Oh! No! Not Jill again!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just been watching her on the 2pm craft show and she was fine - having a laugh and enjoying herself. Mind you I'm biased as I do like Jill - she's not got a great presenting style but there are much worse presenters on there IMO.

Linda xx

Last edited:
I always wonder how they "sort out" who will do what hours and days/time slots over christmas.

I remember years yonks ago when CH was new and the boxing day sale started at 8am live and she said then about being new and it being a part of the initiation was to do all the christmas hours nobody else wanted.....I've always wondered if thats true.....

I've always thought the presenters were self employed - so really they could give themselves the hours they wanted - or does QVC have a say - they must do?? or else no one would ant to work the boxing day hours/new years day etc.... Or do they rota them to think well if for example JF wants NYE off,she must work so and so...

Or is it as in my DH's company that you simply have to work the shift you're rotated to be on?

Well, JR is now 'off air' until the 5th January, so no doubt she is spending the new year at her fantabulous spanish villa with its infinity pool, and will return the colour of cork and just as crinkly. Therefore I would imagine its llike working at any other company, whether self employed or not - having to put their holiday 'wants' down 12 months in advance so that rotas can be worked out.

If memory serves me right, its generally January that JF gives us all a well earned break from her bony shoulders, and disappears off to the US for her rest. (?)

On a craft show yesterday pm JF implied she wouldn't be on air again until the New Year. I'm hoping she meant 2015

Well, JR is now 'off air' until the 5th January, so no doubt she is spending the new year at her fantabulous spanish villa with its infinity pool, and will return the colour of cork and just as crinkly. Therefore I would imagine its llike working at any other company, whether self employed or not - having to put their holiday 'wants' down 12 months in advance so that rotas can be worked out.

If memory serves me right, its generally January that JF gives us all a well earned break from her bony shoulders, and disappears off to the US for her rest. (?)

Yep that is exactly where she is!!!

I think one of the presenters said that they work either Christmas or New Year. However I would imagine there is some kind of pecking order and the newbies might draw the short straw e.g. Carmel has 9am on New Year's Day.

I think one of the presenters said that they work either Christmas or New Year. However I would imagine there is some kind of pecking order and the newbies might draw the short straw e.g. Carmel has 9am on New Year's Day.

I shan't be watching then.

Latest posts

Back