OK Fess Up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

YORKO

Registered Shopper
Are any of you forumites actually buying anything today from the reasonable priced selection of gems on offer :cash:

I haven't even switched on the TV today.
I took the venetian blinds down in the study this morning :eek: - big mistake.
I've been like Mrs Scrubbit all day, just popping in here when it's tea break.
I'm cream crackered!
Might play back some of the videos later

Nope. Don't actually think I'd want anything I've seen so far - the rings etc. are all very :dull: & the ginormous gobstopper pearl necklaces are really rather :puke: IMHO.....& I love natural round pearls generally!

Special Edition Luxury Gems 3pm
"Out of some peoples price range including mine on some of these pieces I can assure you", says Julia Roberts.

Special Edition Luxury Gems 3pm
"Out of some peoples price range including mine on some of these pieces I can assure you", says Julia Roberts.

You can tell shes feeling the pinch, shes only wearing half a top:giggle:

I'm on holiday in the Cotswolds this week and can't get QVC for some reason.The tv has a digital tuner and we can get C&C but not QVC.
Can honestly say I haven't missed it!

I'm on holiday in the Cotswolds this week and can't get QVC for some reason.The tv has a digital tuner and we can get C&C but not QVC.
Can honestly say I haven't missed it!

Youre certainly not missing much today

We are saving a lovely gold gob stopper item, just for you for when you get home from your hols Judith.
It comes with recommendation as being suitable as mother of the bride piece, if your shelling out for a wedding in May.

Do you think they'll break in with a newsflash when the gobstopper pearl necklace is sold? I thought it looked very Wilma Flintstone.

I bought 603571 ... it's a turquoise pendant made up of little discs of turquoise and little discs of silver on a chain. It's like a tassel. It's on an 18 inch chain but I'll wear it on a longer chain. It's really lovely. Was tempted by the bracelet that's now on ... 605949.

Neither was extortinate. But I do love turquoise and I don't have very much at all.

Not me - and I find it hard to believe that in these recessionary times many QVC customers are really going to be forking out for the "considered purchases" that are on offer today. Just lately the overpriced stuff seems to appear in the clearance section within a couple of months.

I absolutely adore jewellery - and it's what made me join in the beginning - but I'd rather see fewer of these Gem Days in favour of more reasonably priced shows back in regular programme slots.

I like the Affinity range. Couple of pieces that I thought were actually around the correct price. BTW Julia Roberts is looking really good - she can wear one shoulder dresses unlike that JF muppet. Julia's hair is looking well styled. She suits a more sophisticated style rather than her usual attempts to look like a teenager.

Last edited:
I bought 603571 ... it's a turquoise pendant made up of little discs of turquoise and little discs of silver on a chain. It's like a tassel. It's on an 18 inch chain but I'll wear it on a longer chain. It's really lovely. Was tempted by the bracelet that's now on ... 605949.

Neither was extortinate. But I do love turquoise and I don't have very much at all.

603571 caught my eye as well. It looks really lovely. I hope you enjoy it.

had a quick look when taking a break from cleaning and yes, I thought Julia looked great in that outfit, colour and style really suited her, but the stuff she was flogging and the prices!!!!! what is the reasoning behind selling stuff that costs more than many people's monthly take home pay when there is a recession on? Were I to have the resources to spend thousands on gems I would not buy them from a shopping channel. I would want the whole shopping experience of going to an exclusive shop, trying things on and being able to take my purchase home there and then. I just don't get it. Did any of it sell out. I only had a 15 minute sit down before changing the beddding

If they only sold one or two items throughout the show, that would probably make up the budget they aim for during a normal priced show.

If anyone can afford to pay the sort of money being asked for this jewellery, then what are they doing watching QVC ????? I mean, if they have £26 grand in spare cash to buy a necklace and have to resort to buying it from a shopping channel, WELL ! if it becomes a regular occurence then perhaps my diamoneeek faux tanzanite will really be thought as as the real McCoy !!!!

AND I dont consider a couple of hundred quid off the TSV to be THAT much of a saving either !

Latest posts

Back