Ooops! Roots alert to JR...... B and W show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

another age rant while we're on the subject and one that personally gets me wound up because i've been accused of doing it by someone i thought was a good friend and it's something i'd never do. that is - knock a few years off.

i am the age i am, i can't help when i was born and i'm grateful i'm still here. i had friends who aren't. say i went on a dating site (i don't) if men would only be interested in me if i pretended i was 5 years younger so as not to say the dreaded 60, then they can b***er off as far as i'm concerned. i'm not interested in anyone that shallow. also, doesn't it have to come out eventually? that you've deceived someone to get them interested? having said that, maybe it doesn't - i have a friend who's 75. he's still very friendly with his ex-wife who he was married to for years and to my astonishment he still doesn't know how old she is! because she's older than him, she always refused to tell him.

somebody once told me I was "still quite attractive for your age" talk about being dammed with faint praise, oh and I was about 37 at the time. I actually went home and cried, silly me

Gawd Silversequin that was a bit rough.

I was once complimented on what I was wearing. Think ironed Yong Kim top, leggings and knee high, high heeled boots. I was quite chuffed til she added ... wish I was "that brave". I moaned to a friend about it who told me that she had always thought my style to be quite "artistic". Talk about nail in the coffin! I was clearly not up to snuff that day lol.

Oh noooo way would I ever ask anyone how old I look lol. I'm 38, have some health problems that have caused havoc with my skin and my skin is terrible anyway!!! I'm pretty sure I look older than I am from a wrinkle point of view.

People always seem to marry me off too - probably because I look sooo old lol. When I'm called Mrs (happens a lot) and say I'm Miss, I get that awww still not got a husband yet look! well no I have my man (for over 19 years) we've just not got married! and then when I say I haven't got children you can positively hear the violins!!! A real change from when I bought my first house at 18 and sales people who used to knock on the door asked me if my Mum was in - wow the last 19 years must have been unkind!

I make an effort always to look as nice as I can but it takes a lot of work depending on what my face decides to do and I am just so happy if I feel I can actually leave the house. I hate clothes shopping but get nice items a couple of times a year that I believe suit my shape and flatter my colouring.

Meh, so if I do look older than my years peeps can take me as they find me.

When I feel great, whether I look as poop as I day when I felt awful, I think it radiates on the outside so I work on that :) I've given up on hoping to have beautiful skin, gorgeous hair - it aint never gonna happen so I try and work with what I do have.

BTW - I think Julia is an attractive woman and I could do with some of her hair (greys or not), I love that she comes on air with a few greys showing, sometimes like other presenters her nails look a bit narled too but she is doing better than me most of the time and whether on telly or not we are all usually on show in one way or another.

CONGRATS to you Bettyboo :)

Last edited:
No amount of creams and potions can stop the ageing process but if using them makes you feel good that's no bad thing. I'm 70 and every time I look in the mirror I see my Mother looking back at me, and I realise I am looking my age these days. Huge day for us today 50th anniversary so must go and make myself look presentable with my ASDA face products etc.

Congratulations, have a lovely day x

I always give The Stars in Their Eyes catchphrase (whatever their name), 'Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be...'

So, 'Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be... 72' because I've got the lurgy!
Ooooh, I've been baad, but I'm not under the doctor

congrats Bettyboo

Last edited:
Minim, don't breathe over our Meg, we don't want the star getting ill :cheeky:

doo-da.jpg

Yes, I was surprised to see Julia's grey roots showing, especially when QVC sell products that are supposed to help conceal them.

No amount of creams and potions can stop the ageing process but if using them makes you feel good that's no bad thing. I'm 70 and every time I look in the mirror I see my Mother looking back at me, and I realise I am looking my age these days. Huge day for us today 50th anniversary so must go and make myself look presentable with my ASDA face products etc.
Congratulations, and a very happy 50th wedding anniversary Bettyboo:bear:

Thank you for the funny threads ladies. Congratulations BB and commiserations min, and sympathise with those of you who have poor health at the moment. I've had a poor run of health since mum died 20months ago with one thing after the other and I'm worn out. This forum certainly helps keep spirits up. Thank you.:bear::bear::bear:

I don't care what any of you look like on the outside. You are all lovely people on the inside and this shows in your posts which really brighten my mood when I have a streak of depression. Thank you.

It's also sad that so many of you are struggling with your health - I do hope you make the very best recovery possible for your individual ailments.

I'm a wee bit sentimental this evening. I'm in Florida for another 2 days, really don't want to come yet I miss Eric my little old cat soooo much, more than I do the family ! On a tangent - you should see the bargains I got in the Yankee Candle outlet today ! Luckily 've got a good baggage allowance on BA :cash::cash::cash:

EM

Thank you for the funny threads ladies. Congratulations BB and commiserations min, and sympathise with those of you who have poor health at the moment. I've had a poor run of health since mum died 20months ago with one thing after the other and I'm worn out. This forum certainly helps keep spirits up. Thank you.:bear::bear::bear:
Here is a hug for you, Loveinamist:bear: So sorry about your mum :sad: That is nothing anyone can say to console you on that loss , except to say, cherish the good memories that you have of her:bear:
Hope you get your "batteries" recharged soon:flower:

I don't care what any of you look like on the outside. You are all lovely people on the inside and this shows in your posts which really brighten my mood when I have a streak of depression. Thank you.

It's also sad that so many of you are struggling with your health - I do hope you make the very best recovery possible for your individual ailments.

I'm a wee bit sentimental this evening. I'm in Florida for another 2 days, really don't want to come yet I miss Eric my little old cat soooo much, more than I do the family ! On a tangent - you should see the bargains I got in the Yankee Candle outlet today ! Luckily 've got a good baggage allowance on BA :cash::cash::cash:

EM

Here is a hug for you too, Erics Mum:bear: It is good to be sentimental than be hard at heart, I always think, .....that shows that you have a kind heart to feel sentimental:flower:

Latest posts

Back