P&P Charges for QVC in Europe

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

vampyre

Blood Drinking Iconoclast
Well for starters there is single a delivery charge.
QVC Germany charge €5.95/£4.90 for your items ordered in one day and €24.95/£20.50 for bulky items.
QVC Italy will also be all you order in a day at a similar flat rate.

Oh I'm sorry I looked, the charge per item has always annoyed me but if proof were ever needed that QVC UK rip off customers with their delivery charges:envy:

they keep mentioning P & P don't they - DG on Centigrade yesterday when displaying a coat with free P & P said that she knew it was a bugbear for some people - damn right it is! I know one channel...think it was HSE, now defunct, used to give you free P & P on all your orders for the day if you bought their TSV, but perhaps that's why they went thru! It does get a bit much tho, and makes me think twice when thinking about ordering....if I go into Nottm on my OAP bus pass I can buy as many items as I want without any P & P at all - well, as many as I can get into my shopping trolley anyway..this to Julian who is fond of saying how much it costs us to park for a morning when out shopping!

I wish they would bring this in NOW ! I ordered some bits from Amazon over the weekend and guess what free p and p and they arrived today by Royal Mail and that's with Bank Holiday too! How come QVC cannot achieve this? I know jewellery arrives fairly swiftly sometimes but I do find them so hit and miss.

P & P is getting expensive on QVC. I ordered a Decleor facial wash from cheapsmells in the Channel Islands - 95p they charge for delivery. Got something from ASOS no P & P, Amazon/Javari no P & P. John Lewis free P & P if you spend £30+ and why would you buy a large item such as a TV from them when all the major retailers will deliver it for nothing!! and QVC charge a fortune for delivery.

That just proves what I've been feeling for ages. QVC are ripping us off with their P&P charges.

I'd be more inclined to purchase stuff from them if they'd introduce a fairer system (doubt they will until their profits start declining). Due to their current P&P charges I either go looking for the item elsewhere (and normally find it cheaper before postage) or just don't bother. Either way I save myself money :)

Babe Rainbow xx

Exactly. Thats why for beauty stuff (apart from when I get TSVs) I always shop around and the stuff itself is sometimes cheaper on other websites.

The P&P charges are becoming ( become!) a real turn off! Ordered some itsy bitsy earrings with a P&P of £3.95 & have returned £1.17 ( 2nd class) so that is quite a cost just to look at something.They go on about the 30 day MBG but it sure costs! Think I will be heading for the shops to look for FREE!

The very reason I've rarely bought from them over the last couple of years, not only is the P&P a complete rip off but the dispatch time is worse than 2nd class most of the time :angry: I noticed they said on air the other day dispatched within 5-7 working days, for the money they charge it's not good enough IMO. Much better value online I only really buy the odd Elemis/Decleor TSV and only then if I will really use it all and it can't be bought cheaper including P&P elsewhere!

The P&P charges are becoming ( become!) a real turn off! Ordered some itsy bitsy earrings with a P&P of £3.95 & have returned £1.17 ( 2nd class) so that is quite a cost just to look at something.They go on about the 30 day MBG but it sure costs! Think I will be heading for the shops to look for FREE!

There's always the 7day cool off thing under the DSR thats been talked about so much, though if its a big item it obviously still costs at least one way - I sent back one option of the Yankee Spa set thingy the other week and got my orginal P&P back but it still cost me about seven quid return post. :whew:
Mind you, if more people start reclaiming their original p&p once this catches on they might dig their heels in even more about not reducing costs. :dull:

Their P&P has bemused me for a long time now. I never understood how they think they can get away with charging so much for postage and then making us wait a week to see goods when practically every other distance selling company you can name will send stuff for free or combine lots of items into one order to save you extra postage costs. And their delivery is faster too. I buy online a lot, even from overseas and I've had items arrive from Hong Kong more quickly than QVC.

Kim and Co is a prime example - you want to buy two or three items to make a matching set. You will pay about £4 P&P on each item, they will all arrive in separate packages and probably on different days. It really doesn't encourage you to want to buy does it? They do lose orders too. I wanted the Great Mystery, which I love. However, when I saw how much they charge to send it, I looked elsewhere and found it on ebay for half the price with free P&P and I know it will arrive much more quickly, despite having paid so much less. I do feel for those for whom QVC is the only choice.

If you look most items bigger than most jewellery (other than the Honora pearls for some reason) has a P&P charge of £4.45 or £5.45 which is extortionate.

That bumps up the price of the item and makes them less competitive than they already are. Its all very well banging on about introductory this and TSV that if you then have to add a further £5.45 on top. They must think we're all idiots.

Latest posts

Back