Oasis tickets!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I absolutely HATE Oasis so there was never any chance of my clamouring to get tickets but then again I would never pay out for any concert taking place in a Stadium or huge venue such as the O2, for me it's as much about the overall experience than it is the money. The prices are crazy of course and that's a big turn off for me to start with but what are you gonna get apart from an uncomfortable seat to see a little dot/dots on the stage and of course there's all the queues the overpriced food and drinks in these venues. Take me back to the 70's and 80's when bands who were up and coming as well as established played smaller venues all over the country. I've seen loads of bands whilst they were in their heyday and had the opportunity to see plenty more had I wished to. It's rare nowadays to find a pop/rock concert in a local venue unless they've not had a hit in decades, whilst this doesn't affect me it's the youngsters I feel sorry for who are priced out of the market, parents probably wouldn't not allow their offspring to go to these massive venues in the big cities! I have to admit though I did have a pang of jealousy when my mate was gifted a ticket to go and see Billy Joel in Cardiff last month with her sister and I kinda get it as a band or Artist from the USA is not gonna do places like the Brighton Centre or the Brighton dome - but anyway I don't think I'd go and see Oasis if they were appearing in my backyard (if I had one lol!).

I absolutely HATE Oasis so there was never any chance of my clamouring to get tickets but then again I would never pay out for any concert taking place in a Stadium or huge venue such as the O2, for me it's as much about the overall experience than it is the money. The prices are crazy of course and that's a big turn off for me to start with but what are you gonna get apart from an uncomfortable seat to see a little dot/dots on the stage and of course there's all the queues the overpriced food and drinks in these venues. Take me back to the 70's and 80's when bands who were up and coming as well as established played smaller venues all over the country. I've seen loads of bands whilst they were in their heyday and had the opportunity to see plenty more had I wished to. It's rare nowadays to find a pop/rock concert in a local venue unless they've not had a hit in decades, whilst this doesn't affect me it's the youngsters I feel sorry for who are priced out of the market, parents probably wouldn't not allow their offspring to go to these massive venues in the big cities! I have to admit though I did have a pang of jealousy when my mate was gifted a ticket to go and see Billy Joel in Cardiff last month with her sister and I kinda get it as a band or Artist from the USA is not gonna do places like the Brighton Centre or the Brighton dome - but anyway I don't think I'd go and see Oasis if they were appearing in my backyard (if I had one lol!).
I saw Geogie Fame and his band in a London pub, jast as he was bacoming well known.

I saw Geogie Fame and his band in a London pub, jast as he was bacoming well known.
Were his band the Blue Flames when you saw him? My brother passed on some of his Georgie Fame records to me when I'd barely heard of the man, but I loved his music and his voice! Still listen to them.

On the subject of Oasis: has one of them (don't know which one) been surgically removed from his overcoat yet? Someone else can definitely have my ticket.;)

The whole Britpop scene left me cold if I'm honest. I've got a pretty varied taste in music but my heart is really in the 1970's especially the disco era. I went through a mod patch in my mid teens so I developed a love for 1960's music and bands like the Jam and the Who but there's so much else I like - Abba, Queen, The Eagles and so many more I just haven't got time to list them, but tbh my taste has never been that "edgy" so the punk movement didn't really do much for me but there's nothing really I'd want to bother buying an expensive stadium ticket for. I've even seen Elton John at the Brighton Dome and my friend and I were bopping right in front of the stage - what happy days! I went to the O2 just the once when there was a works outing to see the dancing on ice tour, we were way up in the gods and yes we could see the stage ok and it was quite entertaining but the biggest memory was one of my workmates being charged £7 for this minuscule tub of ice cream and for that she had to queue up for ages. Things are definitely not better these days - concert tours are restricted to huge venues in major cities so unless you're prepared to shell out a blinking fortune as well as having to pay for travel and possibly accommodation on top of the ticket price, you don't stand a chance of being able to see your favourite band or artiste and as I said the venues are so huge chances are you're gonna be looking at a dot on the stage - stuff that!

The Brighton Dome is one of my favourite venues! You can move about at the back, go out to the loo and the bar and it’s very central. Lovely venue.

Were his band the Blue Flames when you saw him? My brother passed on some of his Georgie Fame records to me when I'd barely heard of the man, but I loved his music and his voice! Still listen to them.

On the subject of Oasis: has one of them (don't know which one) been surgically removed from his overcoat yet? Someone else can definitely have my ticket.;)
Yes, it was the Blueflames, but I was too lazy to type it out ;)

I don't do concerts that much, (or anything theatrical). I have done, but some of the places I've been. One, a local theatre where it was very intimate. You were virtually sitting on the stage. That was Joseph. Then there was seeing Harry Connick Jr in The Albert Hall, with Russ Abbott a sneeze behind me. And then there was the one I went to in Lyon (my first, but not last foray to that place ;) But I digress). If I were any further back I'd have been sitting on the roof, or at the least peering through the window whilst hanging from the roof :p But seriously, ALL of those, and others, not mentioned, I have enjoyed. And Oasis. I like them, to a degree, but buggered if I'd go to one of their concerts.

I watched Elvis Costello in a concert on TV recently when he was middle aged with an orchestral backing, and thought it was boring. And no-one could say he's got a good voice!

Last edited:
I watched Elvis Costello in a concert on TV recently when he was middle aged with an orchestral backing, and thought it wa boring. And no-one coulld say he's got a good voice!
I don't mind him. Not 'go to concert' worthy, but I've heard worse. I can think of two HUGE names that I cannot take to, regardless of their fame. I like the Beach Boys. But (and this is showing how long ago it was), I listened to an album of theirs on cassette. Talk about same same same. I got bored of them. I still listen to them, but singley, not albumy :p The songs virtually ran into one another. And the other is Tony Bennett. Same time period. I kept wanting to 'wind him up', he was soooooo slow. I can probably count on one finger the song I like of his ;)

I don't mind him. Not 'go to concert' worthy, but I've heard worse. I can think of two HUGE names that I cannot take to, regardless of their fame. I like the Beach Boys. But (and this is showing how long ago it was), I listened to an album of theirs on cassette. Talk about same same same. I got bored of them. I still listen to them, but singley, not albumy :p The songs virtually ran into one another. And the other is Tony Bennett. Same time period. I kept wanting to 'wind him up', he was soooooo slow. I can probably count on one finger the song I like of his ;)
I've never liked TB.

I am an avid Buddy Holly fan and I think I have everything he ever recorded, including studio chat, rehearsals, outakes, alternative versions, versions before the vocal backing was put on, undubbed versions of the demos he recorded at home, and even when he was about 10 and his voice had not broken!

I also have numerous books about him, including one written by Peggy Sue. I used to be on various websites, but I think they've all fizzled out now as their owners have died off.

The play BUDDY started in Plymouth so I was one of the first people to see it, and have seen it sevaral times.

I am an avid Buddy Holly fan and I think I have everything he ever recorded, including studio chat, rehearsals, outakes, alternative versions, versions before the vocal backing was put on, undubbed versions of the demos he recorded at home, and even when he was about 10 and his voice had not broken!

I also have numerous books about him, including one written by Peggy Sue. I used to be on various websites, but I think they've all fizzled out now as their owners have died off.

The play BUDDY started in Plymouth so I was one of the first people to see it, and have seen it sevaral times.
I find this TV programme (film) very poignant, and set in 1959.

Written by Philip Norman, one of Buddy's biographers and a fan.

I watch it from time to time, very good acting. Set in and around Cromer and the pier in the UK, and in the US during Buddy's last tour. It alternates between the two.

If that's the one that ended up in the West End, where the real audience was part of the stage audience, I saw that too. If not, I still saw it ;)

I have to admit though I did have a pang of jealousy when my mate was gifted a ticket to go and see Billy Joel in Cardiff last month with her sister and I kinda get it as a band or Artist from the USA is not gonna do places like the Brighton Centre or the Brighton dome - but anyway I don't think I'd go and see Oasis if they were appearing in my backyard (if I had one lol!).
I love Billy Joel’s music, but didn’t think I’d ever get to see him live. Then in 2016 he came over and did one show at Old Trafford and Mr MA very kindly stumped up for tickets even though it wasn’t really his type of music (he’s more into stuff like The The, Joy Division, Depeche Mode). It was such a good evening and Mr MA obviously enjoyed it as well, ‘cos when Mr Joel kindly returned to these shores to play Wembley the following year, he stumped up again.
After the show, on the tube back to the hotel, everyone was singing the songs that hadn’t been included in the set, it was wonderful.
Didn’t go to the Cardiff one as was a Friday added to which, I’d enjoyed the other shows so much and I was concerned that he may have gone “off the boil a bit”, being another few years older. Judging by the reviews I needn’t have worried.
We’ve been lucky in recent years in seeing some great shows; Queen with Adam Lambert, Robbie Williams, The Stranglers and never paid 3 figures to see any of them.

I love Billy Joel’s music, but didn’t think I’d ever get to see him live. Then in 2016 he came over and did one show at Old Trafford and Mr MA very kindly stumped up for tickets even though it wasn’t really his type of music (he’s more into stuff like The The, Joy Division, Depeche Mode). It was such a good evening and Mr MA obviously enjoyed it as well, ‘cos when Mr Joel kindly returned to these shores to play Wembley the following year, he stumped up again.
After the show, on the tube back to the hotel, everyone was singing the songs that hadn’t been included in the set, it was wonderful.
Didn’t go to the Cardiff one as was a Friday added to which, I’d enjoyed the other shows so much and I was concerned that he may have gone “off the boil a bit”, being another few years older. Judging by the reviews I needn’t have worried.
We’ve been lucky in recent years in seeing some great shows; Queen with Adam Lambert, Robbie Williams, The Stranglers and never paid 3 figures to see any of them.
The Stranglers! Now you’re talking 😍

Latest posts

Back