Ooops! Roots alert to JR...... B and W show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When I was in my teens, I believed I was ugly and fat and used to dream of having plastic surgery - didn't help that I had two beautiful skinny sisters. After going through anorexia and depression, two things saved me - the love of a good man (my husband of 19 years) and being pregnant with my daughter (never felt fat after that!).
Thank goodness I grew into myself, and learned to make the best of what I had. I still think we live in a looks obsessed culture, and sometimes I wish I didn't care so much about my appearance. I always seem to be trying to create the perfect wardrobe and find the next product that will make me look gorgeous. So much of my self worth and confidence seems to correlate with how I look on that particular day. There are still bad days when I hate myself, and don't want to face the world, but I have learned to take care of myself.
One good thing, I always get mistaken for being younger and, shallow me, it does give me a boost. Those chubby cheeks and round face have finally come into their own!!
Happy 50th anniversary, Bettyboo, and good wishes to all who are feeling poorly.

How was your day Bettyboo? Hope you had a lovely celebration. Congratulations!

I'm a chubby cheeks as well Laura L'Occitane Earle. Perhaps what we forumites would call a doll face or a dolly face. Didn't like 'em that much when I was younger but once I got into my 40s suddenly they made me look youthful and right now they're fashionable. And stars have fat injected into their faces to get 'em! It's a funny old world.

Pleased you've conquered your demons, for the most part, through the love of a good man and your daughter. I've always been quite happy with my looks. I'm no beauty queen but I've a pretty face and even I know I've got a killer smile. I'm sure you do but make sure your daughter knows she's beautiful inside and out.

I remember when you first joined the forum Tinkerbelle, you put your photo up- very pretty indeed !

Aww thank you Bauble. Where's that blushing smilie thing when you need it. You've a good memory!! :eek:)

I remember when you first joined the forum Tinkerbelle, you put your photo up- very pretty indeed !

I want to see it. Can you post it again Tinkerbelle.

For all of you here who were here when the lovely Icladipuss. used to post do you remember her avitar . I asked her which film star it was and it was her!! A Real beauty inside and out.

I want to see it. Can you post it again Tinkerbelle.

For all of you here who were here when the lovely Icladipuss. used to post do you remember her avitar . I asked her which film star it was and it was her!! A Real beauty inside and out.
:mysmilie_847: I posted my post before seeing yours. I don't think I have come across Icladipuss, I hope she posts her pic too:happy:

I used to have my photo as my avatar. I'll change it tomorrow when I'm sat in front of my computer but no one is going to mistake me for a film star of that I'm absolutely blumming certain! :eek:)

And you must remember that I am 120% photogenic. It's my one real talent in this life.

I used to have my photo as my avatar. I'll change it tomorrow when I'm sat in front of my computer but no one is going to mistake me for a film star of that I'm absolutely blumming certain! :eek:)

And you must remember that I am 120% photogenic. It's my one real talent in this life.

Well i'm looking forward to seeing it. Hope your feeling better today.

Ooh I did it on my phone!! Chopped myself off a bit to get it to fit.

I am thank you and I've had a lovely day out in the sunshine.

Lovely photo. You are photogenic. I hate getting my photo taken. Always avoid it.
Glad you're better today. Bucketing down here

Stunning is being very kind. I scrub up OK and as I said I am very photogenic. Reality is less glossy. Hmm I've made it bigger but it's a bit fuzzy now. Anyway tis me! Must be Christmas 2009 I think. So slightly out of date as well as fuzzy.

Tinkerbelle. I only ever give compliments when i mean them. None of this "you look lovely" nonsense when i don't mean it.

Last edited:
No it's actually from a Christmas party. The original is of my friend and I heads together, both resting our heads on our hands. It was taken by another friend sitting opposite us at the table. It was the only sensible one on my phone lol.

Latest posts

Back