Overused Words/Phrases in the QVC Dictionary....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

...if I'm being honest with you... so they DO lie throught their teeth the rest of the time then.

It annoys me when the presenter says "I've got this" some of them have so much they must live in a massive house to fit everything in !....or when they say "I wish I could go and order this before it sells out", they expect us to believe they have never seen the product before :thinking2::wonder2:, when they all say that they know the items in advance, so they can do their homework :flower:

It's the mention of the white tshirt\shirt and jeans that goes with absolutely everything that gets me! and as others have mentioned those presenters who claim to have everything...do they live in the Liverpool warehouse? I also laugh at Sarah G when she says that items of jewellery are "devastating", I seem to recall that this actually means shocked, very upset or destroyed

I don't know who she is, but I'm thinking the person without 'bouncebackability' is Campbell of the Glen who's fallen off the face of the earth. No tears here tho I'm afraid! I wish him well, but in alternative employment completely un-fashion related.

I spoke too soon and wished him back again - there he is, large as life, warbling about Centigrade coats.

Like he cares.....

I've thought of a few more that annoy me

"i've got this on the go in the bathroom at the moment and i'm just about to finish it. I panic if i run out" This can be interchanged to suit whichever beauty show they happen to be presenting.

I'm wearing the size small. JR
Does your skin look flat. What does that mean??
This cream will give your skin luminosity and a rosy glow
a pop of colour
This foundation gives you a flawless airbrushed finish
This has shea butter in it. Some tribe or other use it on their babies
Imagine how this handwash will look in the guest bathroom
I wore this perfume/makeup/shower gel/shampoo on my wedding day
you can have this delivered in 5-7 working days!!!

And the blagging spiels that go along the lines of 'oh I love this but I've just run out and really use some more of it' gets on my wick as well.

It's the mention of the white tshirt\shirt and jeans that goes with absolutely everything that gets me! and as others have mentioned those presenters who claim to have everything...do they live in the Liverpool warehouse? I also laugh at Sarah G when she says that items of jewellery are "devastating", I seem to recall that this actually means shocked, very upset or destroyed

She also says in beauty shows, "this will have a devastating effect on your skin" !!!

you are loving this which is why 200 of you have jumped to the phones
would love to have your phone call so please come through and chat to us
it comes with instructions
and the one that really winds me up is: (price is £19.99 + 5.00 p+p) what a great price at under £20 - are we that dim we didn't notice there was p+p to add?
the same with easy pay...you can have this sent to your home for just £6 - yeah and the other 2 installments :rolleyes:

The over use of the words basically and literally in every sentence.....

Julie roberts and her "HOLD ON A SECOND...... HOW MUCH!. so you are getting all this tat for just 1 pound over the cost of the moisturiser!!!
I mean really. these creams probably cost about 50p a jar to produce or gatineau, decleor etc etc would be out of business if they can afford to give 100 quids worth for 35 quid and move thousands of them. That screams over priced originally to me.

get one for yourself and a friend/mum/teacher/uncle tom cobley and all

Yes yes I will spend 30 quid on a teacher righto..... they are lucky to get a 2 quid candle if I,m honest

Talking about diamonique in carat weight as if its real diamond..... "these are 2 whole carats, would costs you thousands if they were real"....... but there not. they're cubic zirconia with a fancy name...

Julia roberts in her Leotard doing pilates..... not the best advertisement for the product

Any mention of beauty treatments and how it would cost you hundreds to get them done at some top spa somewhere,by some uber therapist who charges you your first born for a treatment, whereas you can do them at home for a fraction of the cost...

Claire sutton and her girlie talk and mention of her mummy all the time. I can't watch her without wanting to drop kick the cat at the tele

We are now in a queue situation
If you're not already on the phones, you're not going to get this
We don't think we will be getting this back in stock (a desperate attempt to make you buy more in case you miss out)
Look at the texture of this (bearing in mind you can't actually 'look' at a texture?)
Suitable for ALL skin types (usually a blatant lie)
I really need you to be on Q-Cut or pressing your red active button

Oh there's just too many when you think about it....

I love this thread. there's something quite comforting about knowing that you're not the only one who gets ticked off everytime they spout this inane nonsense.
I would love one of the presenters to turn round and say
" actually i wouldn't buy this overpriced tat if you paid me. I go down to the high street and buy something just as good at half the price. I also don't pay parking charges as the car park is free so you can **** your p&p charges! "

... to the guest 'I must just stop you there' to the punters at home 'I must warn you Q cut is the way to go'...

Latest posts

Back