Oreck vacuum - any good?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

a vote from me too...i have the uprigt with the small canister vac. i think the hardest part is getting user to using the canister one to do edges /stairs etc & then using the big one for the main part.. i suffer with asthma + we have 2 dogs & the floor some days looks like we have tumble weed blowing round the skirting boards. also 2 siames cats + other pets....though iguanas etc dont make such a mess.anyway i have also arthritus too so need some lighweight claning equipement......i say go for it BUT i did get mine from outlet.....bags last even with my hounds shedding a very long time & no loss of suction..have a nosey on the bay & see if someone is flogging one from the outlets......BE AWARE though that the older ones sell for about £100 & the posher /up to date ones fetch about £120 so dont get ripped off.....good luck hunting

Well mine has arrived!!

Have had a quick whizz round with it and I can say it certainly won't be going back!! It's really lifted the pile on the carpet, something the Henry never seems to do (despite having pretty strong suction). It seemed to "do" the edges of the carpet perfectly well. The bit of carpet at the bottom of the stairs which looked rather flat and tired, looks flat no longer.

It seems really easy to push on the floor, no more back aching bending as with the Henry and is light enough to get upstairs easily.

No - it ain't the prettiest, but it ticks all the boxes for me. It's a keeper.

Mine just arrived, quickest delivery yet I have to say, but since moving day is on Thursday I'll leave it in its box until it's at the new place and give it a go on the weekend.

Thanks, I'll need it - I'm surrounded by all sorts of boxes but since we're moving out of MiL's house there's not much space to put them, and we're moving into an unfurnished house and still have to buy most of our furniture. We'll probably be spending a lot of the weekend building Ikea thingies.

I've moved 6 times in the last 5 years, I'm fed up with it.

Latest posts

Back