OPI disgraceful nails on your technician

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sharonk

Registered Shopper
If anyone from OPI lurks on here I just want to say that the technician on todays show at 2pm is not a good ambassador for your brand. The back of Her nails were dirty be it from staining, make up or dirt Whatever it was enough for the two people I was with and myself to say yuk, what a mess. Thats before you see the front of the nails which were streaky, chipped of polish and her thumb nail had flaked and been painted over.

Come on , I know you are a good brand and can do better than this, the others I was with took some convincing though.
Dont be complacent or lazy, get a member of the team with clean nails at least! I dont want my stomach to churn again just by watching a nail show.
Get it sorted please.
Rant over

Funnily, I don't watch nail shows but caught this whilst ironing, and was appalled at the sight of them. As you say stomach churning, a total disgrace, I would never buy anything based on that presentation. Makes you wonder what her underwear is like if that is what she considers okay in front of thousands of people.

I'm glad it wasn't just us that noticed, to be honest I don't see how anyone could have missed them. I paint my nails a lot and the underneath is never like that. It did make me wonder about hygiene and I certainly wouldn't want to eat anything she cooked

Gross

I noticed too, I think she hid them pronto, maybe someone in her ear! Have noticed it before on this technician. Maybe hair dye?

She's not just a technician she's the sister of the main guest (both Lena White's daughters, the woman who brought OPI to the UK) so not a great representative for a hand care company.

I'm sure I've noticed that before and it was mentioned that she does a lot of gardening. Maybe a good nail brush or gloves might be an idea. Yuk'

I didn't realise she wasn't a technician, it doesn't change anything though.
I have no problem with someone being on with flaking nails, just tell us how you are treating them and what with, what improvement we can expect to see. Anybody you use to flog your products should have clean nails, if they haven't, get someone else

Funnily, I don't watch nail shows but caught this whilst ironing, and was appalled at the sight of them. As you say stomach churning, a total disgrace, I would never buy anything based on that presentation. Makes you wonder what her underwear is like if that is what she considers okay in front of thousands of people.

They were the same in a show a week or more ago, disgraceful.

I'm not interested in nail products, so don't usually watch any of the shows.
But just watched the link that Akimbo posted out of curiosity
Her nails are disgusting, I wouldn't want her touching my hands, yuk.

I once went into a chippy, while waiting to be served I saw the dirty nails of the woman serving, I walked out.

Well I actually think it's a bit insulting, we spend our hard earned cash on these products, is this company that sure of itself it can afford to show their products in this way, or is it that they don't really care or respect their customers?

There are so many nail companies out there, for goodness sake there are a few on QVC alone!

Just watched the clip Akimbo posted and yeah her nails don't look great but lets give her the benefit of the doubt we don't know what's going on in her life atm , she could be ill , she could be a carer or she could just be lazy .

What on earth does being a carer have to do with having dirty nails? If anything I would have thought there would be more reason to have clean nails, even short nails. being ill can cause dreadful problems with your nails I know that, I have said I don't have a problem with that other than acknowledge it and say how to treat it. What I have a problem with is them looking dirty and having badly chipped nail polish. One of her pink nails which was a contrasting colour so was obviously going to attract attention was chipped badly.

What on earth does being a carer have to do with having dirty nails? If anything I would have thought there would be more reason to have clean nails, even short nails. being ill can cause dreadful problems with your nails I know that, I have said I don't have a problem with that other than acknowledge it and say how to treat it. What I have a problem with is them looking dirty and having badly chipped nail polish. One of her pink nails which was a contrasting colour so was obviously going to attract attention was chipped badly.

Being a Carer means you have no time for yourself , Making sure your nails are perfect is the least of your problems!

Creating scenarios that would account for dirty fingernails doesn't really excuse them. She's on telly representing a hand and nailcare range. It doesn't inspre confidence in the effect of Nail Envy or hand cream if Julie's nails look grotty. When they first took over all the OPI shows from their mum, Lena, Julie and Lise shared the limelight, but gradually Julie has taken a back seat.

No but keeping them short and clean reduces risk of damage to someone's skin and infection. One of the most common causes of cellulitis comes from dirt and infections around the nail bed. I would have thought keeping them clean and short would come above painting them if time was short.

Anyway, if she wasn't aware of the state of them one of the others should have been and it should have been put right before going on air

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back