Now I feel ancient!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nicky-j

Registered Shopper
Just watching the start of the fabulous at 40 and beyond show and am intrigued and confused by the choice of music they are using while previewing the products - it sounds like some sort of lift music, or the type of thing they used to play at the pictures before the Pearl and Dean adds while the safety curtain was down! I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to identify with it, but it's making me feel horribly old (and I only just scrape in for the demographic for the show!). I assume this is precisely the opposite of what the show is supposed to do!?

i should think it's just library music but I take your point. 40 is the new 30 and 50 the new 40 so we're not all permed hair and slippers yet!!

i should think it's just library music but I take your point. 40 is the new 30 and 50 the new 40 so we're not all permed hair and slippers yet!!

Quite right! I don't even own a pair of slippers! I'd've thought with all this 70s/80 retro stuff around they might have taken a leaf out of Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes and at least got something that sounded like it had a bit of life in it!

Also what is all this stuff about over 40 and over 50? People are active well into what used to be their dotage and man living well into their century - if you apply those 'rules' of age these days people will be spending the last 65 years of their lives being 'mature' and only the first 35 being young and useful!

Latest posts

Back