P+P Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Snoopy

Guest Shopper
I have just recieved an item from QVC that weighs 11g,packaging and reciept weighs 16g i was charged £2:45 postage and they had the cheek to send it 2cnd class post.Disgusting charge for a nailfile that took 5 days to arrive.I once ordered a 42'' flatscreen tv form elsewhere free delivery next day.If they wonder why this was my first order in 6 months they should read this.

Totally agree the p&p charges are ridiculous. I'm not sure how they can justify them.

Totally agree the p&p charges are ridiculous. I'm not sure how they can justify them.

It's putting me off buying from them, so many other on line retailers do really good p and p offers, free on occasions, or combined orders etc, yet QVC do not seem to realise that they would probably increase their sales if they addressed this issue

I agree, I think the ridiculous P&P is losing QVC tons of sales (well, from me at least!:D). If so many other, smaller internet retailers can afford to provide lower prices + next day delivery which is either very reasonably priced or indeed FREE, why can't QVC? I have started to notice more and more sites also offering a 30mbg, so what does QVC thinks the incentive is to buy from them? I think they really need to realise that we live in a very different shopping environment from the times when QVC first started trading...:mad:

It is putting me off too at the moment. The P&P prices are ridiculous and they are still saying you get a discount if you buy more than one of the same item number when it only counts if it is the same smell, colour etc. I bought two LG TSV's the other day and was charged 2 P&P as one was fair and the other was regular !!

It is putting me off too at the moment. The P&P prices are ridiculous and they are still saying you get a discount if you buy more than one of the same item number when it only counts if it is the same smell, colour etc. I bought two LG TSV's the other day and was charged 2 P&P as one was fair and the other was regular !!

Blooming cheeky things!!!! that is taking the p**s!. I have just done a bit of shopping on Amazon and got free p and p on one order and a combined charge on another. So have bought four things and spent £2 75p to get it all delivered. In QVC land this would be at least £11 80p assuming a charge of £2.95p per item which is one of their lower charges.

I think until their sales seriouly diminish they will kepp high p&p. T hey have admitted in the past that the high charge is to offset the 30 day mbg which allows you to USE the items-I have yet to find any other supplier to have the same offer but would love to be proved wrong,as with all the other 30 day mbg I have seen it is for UNUSED items or faulty only.

I think until their sales seriouly diminish they will kepp high p&p. T hey have admitted in the past that the high charge is to offset the 30 day mbg which allows you to USE the items-I have yet to find any other supplier to have the same offer but would love to be proved wrong,as with all the other 30 day mbg I have seen it is for UNUSED items or faulty only.

Lakeland are pretty good about returning things, I bought a load of cling film re-fills for my dispenser and ordered the wrong ones - about 6 - and I rang and they just sent me replacements, I didn't have to send the old ones back -and they were heavy!

i'd expect a nailfile embedded in a cake for that price ;)

Ah that explains why i havent seen my favourite beagle posting for such a long time.... been in the clink again snoops? what was it this time, shopliftin' again? ;)

:rolleyes:

Indecent exposure this time Burlz you know when you see Gok Wan on the telly he's in shops with women getting them to kit off ? well i thought hmmmm why not ? so i ...........

I agree, I think the ridiculous P&P is losing QVC tons of sales (well, from me at least!:D). If so many other, smaller internet retailers can afford to provide lower prices + next day delivery which is either very reasonably priced or indeed FREE, why can't QVC? I have started to notice more and more sites also offering a 30mbg, so what does QVC thinks the incentive is to buy from them? I think they really need to realise that we live in a very different shopping environment from the times when QVC first started trading...:mad:

Often.companies like Amazon and play sell items cheaper than the high street and the postage is FREE!!!!! FREE QVC!!

I'm livid with QVC about their P&P charges. I ordered 2 purses for Xmas gifts and paid a total of £5.10 for postage. They've both just arrived together in the same packet via second class mail. So, QVC, please justify why I had to pay 2 lots of extortionate charges for one parcel? I don't plan on sending them back but I've checked and they would cost about £1.50 to return in the same manner. Add to that the fact that I waited almost 2 weeks for these and you see why I'm not happy. And it's frustrating that there's no interest from QVC in these issues. I spoke to CS and just got the usual corporate clap-trap.

I collect various things and buy and sell them from all around the world. I have items sent from the Philippines that get here more quickly and for less cost than QVC can manage. I can't think of any other mail order or internet company that is as slow and as expensive. Very, very poor and it'll be the downfall of QVC if they can't do something about it.

I do so agree Moth, they are simply outrageous, and unbelievably slow as well. After my present orders have arrived, if they ever do, I shall not be shopping or watching much anymore. Get excellent service from every other on line retailer.

oooh moth, that really is taking the biscuit. The only thing that will end it is when they start losing customers. I have cut down but they keep hooking me in with the odd TSV which I can't resist (let's face it QVC will be well aware of this). Maybe you should write in to the highest bod you can get the name of and ask them to justify what happened !

oooh moth, that really is taking the biscuit. The only thing that will end it is when they start losing customers. I have cut down but they keep hooking me in with the odd TSV which I can't resist (let's face it QVC will be well aware of this). Maybe you should write in to the highest bod you can get the name of and ask them to justify what happened !

Thanks for that but we have tried in the past and we never get replies. I wrote a letter when I sent back a ring that had been received in a used condition and never heard anything back about that.

Latest posts

Back