No More Prescriptives!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You have to wonder about the wisdom of the 'cult brand' mentality.

It's all very well having a feature in Grazia or wherever about the fab new foundation/lippy/perfume that's only available at Harvey Nicks, Space NK or Pout but if people can't buy it, a market will never be built. Then the manufacturer uses that 'lack of market' or 'poor turnover' as an excuse for discontinuing a product - or a whole range.

I personally don't think Clinique is any better than Prescriptives, but there's a Clinique counter in virtually every town, so it's no wonder they're doing well and Prescriptives aren't.

In the past I've used beauty products from Kanebo, Shiseido, La Prairie etc and a host of others with limited outlets. Either they've been discontinued, or I've got fed up with forking out for transport costs to London to get them.

So I now buy only brands that can be easily sourced in most dept stores - not just the big ones in London, Manchester or Leeds - or which have the full range on online, preferably with more than one web outlet. It's their loss.

No More Prescriptives.

I have been viewing the forum for several months now and have at last joined as you have all made me laugh so much.

Thanks for letting us know about the Prescriptives range not being available after January, I shall go and stock up on their magic powder!!

I have been viewing the forum for several months now and have at last joined as you have all made me laugh so much.

Thanks for letting us know about the Prescriptives range not being available after January, I shall go and stock up on their magic powder!!

Ooh I appear to be following you around the board now hon! :D :eek: I need to go and get custom foundation blended - while we still can.

I think it was very sneaky and underhand of QVC not to mention Prescriptives' demise - but instead to nail them to their bliddy perch and pretend all was well.

I think my self righteous indignation helped me to F.A.R.T. though so that's good. :D

But the thing with SpaceNK at least, they are in nearly every city up and down the UK. They also do mail order.

Prescriptives did used to be in Debenhams, but I never could get hold of an sa. They pulled back in the 90's to House of Fraser, Harrods, Selfridges and Brown Thomas in the UK/Ireland. It was their personal blending of foundation, powder, lipstick and lipgloss which set them appart.

Kanebo was in big financial trouble and had been for years. They pulled out of the UK and Europe altogether appart from Harrods. I was told it was the Japanese government who helped the company at one point. It was because it was so old 100 years they considered important. There is a UK website which did stock it. A friend who worked for Givenchy swore by their foundation and used to order from there when it left counters in Debenhams.

Then there was Helena Rubinstein, they did Vit C blending etc and had a big following of their mascara. They where also pulled from the UK some years back.

Welcome to the Forum Rosinlon. I learn loads here as well. Members are really clued-up. I had no idea about the Prescriptives brand biting the dust until I read it here.

I'm a little disappointed. I dont use the range generally but I belive ( deep deep down to my toes) that the Prescriptives Mascara is THE BEST in the world.

Helena Rubenstein - goodness, I'd forgotten about that range. I also used to love Kanebo foundations especially their compact one - I think they must have been one of the first to do that. I've never found another one as good even my MAC Studio Fix doesn't come close to the Kanebo one. I also used to use their 10 second essence which I now realise was one of the early make-up primers - they were definitely ahead of their time.

I bought the Prescriptives TSV just because I liked it and wanted to stock up on SLP. Also bought the 'gallon' of Calyx in the home and away collection - I've never seen a 100ml size! Just the thing for your handbag methinks not!

It's funny how when you know a brand is being discontinued you find this urge to dig out all of the bits you have and start using them again - that's what I've been doing and getting all melancholy about the loss of moonbeam lipgloss! .......I think I need to get out more!

Twinklette x

But the thing with SpaceNK at least, they are in nearly every city up and down the UK. They also do mail order.

Prescriptives did used to be in Debenhams, but I never could get hold of an sa. They pulled back in the 90's to House of Fraser, Harrods, Selfridges and Brown Thomas in the UK/Ireland. It was their personal blending of foundation, powder, lipstick and lipgloss which set them appart.

Kanebo was in big financial trouble and had been for years. They pulled out of the UK and Europe altogether appart from Harrods. I was told it was the Japanese government who helped the company at one point. It was because it was so old 100 years they considered important. There is a UK website which did stock it. A friend who worked for Givenchy swore by their foundation and used to order from there when it left counters in Debenhams.

Then there was Helena Rubinstein, they did Vit C blending etc and had a big following of their mascara. They where also pulled from the UK some years back.

Last edited:
Will QVC take the 2pm Prescriprives hour as an opportunity to announce the closure of the brand?

Don't recommend any breath-holding!

Jude xx

Prescriptives 2pm Show.......

Not asking people to phone in and tell everyone how much they love their Prescriptives now are they? Gone are the "phone through to the studio and tell us how much you like the products - what results have you seen?".

I'm going to start applying the QVC coping mechanism within my own life:
If I ignore 'it' completely, then 'it' will either a) just all go away and be immediately forgotten or b) the people I know are so stupid they will never notice that I'm trying to pretend 'it' has never happened and was never there in the first place ....... Fabulous!

For any Prescriptives fans, google the Holiday 2009 collection. Two absolutely gorgeous palettes, one warm, one cool containing 6 divine eyeshadows and two blushes each. They will be mine! Hopefully from HofF in the sale after Christmas and before the brand gets pulled altogether! :rock:

Were there shows on QVC today? Can't believe they're carrying on as if nothing is happening!!

tx

For any Prescriptives fans, google the Holiday 2009 collection. Two absolutely gorgeous palettes, one warm, one cool containing 6 divine eyeshadows and two blushes each. They will be mine! Hopefully from HofF in the sale after Christmas and before the brand gets pulled altogether! :rock:

Were there shows on QVC today? Can't believe they're carrying on as if nothing is happening!!

tx

It's daft isn't it? I was in Jenners in Edinburgh on Tuesday and the assistant was saying that her last delivery will be in November - after that, the stock will just be allowed to run down. I bought 2 of the breast cancer palettes for my mum and I, the colours are lovely. I do think it's such a shame - so many of the Prescriptives products are better than Estee Lauder (skincare/lipstick/mascara). They'd be better taking the good products from EL into Prescriptives and getting rid of EL!

QVC haven't even bothered to try and get some new stock(whilst it is still available).

The christmas palettes are on the counters, I usually buy one of them. But this year both Cool and Warm have colours I wouldn't wear.

Has the dour Scottish Prescriptives lady jumped ship then?. Also model Frankie looks different tonight. Botox? Fillers? Face lift? perhaps it's cause she's been using pots of freeze 24/7. Ha ha.

Has the dour Scottish Prescriptives lady jumped ship then?. Also model Frankie looks different tonight. Botox? Fillers? Face lift? perhaps it's cause she's been using pots of freeze 24/7. Ha ha.

And plucked one eyebrow higher than the other again.....????? Charlatan.

The sale on Prescriptives counters will be after christmas.

They have a new collection of nude lipsticks on counter, some limited edition.

As I said before I have it on good authority, Prescriptives have loads of unreleased new products in their warehouses. Beside the christmas palettes and gift sets out now, also a party collection to come out too.

The manager at my local HoF counter is now openly telling customers to wait until after christmas for the sale. Loyal customers he will even keep items aside for you.

Oh I bought the Breast Cancer Palette it is gorgeous. The christmas palettes I was disappointed in, both have two eyeshadows that I will never wear. The other colours are already in palettes I bought in previous years. Oh well. I love nude lipsticks.:wink2:

Latest posts

Back