Non-Slip!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
:hi: Anyone else pleased they bought "Wintertrax" shoe grips – 564136?

Fashionable and elegant, definitely not - but In Surrey, close to Gatwick, no-through road – what a lifesaver!

Good luck if it's worse where you are :mysmilie_462:

I bought the pair they were selling last year. They're now back in my bag ready to put on if I have to abandon the car and walk to work, which will be imminent if the black ice on the road in my cul-de-sac at the moment is anything to go by. I've checked them out in the garden and I agree with you ....... they're definitely not fashionable or elegant, but neither is falling flat on your face. :wink2:

My sister has given me an early Xmas pressie. DD and I love our 'Wintertrax'. They have certainly been most welcome these past few days. I couldn't care what the look like I'm just pleased to be able to get about. A bit thanks to my little sis.

I ordered a couple of pairs of snow grippers last week before the snow got to us, but of course they've not been delivered due to the weather, I guess when they do come, I won't need them....grrrr!

Yes, I got some last year and they have broken. Not sure why but I also ordered a reserve pair from Amazon and am now wearing these. They've been good but I have to remember not to put my heel down first as there's no grip there. I have them on my boots constantly and have managed to stay upright so far......

I got some Yaktrax Pro off ebay and they are fantastic. Luckily they were delivered on Tuesday - haven't seen the postman since.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

I got them last year and they were fab! Not been out this week due to nasty flu but they are ready and waiting for when I'm better.

I bought some swedish ones off ebay - fit pretty much any size of shoe, they're a sort of strap affair that fits round your shoe that holds a metal spiked plate onto the ball of your foot, then has a rubber strap that goes round the back to keep them even more secure. Totally different than the yaktrak things but to me they looked more sturdy. Only £8 with free p&p and they arrived next day. Ive had mine on today and they're fab. Have since bought another pair for my Dad. :up:

I actually ordered the other ones with the spikes. The reason is I need small sizing and the other ones with chain type only have one size fits all.

These are the ones I have ordered.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.564189.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch

I've got the get a grips. Lifesaver with the black ice last Xmas Eve and great again now. My coordination is shocking and these give me the confidence to take the dog out without getting stressed! She's skating everywhere but I stay upright! :giggle:

THey are brilliant. I bought a pair last year and without them I would hardly have been able to leave the house because the pavements were so icy. They are starting to get that way again this year so I'm so glad I have them. I;ve also bought a spare pair from Amazon last week (delivered today) because they dont look very sturdy and if they break I will definitely need a backup.

I bought get-a-grips last year from QVC, and I couldn't believe how good they were. I went round raving to everyone about them, and loads of people bought them too. My mother - who's had a lot of falls - said they were the best Christmas present she's ever had! Personally, I think they should be given out free in doctors' surgeries.

I bought the pair they were selling last year. They're now back in my bag ready to put on if I have to abandon the car and walk to work, which will be imminent if the black ice on the road in my cul-de-sac at the moment is anything to go by. I've checked them out in the garden and I agree with you ....... they're definitely not fashionable or elegant, but neither is falling flat on your face. :wink2:
I bought some last year, they are fantastic. I ordered the ones they are selling this year & they're not a patch on last years. Spikes are definitely better than curls.

I wish I had some today as I fell on ice and now have a broken arm,:sad:

:sad: Cazzie you poor thing, shakes you up doesn't it. It was ankle when it happened to me, not weather related but has made me very nervous! Hope you feel better soon – better get some shoe grips on order?? :flower:

I wish I had some today as I fell on ice and now have a broken arm,:sad:

I hope you fell better soon.

I bought the Yaktrax ones last year and they were great, I haven't been out this week but have them ready, the snow here is really deep I'm in a non through road not that far from Gatwick and you cannot get out of our road unless you have a 4x4. No ploughs came near us last year when this happened so I don't expect any to arrive this time, we are at the top of a of a hill then our house is in a bit of a dip so getting out is a nighmare, if the snow doesn't get you the ice will.

I will be going out tomorrow as I have run out of loads of things and am thinking of buy a shopping trolley to get it all back home again.

My son's car is buried in the snow it's a wee sports car so it didn't stand much of a chance with all the snow, and you cannot drive it in these conditions, it took him several hours to get home on Wednesday and at that the car got stuck round the corner from the house.
I wish I had a big Yaktrak to put on it's wheels, my son's firm sent out a large 4 x 4 to take them to and from work.

piper

Latest posts

Back