OPI disgraceful nails on your technician

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It will be interesting to see if I get a reply especially as some said they have raised it before.

It will be interesting to see if I get a reply especially as some said they have raised it before.

I hope you do get a reply , sorry if im come across as defensive but ive been a carer and I know how hard it is, but until we know the reason why, its all speculation .

Caring is a difficult job and I can appreciate how tiring it can be both mentally and physically for carers, those being cared for and their families.
It can put so much pressure on everyone especially if you are caring for a family member.
Too many children become cares at a young age,not enough support is given to them and their childhood is often lost.

I raise my glass to anyone that can do it and do it well. Not everyone can and not everyone does. Sadly the only carers we see mentioned in the media are those who do a bad job.
We should give more credit to those doing a good job

Just had a quick look at the link Akimbo put up. I actually think her real nails are discoloured(you know they are always telling us about how we need a basecoast as polish will discolour the nails over time), well I think that is what is wrong here. I could see the green polish she is wearing from the underside coming through. This daughter seems to be off having babies a lot, but on three or four occasions over the years she has had a stand in as she was off having a baby. The chip looked like part of the nail had come off rather than a bog standard nail polish chip. It was too deep and the nail looked ragged too.

Lena runs a tech training school so I think the daughters are trained. Remember Karen the model(she had cat like green eyes black hair and appeared a few years back with a scary face lift), she said on air long ago she went and trained with Lena to be a nail tech.

Just had a quick look at the link Akimbo put up. I actually think her real nails are discoloured(you know they are always telling us about how we need a basecoast as polish will discolour the nails over time), well I think that is what is wrong here. I could see the green polish she is wearing from the underside coming through. This daughter seems to be off having babies a lot, but on three or four occasions over the years she has had a stand in as she was off having a baby. The chip looked like part of the nail had come off rather than a bog standard nail polish chip. It was too deep and the nail looked ragged too.

Lena runs a tech training school so I think the daughters are trained. Remember Karen the model(she had cat like green eyes black hair and appeared a few years back with a scary face lift), she said on air long ago she went and trained with Lena to be a nail tech.

I recall Lisa being off having a baby and Julie covering what she does whilst she was off. Don't recall Julie being pregnant.

The chip on her thumb looks like she is wearing gel under the polish and a bit of the gel has come off. As for behind her nail, could be she has painted nail envy behind the free edge as they advise and that does tend to discolour when painted there.

I think Sazza is right about the Nail Envy.

On the rare occasions I have remembered to apply it under the nail, it has discoloured and gone very manky looking!
I recall Lisa being off having a baby and Julie covering what she does whilst she was off. Don't recall Julie being pregnant.

The chip on her thumb looks like she is wearing gel under the polish and a bit of the gel has come off. As for behind her nail, could be she has painted nail envy behind the free edge as they advise and that does tend to discolour when painted there.

If anyone from OPI lurks on here I just want to say that the technician on todays show at 2pm is not a good ambassador for your brand. The back of Her nails were dirty be it from staining, make up or dirt Whatever it was enough for the two people I was with and myself to say yuk, what a mess. Thats before you see the front of the nails which were streaky, chipped of polish and her thumb nail had flaked and been painted over.

Come on , I know you are a good brand and can do better than this, the others I was with took some convincing though.
Dont be complacent or lazy, get a member of the team with clean nails at least! I dont want my stomach to churn again just by watching a nail show.
Get it sorted please.
Rant over

I thought exactly the same! Even said to the person I was watching with that I don't understand why she doesn't wear gels while on QVC. OPI do nearly every collection in the Gel Colour, it would last longer, wouldn't be affected by her doing manicures on other people, wouldn't be affected by non-acetone remover (I've noticed her tips get worse as the demos continue) and it would just look much, much better. Considering OPI seem to be moving away from the professional market and more into the retail market, you'd think her nails would be looking perfect!

Have just managed to catch this and am really amazed at how manky those nails were. Firstly, she is a regular on the show so should have come prepared for being on TV, secondly the main OPI woman was presenting with CH so should have checked on the condition of the nails on those representing her product. I mean it wasn't much of an advert for OPI was it? I also thought the model had stained nails as well!! Perhaps they do not use base coats for these demos, but if not - blimey OPI has some staining power!!!

I can't imagine Leyton standing next to Nina (?) with nails like that!!!!!!

Didn't see the show but, after watching the video, and then seeing that it was actually Julie's nails, I couldn't believe it; the nails were appalling and if a manicurist made a mess of my nails, like she was of the model's, I wouldn't pay her until the mistakes had been rectified. Bad day at the office, perhaps? Definitely a bad day for OPI.

Here is the response on QVCs facebook page

QVC UK Hi Sharon, so sorry you were put off. We do appreciate feedback in order to improve shows in the future so thank you for posting yours. Hope you enjoy the next OPI show. Rachel x
Like · Reply · 2 hrs

That reply sounds machine generated. If it isn't then Rachel needs her arse kicked for such a bland reply. Ps since when was it acceptable for a business person to end a message with a x. Noticed Flint also did this whilst she was sticking the knife into that book reviewer (see post). Maybe it is the FB/twitter equivalent of "over and out"? sorry I am an old fogey whom all this casual approach has passed by.

I agree about the "x" too. They are not the only ones though. During a long drawnout complaint to Very Complaints Department, I pointed this out to them. I don't know if they did anything about it though. I doubt it. I don't deal with them any more after two disastrous orders with them.

Latest posts

Back