'Only official retailer of Smashbox'...or not?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

KWC you are so right, AY has this terror of wrinkles and looking old. She is unfortunatley going to learn the hard way, nothing stops you growing older. The only thing to get rid of wrinkles is plastic surgery, it won't stop them. None of the creams and potions she sells with stop them altogether, it can perhaps help soften them and keep the skin moisturised.

I never sunbathe but do wear sunblock, but I do go out for short periods if I know its only an hour without bothering to put it on. By the way I fry in the sun.

I got this further reply earlier:

Dear Therese,

Thank you for contacting QVC UK.

I will pass on your email today to the relevant dept in London to ensure Alison doesn't mention this on air.

If we can provide any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact QVC UK.

Thank you for e-Mailing QVC UK.

Regards,

So maybe they are going to take it seriously? It'll be interesting to see if she mentions it in the next Smashbox shows or tries to make some excuse for it? Either that or they'll start banging on about being the BIGGEST stockist of Smashbox. That's fair enough as it's probably true, but I was getting really sick of them constantly repeating what was blatantly not true.

grrrr..

Tx

Therese

Many thanks for this. As I mentioned in a previous post, QVC does an incredible amount to raise brand awareness of Smashbox within the UK and we really benefit from that.

We deal directly with Smashbox and it is a privilege to do so.

We are also allowed to use their photographs and logo.

QVC were the first to bring Smashbox to the UK and when it later appeared at John Lewis that was the expression they used to promote their links to Smashbox (rather than mentioning quantity - at the time they were also significantly cheaper than John Lewis).

It was only after Smashbox left John Lewis that we started dealing directly with Smashbox, and I believe HoF in Belfast starting selling Smashbox in late 2007 - early 2008.

Jayne

Last edited:
Jayne, were QVC the very first to have Smashbox, because I used to get mine from Selfridges, although they stopped selling it a while ago.

I remember it in Debenhams as well long before QVC had it. Then it disappeared from there and popped up on QVC with Timber. The sa in Debenhams told me about Timber and to watch out for him on QVC.

I remember it in Debenhams as well long before QVC had it. Then it disappeared from there and popped up on QVC with Timber. The sa in Debenhams told me about Timber and to watch out for him on QVC.

Timber was fantastic - loved him. It has never been quite the same since he left.

lol - shows what I know then - but Smashbox were only established in 1996-7 and QVC have had them for 9 years I think?
I honestly thought that QVC got them first.
Who knows - I am positive they said they bought Smashbox to the UK.

Therese

Many thanks for this. As I mentioned in a previous post, QVC does an incredible amount to raise brand awareness of Smashbox within the UK and we really benefit from that.

We deal directly with Smashbox and it is a privilege to do so.

We are also allowed to use their photographs and logo.

QVC were the first to bring Smashbox to the UK and when it later appeared at John Lewis that was the expression they used to promote their links to Smashbox (rather than mentioning quantity - at the time they were also significantly cheaper than John Lewis).

It was only after Smashbox left John Lewis that we started dealing directly with Smashbox, and I believe HoF in Belfast starting selling Smashbox in late 2007 - early 2008.

Jayne

Thanks Jayne! I hope I haven't been stepping on your toes contacting QVC like this, it just really bothered me that they were making this claim! I didn't mention your website at any point (to QVC) and of course people have the choice to buy Smashbox from you or QVC or wherever but I felt they should be aware that they're not the only retailer and it was making a false claim to keep saying they were. Personally I'm thrilled you exist :1::1: and the more people learnt that you're a stockist the better!

thanks,

Therese

KWC you are so right, AY has this terror of wrinkles and looking old. She is unfortunatley going to learn the hard way, nothing stops you growing older.

Do you suppose AY only rides her horses when it is raining? Or does she take a large brolly? Just a thought:33:

Do you suppose AY only rides her horses when it is raining? Or does she take a large brolly? Just a thought:33:

I've often wondered how she manages with horses too, certainly in the summer! Presumably if she goes to shows & stuff, she spends the entire time smothering herself in sunscreen & hiding in the dark of her trailer/lorry, only coming out when her classes are on & scuttling back to the sanctuary of 'out of the sun' as soon as they finish?
(Or maybe she doesn't go to shows & just mucks 'em out & feeds 'em at 2am? lol)

Never mind the sun - have you ever seen AY laugh ? or smile for that matter. Years ago Julia R said Alison never smiled at anything because she was trying to keep laughter lines at bay !!!!!!! how sad is that ?

On another tack. Threaten QVC with the Trades Description Authorities. I got in touch with the TDA regarding blueberry quartz when QVC first aired it. They were making all sorts of nonnsensical claims about the gem, - the next time it was on air they recanted all their previous claims. So these things can work

I have to agree about AY and the sun/wrinkles- she's completely over the top! It's part of the natural aging process to get SOME sun damage and to get SOME wrinkles. Yes there are things you can do to minimise both but I think she needs to get over herself. She doesn't laugh/smile much, she has a long fringe than totally frames her face which always makes me think she's covering up little crows feet and she won't allow close ups on camera. Are we impressed by all this? Do we all wish we were like her? No, we all wish she'd get a life and realise that dying and leaving a 25 year old looking corpse is not evidence of a life lived. So there! :9::9:

Tx

Debenhams stores that are currently recruiting for the Smashbox consessions!

Cosmetics Counter Manager in White Rose Leeds, Metro Centre Gateshead and Leicester.

We are also recruiting for Counter manager and consultant positions in

the following Debenhams stores: Leicester, Plymouth, Bromley, Clapham,

Liverpool, Swansea, Dundee, Middlesborough, Glasgow, Westfield, Oxford

St London, Merryhill, Guildford, Croydon, Southampton, Bouremouth and Truro.

http://jobview.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=82311025&WT.mc_n=jobscomview

YES Merry Hill is my local!

I didn't watch the last lot of smashbo shows to stop myself buying more! Are they still claiming this rubbish? John Lewis in Oxford St has had it for AGES!!! UH oh, if they are coming to Southampton I could be in trouble!!!!

I didn't watch the last lot of smashbo shows to stop myself buying more! Are they still claiming this rubbish? John Lewis in Oxford St has had it for AGES!!! UH oh, if they are coming to Southampton I could be in trouble!!!!

Are you sure it has smashbox in JL Oxford st? Its not on their site, wierd I must go!

They did 6 months ago when I last went. I remember being annoyed at AY's BS about them being the only retailer then, can't believe they are still saying it!

Latest posts

Back