omg car crash telly with Kathy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hilarious! Still prefer her to some of the others - she may be cack-handed but at least she seems quite genuine. :11:

Oh dear, I clicked the link but had to stop watching- poor Kathy! I do like her, she seems very genuine, but I am increasingly amazed that she keeps her job. I can only assume that for the most part, people appreciate her 'human' touch and buy from her shows.

Oh dear, Kathy should have prepared for this demo. However, I feel very uncomfortable when comments focus on a presenter keeping their job. I wouldn't wish being made redundant on anyone. I think she must have felt awful about her performance and I am sure she will in future be better prepared. At least Kathy doesn't scream and shout at me!

Oh dear, Kathy should have prepared for this demo. However, I feel very uncomfortable when comments focus on a presenter keeping their job. I wouldn't wish being made redundant on anyone. I think she must have felt awful about her performance and I am sure she will in future be better prepared. At least Kathy doesn't scream and shout at me!

I totally agree, but, if you knew you had to demonstrate an item on live tv to millions (probably) then surely you would want to be as prepared as you could be. Why would you put yourself in that situation if you didn't need to?

I've just watched the video and it was cringe-making. She admits herself that she's not good at this type of thing so I don't understand why she hadn't prepared. Surely she should have a go before the show and be able to use the item. It just looks like she couldn't be bothered and is poor presenting.

Thanks for putting the link up. I watched it right through, and felt like giving Kathy a reassuring hug at the end. She started off sounding uncomfortable and got worse. I hope she does not lose her job through this, but she does need a warning about her preparation work. I am also surprised that QVC have kept this video on, as it would put anyone off buying the product. But I have to admit to liking Kathy as well. There are a lot worse presenters than her on Shopping channels.

I suppose we dont know what goes on behind the scenes on these things as well. It is possible that she was drafted in last minute or that the presenters only get to see whats going to be on their show a short time before. She did say she had tried watching a video but we dont know how long she was given to prepare. Kathy is one of the presenters I actually dont mind watching. She does appear hesitant in speaking at times but I feel she does actually think about what she is saying rather than going through the spiel parrot fashion. Julia is another who actually thinks about what she is saying and speaks the truth as she sees it and that makes me feel more confident when making my decision to buy.

I have seen some other presenters make gaffs just as bad but they were more adept at coving it all up with quips and jokes so got away with it.

I've just had a look at the video after reading the first few posts. Didn't really expect it to be there, but glad it was. It was truly dreadful. She didn't have a clue. I agree that it must be more difficult to present the Selection shows, but it would have been much better if she had only shown the product and some finished samples.

I wonder if they have proper staff appraisals at QVC, and whether presenters such as Kathy have to justify their continued employment. I think she's getting progressively worse at her job, and I can't fathom why they keep her on or don't at least warn her that she needs to improve.

Think we have to get this in some sort of perspective.

The product is a Hole Puncher

It punches holes, quelle surprise !!!!!!!!!

Crafters like to make out things are far more complicated than they are.

Millions of office workers up and down the country have coped with hole punchers without demos for over a hundred of years, get a grip people :32:

Had it been a hole punch and nothing else, Kathy would 'probably' have been able to use it. Actually, it does far more than merely punching holes. I haven't got this actual product, but it took me a few attempts to get the hang of the smaller version. You have to use different settings for different size brads and grommets.

I use an ordinary hole punch at work, and there is a difference!

Think we have to get this in some sort of perspective.

The product is a Hole Puncher

It punches holes, quelle surprise !!!!!!!!!

Crafters like to make out things are far more complicated than they are.

Millions of office workers up and down the country have coped with hole punchers without demos for over a hundred of years, get a grip people :32:
It isn't just a punch, it sets eyelets and gromlets. A prospective customer who watches the presenter who should have prepared but still cannot use the product is going to think it's tricky to use and possibly give it a miss.

Of course if it is just a punch then what does that say about Kathy's presenting skills if she cannot demo a simple punch?

What time does the video start im 10 mins in and still nothing ?

It no longer works, or even starts, for me. I half-watched the show and then watched the video when I spotted the link on here. Maybe they've removed it to spare the blushes? And I know I'm in the minority, but I felt sorry for her. I remember a well-practised technological demonstration going wrong for me during OFSTED, although of course I didn't have millions of people watching me.

Latest posts

Back