NV Perricone TSV 7/1/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I may well have been suckered into trying this if it wasn't for the fact I'm loving my Gatineau atm ~ Thank goodness for the botoxed to the hilt guest who brought me to my senses. They really should check that their sales peeps look the part before trying to get us to part with our dosh. There's a definite Wildenstein look happening there and it's not attractive!

I think this is the sign of things to come regarding P&P as I have just looked at the Xmas L'occitane tsv from Oct 10 and the P&P price is £6.08.

I think this is the sign of things to come regarding P&P as I have just looked at the Xmas L'occitane tsv from Oct 10 and the P&P price is £6.08.

QVC have obviously added the increase in VAT to the P&P!

If these creams and potions did what they claim, they would be even more expensive and cosmetic surgeons would be out of business. I don't see that happening anytime soon, do you? If a cream could alter the skin in such a dramatic way, it would be licensed as a drug and the regulations surrounding it would be much stricter. Perricone is laughing all the way to the bank, and to the aesthetician's office, where he has his botox, and to the fishmonger's, where he gets his 6 salmon fillets for the day...

I though you were meant to use a toner after cleansing and exposing your skin to water. Is this another rule that only applies when it fits in with the product they are trying to sell?

Delivery charges follow the VAT liability of the goods - so if the goods are subject to VAT, then the delivery charge will be to. :wave:

Just caught the end of the 6 pm hour with haystack head and its sold out - on advanced orders only. Surprised. My OH just things we women are just really gullible. This time I wasn't - will stick to Gat and Decleor.

Just caught the end of the 6 pm hour with haystack head and its sold out - on advanced orders only. Surprised. My OH just things we women are just really gullible. This time I wasn't - will stick to Gat and Decleor.

Oh yes, we women will pay any amount of money if we think this is the product that will work. I agree with Fredab, Decleor particularly is so lovely to use and it's worth the money to experience the smells alone, even if it doesn't promise to erase all those lines. I love Gat futur plus eye cream and wouldn't put anything else near my eyes. I'm afraid Dr Nicholas P isn't getting any of my money. I was taken in by the sales pitch for Anne Semonin a couple of years ago and spent a small fortune on some stuff promising miracles which of course didn't live up to any of it so it went straight back to the Q.

Just caught the end of the 6 pm hour with haystack head and its sold out - on advanced orders only. Surprised. My OH just things we women are just really gullible. This time I wasn't - will stick to Gat and Decleor.[/QUOTE:giggle:

Haystack head :giggle:

I didn't want to say yesterday, but I had an idea it would be over £100 on TSV price. His TSVs in the US are very expensive even in dollars.

He has the whole skincare thing, but you also have to follow his anti aging diet to get the full effects it seems. So all the celebs they mention using his range get one on one and do the high fish oil diet too. Salmon, you have to eat alot of salmon it seems.

Know what? I think this is QVC UK starting the big price rise in all beauty brand TSVs, the Gatineau's, Elemis' and Decleor ones will now go well past the £60-70 mark too.

You're right Donna. I went to a trade show back in 2000 when he first launched his range in the UK and bought his first book 'The Wrinkle Cure' and managed to get a few samples too. I do have many of his other books as his philosophy is very much like mine in that skin care is not just about the products you put on your skin but also about diet and lifestyle.

Everything he mentions regarding diet is spot on if you really want great skin.
It's only anti-ageing in a sense that you are eating foods high in antioxidants, plenty of oily fish, fruit and veg, all the things we know we should eat. A bonus is that it is a good diet to follow for losing weight too. He also talks about exercise and supplements.

On the launch at midnight poor old Karra hardly got a word in while AY rambled on about private jets, secret back doors (again!), private appointments, celebrity clients this and that. Very frustrating when I wanted to hear about the products!

:sun:

I though you were meant to use a toner after cleansing and exposing your skin to water. Is this another rule that only applies when it fits in with the product they are trying to sell?

There are toners in his range but QVC don't stock them. I would have thought they would have included one in this kit to make it complete but then that would have bumped up the price even more!

for a supposed anti ageing range no sunscreen in any products. Isn;t that basic anti ageing care......

The No Foundation Foundation contains SPF30.

His range does include a SPF30 moisturiser and SPF15 Tinted moisturisers but QVC do not stock them.....yet :wonder:

The sunscreens are also non chemical. :happy:

You have to wonder if AY REALLY believes we are impressed by hearing about secret back door appointments, private jets etc?! i mean, it's a world so far removed from most people who watch QVC (ie normal people!) that you can't relate to it so surely it should alienate customers instead of impressing them? Plus personally i don't give a monkeys what celebrities use what, I don't care what celebrity clients a brand has, I only care if it'll work on ME!!

It's a very old fashioned sales pitch in my humble opinion but then that's AY to a T...

Tx

A bit off topic but heres an article from todays mail on sunday

Love some of the comments at the bottom

I did take the advice offered here about exfoliates, went against my principles and ordered the twin Gatineau Gommage – how much!! :eek:

After doing some research I realised the QVC offer was a good and despite £31 (some of you might want to sit down) being approximately a third of my annual expenditure on beauty products I ordered it. I have to confess that it is really good and I can feel and see a difference to my skin, and as I will only use it once a week it should last a fair time

Can't get my head round the price of some products or the hype, but if they work for some then fair do's

You have to wonder if AY REALLY believes we are impressed by hearing about secret back door appointments, private jets etc?! i mean, it's a world so far removed from most people who watch QVC (ie normal people!) that you can't relate to it so surely it should alienate customers instead of impressing them? Plus personally i don't give a monkeys what celebrities use what, I don't care what celebrity clients a brand has, I only care if it'll work on ME!!

It's a very old fashioned sales pitch in my humble opinion but then that's AY to a T...

Tx

Very true. I find the beauty shows most irritating now as they mainly consist of all this. I am certainly not impressed with anything a celebrity uses and as we have seen the past they are often paid to say they use it only to pop up again in a few months swearing they use another product/brand!

I remember the days when AY gave advice about skincare to suit you the QVC buying public.

Then somewhere in the 00s she turned into, celeb, celeb, celeb. Think it was when she became a WAG. Who used what, Cheryl, Madonna etc etc etc. Who gives a flying monkeys. AY does not work for OK,Hello or Heat, QVC is not a gossip magazine but a place to buy products we might like. Just because Cheryl, Jennifer or whoever wears a brand means nothing to us. It should be about what is best for our skin. AY has her head so far up her own backside these days she is just like a character from say Little Britain. David Walliams is AY the beauty guru who has no interest in the people she is selling to. Head stuck in her copy of Hello/OK and the latest celeb gossip.

Latest posts

Back