Old jewellery brands that used to be on QVC...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember the Tanzanite too and always regret not buying before it 'took off' and prices went mad. I remember a range of watches, Jacques Ferrell, very glitzy and I know not to everyone's taste, but the watch straps were strands of bezel set crystals in various shades, including AB, which I love. California Styke used to sell a lot of bezel set crystal chains too but in those days I was so poor I could never buy anything like that!
More recently I am very disappointed not to see Hagit Gorali whose designs and quality were lovely.

I remember when diamonique launched and rings used to sell out almost instantly. Also remember when they sold lots if fond chains and used to gimmick the price per gram and say how good their prices were 'compared with the high street'.

jewellery is my "thing" from costume right the way up to high end -love it all.

I have bought tons from Q but am now bored with the current offerings-- there is only so much eek one can take.

miss all the quartz and unusual stones we used to get. I also used to take leave to watch jewellery shows.

I got few pieces from Barbara East on which I liked but the reviews weren't good but notice a lot of pieces in web firsts-wonder if she is coming back?

loved Harigt (sp?) whose designs were similar to Kimberly Selwood who I also like

Tasco is about the only one I still. look forward to. like Ralfie too (duck tomatoes!) but the last few expensive ones I bought went to clearance very very quickly which took the shine off a bit.

I bought a small Pre-Zerve box for my Honora pieces - not easy to clean the pearl/silver combo - and it worked a treat. However, the second slightly bigger one that houses other silver bits hasn't been quite as effective on everything.

Sorry, not really "old brands" and I've probably said this before but I miss the reasonably priced gold Diamonique - I've got one ring and a very convincing pair of stud earrings but always hoped to add to them. Sadly, they're out of my league now.

Pearls and silver are hell to clean - and it's stupid to put them together that's why I only now buy from this fab jeweller who does fab pearls and very low production so not seen on others! she makes a big thing of putting argentium silver between the pearls which is non tarnish or very low tarnish silver - fabulous! look up Kyrene Designs - and she gives you a grip seal bag to store it in so you keep the tarnish down as well that way

I think they sold MINT fashion jewellery for a while, used to be able to buy it in some department stores...

yes, I have some of that and it is nice, Whatever happened to them have not even seen them in the department shops either. Who was the guest for that?

Remember Monica from the States who had her gold plating and silver cleaning kits, not seen her for ages.
There was also the posh jeweller who used to flog the sonic jewellery cleaning machines. He'd put in rings to be cleaned that cost thousands. Can't remember his name though.

Just call me Mezmo!

Now if only I could use my powers for good instead of trivia!

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back