Not More Flaaars!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

speckledhen

Registered Shopper
After sending back 2 orders of Peony flaaaaars because they weren't remotely realistic, I am a tad disappointed to see another tsv from them on Monday. After receiving and loving 1 Bethlehem Lights order, I would rather have another tsv from them - there is no comparison!

The only thing I liked about the flaaaaaaaaaars I got was the rose spray that came with them. Would hav returned them but they got knocked off a table and smashed. Might try the others you mentioned when I see them.

well I like 'em! Took delivery of my second order from them yesterday, and am well pleased. The first was an OTO small vase of freesia, which is intended as part of my kid sister's 60th at the end of the month - I was so pleased with that I ordered a vase of peonies for myself, and I love them too!

need some flarrs for daughters wedding to dress the small tables will check out my usual bloom. their flarrs are really lovely. suprised they are not on qvc to be honset!

need some flarrs for daughters wedding to dress the small tables will check out my usual bloom. their flarrs are really lovely. suprised they are not on qvc to be honset!

ha ha...perhaps they don't want to demean themselves Boffy!

I've seen others, and bought others...the fancy goods section of the garden centre f'rinstance, but cheap they ain't in there, tho my little vase of poppies is very pretty I have to say, but the Flaars imo are pretty good. I'll have to check out Bloom tho Boffy if you say they're good.

I keep fancing some flaaaars but the TSVs always seem to be very generic - white or pink ones :yawn:! I would love to see some bright rainbow tulips or poppies. But I understand that the whole point of TSVs is that they've got to appeal to the widest market. I feel the same about Lola Rose TSVs, I've never bought one as I like her massive chunky cuff bracelets and it's always tumbles. Think I'm just destined to be awkward and miss out :giggle:

I keep fancing some flaaaars but the TSVs always seem to be very generic - white or pink ones :yawn:! I would love to see some bright rainbow tulips or poppies. But I understand that the whole point of TSVs is that they've got to appeal to the widest market. I feel the same about Lola Rose TSVs, I've never bought one as I like her massive chunky cuff bracelets and it's always tumbles. Think I'm just destined to be awkward and miss out :giggle:

No honey, you have individuality and style! - that is just hard to come by :rock::up:

Have just 'dressed' some small tables for a small gathering. Went to The Range (similar to Dunelm) and bought loads of tiny little buckets with white flowers in - absolutely perfect, and only £1.18 each. Grouped together they looked fab, and guests took them home afterwards as a reminder of the event. So you dont have to spend a fortune for a pretty effect.

I do so agree with you Boffy! Bloom have superb products, with a far greater range and so much more realistic than those that the pretentious Flaars woman brings to QVC.
I regret buying her so -called Freesia bunch with its ineffective perfume spray, the only usable item was the white jug!
Wake up QVC and bring us the promised quality!

Have just 'dressed' some small tables for a small gathering. Went to The Range (similar to Dunelm) and bought loads of tiny little buckets with white flowers in - absolutely perfect, and only £1.18 each. Grouped together they looked fab, and guests took them home afterwards as a reminder of the event. So you dont have to spend a fortune for a pretty effect.

that's handy to know brissles..we have a branch of The Range not too far away - thank you!

I'm getting ill-mannered in my age - or call it forgetful please! - Boffy I should've hoped that your daughter's wedding goes well and that you all have a lovely weepy day! When is it to be, can I ask?

shes officially getting married in barbados but there is to be a reception back here in england lol.x

I do so agree with you Boffy! Bloom have superb products, with a far greater range and so much more realistic than those that the pretentious Flaars woman brings to QVC.
I regret buying her so -called Freesia bunch with its ineffective perfume spray, the only usable item was the white jug!
Wake up QVC and bring us the promised quality!

Agree I also have several pieces from Bloom & have been very pleased with all of them.They are not cheap & I love real flowers especially lilies but couldn't risk the pollen falling on my new carpet!Never been even tempted with the Peony offerings & like a lot of people can't stand the Flaaaaaars woman!

Fair enough. Maybe I've been unlucky with my peony orders - my first was roses and leaves in a bowl which was £50-ish (can't remember exactly) and I wanted it for my hall table to put near a lamp. I thought it looked very unrealistic, especially for that price, and I now have the Kelly Hoppen Pussy Willow Bowl there, and that looks great (roughly same cost). People obviously must like the flaaaars because they have had a lot of shows on of late. However I am eagerly awaiting the next Bethlehem Lights!!

I do like silk flowers. I've got three anemones in a vase in my office in deep purple/burgundy. They're from Sia and were ****** expensive but they look amazing. I've also got a wreath of roses in my dining room on the wall. Can't remember if they're Sia or not. Again they were ****** expensive but the wreath is gorgeous. It's my personal and private tribute to my mum who died 20 years ago. There was a wreath on the wall when she died (she died on twelfth night) and there has been a dried or silk flower wreath there ever since. My dining room is burgundy blue and silver and quite dramatic so a wreath isn't out of place but if anyone comments I don't usually say why it's there.

I nearly bought a Peony Flaars wreath at Christmas but the website wouldn't process my order and then it was sold out.

Deliberately watched her with Craig just to hear her pronounce 'flowers'. You all are so right about her. Must say I loved her dress, very upmarket. She appears to be high-maintenance to me. Wonder what her beauty routine consists of. Didn't buy any of her posies, entertained the idea of SweetPea scent/spray but £4 p&p on a £6-8 item * stopped me sharp. * can't remember exact price of bottle. Curiousity now satisfied.

Did anyone go for the TSV? Must admit I contemplated the pale pink, but managed to restrain. They did have some bright red and yellow tulips on but they were about 10 feet tall (I exaggerate slightly :giggle:) and I don't think I've really got room for such a big display :sad:

Latest posts

Back