Nutri Ninja Blender with Auto IQ TSV 19/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Roughies, tee hee! I wonder what the next fad might be. Perhaps roughies with all the peel and pips to be cut out first, and then the fruit eaten whole. Real fruit! They need to find a way to charge a fortune for it. Real fruit, as available from a greengrocer near you., presented by Charlie stuffing a whole melon in his mouth in one bite. Easy pay and 30 day mbg accounting for QVC's thousand percent mark-up, and £9.95 p&p.

It's like that Kuhn Rikon pully thing that chops, they say you won't get your hands smelling of onions or garlic.......erm how is that the case when you have to peel and chop the said onion and peel garlic to get them in the pully (technical term) thing in the first place?! As far as fads go, that's right up there :mysmilie_15: they had that in Bid Tv for £12 inc p&p QVC £30, yep they do know how to mark up over there at QVC.

I'm not into smoothies etc so it doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather eat my veg and fruit the conventional way and more filling, too.

As it uses the whole fruit, I don't see why it would be more filling.

HINT TO SMOOTHIE MAKERS - - - One of my regular ingredients is a banana.

After some research, I've found that the SKINS are not only edible, but are full of "goodness" too, including more fibre than the actual banana.

So for a few weeks, I've been using the skins. I make sure I thoroughly WASH the skin, them chop the whole banana into slices (except for the very ends) and it is delicious in a smoothie, thickens it up.

I wouldn't recommend actually eating the skins, although some cultures do.

It's like that Kuhn Rikon pully thing that chops, they say you won't get your hands smelling of onions or garlic.......erm how is that the case when you have to peel and chop the said onion and peel garlic to get them in the pully (technical term) thing in the first place?! As far as fads go, that's right up there :mysmilie_15: they had that in Bid Tv for £12 inc p&p QVC £30, yep they do know how to mark up over there at QVC.

I was suckered into buying the pully thing.

It doesn't hold much, and food gets onto the underside of the pull mechanism, which cannot be immersed in water, so it is very difficult to clean properly as you are only supposed to use a damp cloth.

I've used it about twice in 6 months.

But their 5 in 1 tin opener is good.

As it uses the whole fruit, I don't see why it would be more filling.

HINT TO SMOOTHIE MAKERS - - - One of my regular ingredients is a banana.

After some research, I've found that the SKINS are not only edible, but are full of "goodness" too, including more fibre than the actual banana.

So for a few weeks, I've been using the skins. I make sure I thoroughly WASH the skin, them chop the whole banana into slices (except for the very ends) and it is delicious in a smoothie, thickens it up.

I wouldn't recommend actually eating the skins, although some cultures do.

You will have very clean insides, Stratobuddy. Do you remember years ago that all purpose cleanser made of banana skin oil? It cleaned everything.

I feel the same about my Ninja, having spent £50 on it. You have to chop up the onion etc into big pieces before inserting them into Ninja to be cut into smaller pieces. As you already have the knife and chopping board out, and smelly onion hands, why not make a few more cuts with the knife, and avoid having to get out, plug in, and then clean the blades of, the Ninja?

After loads of problems trying to order online (they are aware of them) I took the advice of someone above and ordered it as a gift, so I have 3 months to try it out. It will be a gift to my family (as they say) so this date will be valid, even though there's only me.

After loads of problems trying to order online (they are aware of them) I took the advice of someone above and ordered it as a gift, so I have 3 months to try it out. It will be a gift to my family (as they say) so this date will be valid, even though there's only me.

Feel free to make use of your mythical Aunty in other situations. She has got me out of many a tight corner.

I got 'sucked' in years ago with all the juicing fad. Bought a Jack Lelani (whatever) machine and spent all day cleaning it after use. ALSO it cost me a small fortune in fruit just to get a glass full of juice, so that went into the garage.

Then bought a Bullit when it was first marketed a few years ago, again I got mesmerised by all the demos, with the sauces, and the dips, and the drinks, and the mousses that could be made. Used it twice and again into the garage.

Now its smoothies. I'm done ! Its cheaper to buy a carton from Waitrose and stick in the fridge, rather than give the fridge house room for all the ingredients needed for one glass full !!!! Sarah G drinking from that plastic mug to demonstrate 'on the go drinking' was not something I would want to emulate; (not a big fan of seeing Joe public walk about with beakers or food whilst 'on the go')

I wanna live in Brissles garage! :mysmilie_17:

This is the way I convinced myself.

The £82 for the new one is £40 cheaper than anywhere else I've found, PLUS you get an extra 2 cups supposedly worth another £40. I don't understand why the QVC price is £100 as it is £120 everywhere else.

So the price of £82 is very good value, and I don't mind paying this.

What I am actually potentially losing is not the £82 but the £60 I paid for the previous one.

I will also end up with lots of spare cups, 2 sets of blades so I'll have a spare if the other one goes faulty. I'll even have a spare motor, assuming I don't give it to my aunty !

And I have used the other one every day since I had it in July. Before this, I hardly ate any fruit or veg.

Changing the subject, they keep saying "If you pay the extra for next day delivery, you will have it by Wednesday". Surely that should be Tuesday, or don't they even post it until then?

I noticed that Morissons are doing the Nutribullet for £77.00. That's the cheapest l have seen it anyway!

image.jpg.STOP PRESS

I could not find this any cheaper elsewhere when I searched earlier.

Now I've just found exactly the same deal as Q with the two extra cups and FREE PP for a price of £64-99, a saving of almost £26.

The firm is WIGIG, hope it is OK, but paid by credit card so should be protected if anything goes wrong.

Needless to say, Q said it was too late to cancel as it had "gone to the warehouse" but I could refuse delivery and would then get a full refund inc PP.

It is coming by Hermes so I will have to leave a note not to leave it anywhere, with their reputation for throwing things over fences.

I wanna live in Brissles garage! :mysmilie_17:

LOL !! Oh, you'd have a field day. There's the never ending watering can with hose connector to the tap (waste of time); the Kirkland plastic drinks fountain (never saw the light of day); the rotating cupcake stand holder (now used as a stand at craft fairs): an ornamental garden Buddha on light timer (gift for friend who is 'done' with Buddhism); a Lori Greiner weekend bag on wheels that's too big as cabin luggage ;

still wanna live in my garage ?????

I was suckered into buying the pully thing.

It doesn't hold much, and food gets onto the underside of the pull mechanism, which cannot be immersed in water, so it is very difficult to clean properly as you are only supposed to use a damp cloth.

I've used it about twice in 6 months.

But their 5 in 1 tin opener is good.

I did try to warn people on here about this ;)
I got my green kuhn rikon pully thing on Ebay new but for around £6 inc pandp (and v smug I felt too!)
It's not as big as the current qvc one but otherwise identical.
As you say you have to cut items into pieces to get them in there but the true bugbear is as you describe - cleaning lid!! You can't submerge or wash the thing which has just had pulverised garlic, onion, chilly or any other stinky herb in it?! That's kerazzzy ;)

Has anyone else refused a QVC delivery?

Did you get all your money back, inc PP?

It's a risky business but if that's what they've advised and it goes missing don't worry about it, saying that, I have refused delivery in the past but had to make sure I was in, my courier had the habit of signing for me and shoving it in the bin if I wasn't in, but yes all told refusing delivery worked out ok, if there's no signature then you haven't recieved/accepted it. You'll only get your p&p back if it arrived broken or wrong item because they say even though you refused, they still delivered it.

View attachment 10961.STOP PRESS

I could not find this any cheaper elsewhere when I searched earlier.

Now I've just found exactly the same deal as Q with the two extra cups and FREE PP for a price of £64-99, a saving of almost £26.

The firm is WIGIG, hope it is OK, but paid by credit card so should be protected if anything goes wrong.

Needless to say, Q said it was too late to cancel as it had "gone to the warehouse" but I could refuse delivery and would then get a full refund inc PP.

It is coming by Hermes so I will have to leave a note not to leave it anywhere, with their reputation for throwing things over fences.

Well done Strato,let us know how you get on with it.

I am slightly worried about this company, and my credit card won't help as it's under £100.

You can check them out on wigigs.co.uk

It stands for When It's Gone It's Gone.

The price just seems too good to be true, it's even cheaper than my previous TSV Ninja.

Latest posts

Back