the P&P though is the fact that you are paying high, premium postage rates but things still take an age to arrive.
Don't know about other people, but it invariably takes the full five days for my order to arrive. Longer if it's across a weekend so the full five WORKING days. Orders from other sites can arrive in a couple of days even with free postage

They charge first class prices for a second class service.

I could not agree more. They say 5-7 working days now and they are right to cover there backs by saying that because almost all my orders do take the full 5-7 working days to be delivered. They are so slow at delivering, you would think, as they charge so much p&p that they would offer faster shipment. Didnt it use to be 3-5 working days? or did I imagine that, if so then qvc must be the one of the few companies that have gone backward with delivery times!

Latest posts

Back