Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Aveda

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • Other (please state on thread)

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi all

Really interested to read all your comments about different shampoos. I realise that this thread is probably about to close but just thought I'd add a few of my own.

I have been using Ojon for a while now. I like the Shine and Protect and the Tanawa (choccy) best. I have just bought Tunu shampoo and conditioner (off ebay) but haven't used it yet. Am using the Tunu tamer as a mousse which is brillliant (expecially when combined with the serum - a tip I learned from one of the reviewers). Was looking at Aveda a few weeks ago but am beginning to worry about the money I'm spending on my hair these days!

Tried a sample of the L'Occitane (the new 5 essential oils one) yesterday - it seemed quite good except I only had the past, shampoo and conditioner - no serum or anything). I think I'm becoming obsessed with products. Bought the Urban Retreat collection (Afrodisiac) last month but it doesn't do anything for my hair. I don't have Afro hair but it said it was good for coarse and curly hair which I certainly have. Think I'll have to give it away.

Have tried PK in the past but wasn't fussed.

Think my vote will have to go to Ojon!

Sorry about this ramble but as I said - I'm becoming totally obsessed. Maybe I should just revert to the top selling High St brand!!!

Hi All
Thanks for your comments etc ...
Still undecided - but probably heading towards Ojon or should I try Aveda or PK or Keretase. I'm soooo confused.
I hate buying shampoo don't know why must be me!!
Mollymoo
:33:

But when I explained how the cheap ones are rubbish and that they cost more ml for ml - he was totally won over.

That's not strictly true.
Aussie stuff is wonderful, and wow the smell of Smooth Mate is to die for. After using it my hair smells of peaches for several hours (or until I have a cigarette) and everyone I know loves it.
It makes my hair really soft and smooth. And believe me, I've tried pretty much every high street brand.
You can get Aussie stuff 2 for £6 in plenty of shops. I have to wash my hair ever other day and a shampoo will last 3 months? A conditioner will last 1/5 or 2.

Remember, your hair is actually dead, so all these vitamins and things don't do anything at all to 99% of your hair. They might nourish the roots but normal shampoos should be just fine on most people's hair. You don't need to spend huge amounts of money on shampoo and conditioners simply because we are told 'expensive is the best'.

I use Aveda Shampure shampoo (have for years). I also using Aveda's Leave-in Conditioner. Unfortunately, they have discontinued this item now and I'm down to my last bottle, not sure what conditioner to use once I've finished it though !!

I voted for Aveda - tried PK flaky itchy scalp after a few reommendations but it didn't work. Found a local salon selling Aveda and bought scalp benefits and it worked and the itch on my scalp was gone, I have now started using Shampure and colour conserve and absolutely love them

I have a litre bottle of Blue Malva on the go which always gives super results. I've also had good results from the sap moss shampoo and conditioner. I have very fine, coloured hair which can go a little dry and Ojon hydrating shampoo and conditioner was also good. The smell reminded me of Revlon's "Flex" in the 1970s! I do tend to try everything that appears as a TSV. I've got bottles of MOP on the go and have also tried PK's elasticizer which was good but a little time consuming. I'm interested in Marzy's suggestion of Kerastase Age Recharge which might be worth a try next!

It has to be Ojon for me.
I started with the thickening products then moved onto the hydrating shampoo and conditioner and the difference in my hair is fantastic. ...I even have hair growing in a bald patch where I never had hair before,(I think its called a widows peak )
Fantastic stuff!

Aveda Shampure for me - 1 bottle (litre size) lasts for nearly a year. Use it on the dog as well.!!

i love Aveda shampure and use the litre size which as already stated by others lasts about a year. i used to love curressence deep protein conditioner but they dont make that anymore either! :63:

My husband is not a 'brand ' shopper and usually it is the cheapest of anything he will choose but he will not use anything other than Aveda Clove shampoo. I use lots of different aveda shampoos and was sad to be told that one of my favourites- Sap Moss- is disappearing soon. I have tried Ojon, PJ and MOP because of what people have said on this site but I always go back to Aveda.

Another vote for Aveda Shampure. I have just received a litre from lookfantastic.com that was just over £22. The whole family will use this for months and months. Love the conditioner as well. Ojon makes my head itchy and I get white flakey bits - not an attractive look :11:

I like Aveda Shampure - it's especially good for travel since it will lather very richly even in hard water areas.

I also love Kerastase - the green bottles - which I think are for weak hair. They do the best hair masques bar none.

A recent discovery has been the Bumble and Bumble shampoos - these used to be decidedly average, but they have some newer ranges, and the 'Coco' range and thickening conditioner are great.

I don't rate MOP or Philip Kingsley shampoos much - however the PK Maximiser is one of the best stying products for fine hair I have ever used.

Latest posts

Back