On air Liz Earle New Essence

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Still, I feel that serious professionals shouldn't let that fact sway them to the point of misrepresenting a product... surely they must be aware of the fact that QVC exists and they might have had a peek at the website, especially as they are so big on letting the people who use them judge products?
I haven't tried the perfume, and look forward to. However, I am miffed by the silence about the people who don't like the perfume because I don't see the need for the secretiveness and the misleading attitude. What is wrong with saying: here's the perfume, we blended this and this, and not everybody will love it because that's the way with perfumes (and most things, in fact), not everybody will like the same thing...:down:

I bought from the LE site. I wasn't keen at first and now I love it. I have asthma and have to avoid lots of perfumes. This is fine. It's feminine and lasts long enough for me without choking me or next door's cat. OK - I am 51 and maybe younger people may not like or maybe older people - who knows. As you say, perfumes are a personal taste - what some love some back off from. LE is a top business woman but she and her team mishandeled this one IMO. They made a big mistake in not getting the samples right and out and available fast enough. I also think people expected it to smell like her body
ranges so there was a level of disappointment to start with.
Now I would not touch Tova stuff with a bargepole. The way she sprays and sprays maked me cough just looking at the screen!

does anyone else agree with me that liz should not be harping on about making a brand new fragrance when its a duplicate of a really famous one..
i always like liz and her company but now i just feel like its all a bit fake....:puke:

does anyone else agree with me that liz should not be harping on about making a brand new fragrance when its a duplicate of a really famous one..
i always like liz and her company but now i just feel like its all a bit fake....:puke:

I guess it all depends on whether it smells a bit like the other fragance, or whether it is an exact duplicate...

i would say to the naked nose its an exact duplicate. as soon as i sprayed it on i knew the fragance and it develpoed in the same way.
used to wear the origional for years. its not enough to say its not similar if not the same.
case of the emporers new clothes all the beauty press are heralding it as a new fragrance.

stuff and nonsense.:tongue2:
do like it though but i also like the other older versions too.

i would say to the naked nose its an exact duplicate. as soon as i sprayed it on i knew the fragance and it develpoed in the same way.
used to wear the origional for years. its not enough to say its not similar if not the same.
case of the emporers new clothes all the beauty press are heralding it as a new fragrance.

stuff and nonsense.:tongue2:
do like it though but i also like the other older versions too.

I haven't tried the LE one, but just out of curiosity, what do you think it's a copy of?

Well here is a big surprise. :giggle:

Jo Farley is raving about it on the Beauty Bible newsletter.

Liz Earle Botanical Essence Eau de Parfum No. 1, £39.50 for 50 ml, from www.uk.lizearle.com. It’s a simple fact: it’s not just me who loves this, but everyone whose nostrils I’ve wafted this under has also loved the debut fragrance launch from Liz Earle. As you’d expect from the queen of botanical beauty, it’s 98% natural – with essences derived from Damask rose, Italian bergamot, spicy patchouli and high-altitude lavender, plus mandarin, lemon, cardamom, geranium, vetiver and cedarwood – and the result is a oh-so-wearable blend that’s light and pretty enough for day, but sophisticated enough for night. My wrists feel positively naked without it.

I did say LE and the girls are personal friends and have been for years.

I borrowed the Green Beauty Bible from the library last week and thought I was reading an LE catalogue!

I borrowed the Green Beauty Bible from the library last week and thought I was reading an LE catalogue!

That is true Valm, and if you read their new one, the beauty on a budget one (I think it's called beauty steals or something similar), they manage a few mentions there too, even though all her products are above the price barrier of a tenner...

There must be some sort of consultancy fee or perk available in the relationship bt LE and the beauty bible authors. This is not independent advice, I can assure you.

There must be some sort of consultancy fee or perk available in the relationship bt LE and the beauty bible authors. This is not independent advice, I can assure you.

I use a lot of LE products and like almost all her range but I agree that this is not independent advice and makes me wonder who else they are 'mates' with.

i agree WS, no wonder LE doesn't need to pay for publicity when she has Jo Fairley basically doing her PR for her.
i don't take any notice of beauty journalists or editors at all. If i like it then i don't care what someone who receives loads of freebies thinks. i prefer the advice i get off the forum.

i agree WS, no wonder LE doesn't need to pay for publicity when she has Jo Fairley basically doing her PR for her.
i don't take any notice of beauty journalists or editors at all. If i like it then i don't care what someone who receives loads of freebies thinks. i prefer the advice i get off the forum.

Totally agree. In theory, that's the idea behind the beauty bible's 'tried and tested' method of recommind products, but I am not convinced they provide independent advice either....:cheeky:

I use a lot of LE products and like almost all her range but I agree that this is not independent advice and makes me wonder who else they are 'mates' with.

It is common practice in business to create a network of partners to promote products and services, instead of direct advertising. It is widespread, cost-effective and smarter (everyone adds value in the chain), but not independent.

Totally agree. In theory, that's the idea behind the beauty bible's 'tried and tested' method of recommind products, but I am not convinced they provide independent advice either....:cheeky:

No they don't! In the Green Beauty Bible, they berate Korres for using some non-natural ingredients, but scoot over the fact that Liz's range isn't 100% natural (ie they don't mention it in their brief write up at the top of each product). There's also quite a large box on one page saying talc is bad ... yet they neglect to mention Liz uses it in the her body lotion and hand cream!

I haven't tried the LE one, but just out of curiosity, what do you think it's a copy of?

i in the main think it smells like diorella. but its similar to christalle and a dozen other frgarnces according to other reviwers.
its a shame i would not have though that liz earle would have had to piggy bank anather fragrance and blatantly use it as her own.
it is nice though one of my faves!

I tested for the Beauty Bible earlier this year & was somewhat mislead.
When the email was sent inviting you to apply, they said that they were testing for an update to the Beauty Bible & any package you received would be worth at least £100. I sent my £30 to cover admin charges & the parcel I got, even pricing items at full price came nowhere near.
They neglected to say, when asking for your £30, that it was actually a budget version!!

Oh dear, naughty beauty bible team, your posts have been an eye opener... I have actually quite enjoyed reading both beauty bibles (green & budget), but there was something that I couldn't quite put my finger on that made me not completely trust the independence and trustwortyness of the testing exercise... For instance, pretty much the whole range of L'Oreal products features in the top positions in the budget guide. Now, my mum uses these products and rates them highly, so I'm sure they're good, but I was a bit diffident that they should dominate in just about every category. Hmmm, I'm wonder now if L'Oreal is part of the network WS was describing...:sad:

i in the main think it smells like diorella. but its similar to christalle and a dozen other frgarnces according to other reviwers.
its a shame i would not have though that liz earle would have had to piggy bank anather fragrance and blatantly use it as her own.
it is nice though one of my faves!
Thanks Boffy. I must admit I don't really know any of the perfumes you mention, but I am now curious to try the LE fragrance. I need to stock up on C&P, so I hope to get a sample with my order...:hi:

Latest posts

Back