No More Prescriptives!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh no, I think their concealers are the best :sad: I was also going to try their mineral foundation once I'd finished their liquid one I have on the go. Damn, I have such pale skin it's going to be hard to find another product that doesn't make me look orange.

For them to drop the brand it must be doing really badly and they must see no future for it regardless of marketing efforts they could throw at it.

Considering I'm such a beauty addict I have never bought from the range and maybe that explains a lot if they can't even get people like me. Just always sounded so very overpriced compared to the competition.

Makes me think how long will Origins last?

I remember way back there where more Prescriptives counters but it was a nightmare trying to find an sa. Every time I went to the counter we had in Debenhams no sa. I had to go to Glasgow House of Fraser to finally get one. It is a specialized range with all the colourprinting etc and custom blending of foundation. Then they seemed to pull out of loads of department stores in the UK and only a select few had a counter. AY is always bleeting(sp) on about how exclusive the brand is.

I love their palettes they bring out at christmas, have a number of them and was looking forward to this years. Oh well unless they are already made no hope.

I remember way back there where more Prescriptives counters but it was a nightmare trying to find an sa. Every time I went to the counter we had in Debenhams no sa. I had to go to Glasgow House of Fraser to finally get one. It is a specialized range with all the colourprinting etc and custom blending of foundation. Then they seemed to pull out of loads of department stores in the UK and only a select few had a counter. AY is always bleeting(sp) on about how exclusive the brand is.

I remember going to Meadowhall years ago and going to the Prescriptives counter in one of the stores and nobody came to serve me. In the end I just walked off and decided to spend my money elsewhere.

:wave2: I bet AY and the others still get enthusiastic about the TSV,trying to sell as many as possible knowing Prescriptives will be no more after January.
It's a shame as I like their mascara.

The question is: will AY or any presenter/guest come clean and mention the end is nigh?

Jude xx

OH B*gger! I like a lot of their range and my DD uses SLP all the time, I love the magic liquid powder and there is nothing even similar to it.

Who on here has got the balls to phone up as a T caller on tsv day and then say I understand that Estee Lauder is closing the brand?...volunteers?

I'm like Donna & love their Christmas palettes,have got several of them & they're fab.
Their lip glosses are really good,too.
There's a Prescriptives in Brown Thomas in Dublin(quite a large one)but I always find it a bit off putting as there's always several sa's hovering round & I like being left on my own to browse.

I'm shocked by the news. I use to use their SLP until they changed the formulation. Then I found it didn't work for me as it once did. I do like their Intensive rebuilding moisturiser and found it a less expensive option than PCMC. The intensive rebuilding eye cream was also a winner with me. QVC use to stock both the eye cream and moisturiser but stopped in favour of the ones with SPF's.

I also liked the range of foundations they did and as others have said, their colour palattes. Might have to stock up on a couple of favourite lippy's and flawless skin concealor (sorry Loveheart :flower:).

I emailed QVC CS and asked since Prescriptives is being discontinued by Estee Lauder will we still get the TSV on the 28th? hehehehhe Just wanted them to know, Hello, customers do know what is going on.:tongue2:

Got a reply saying yes the TSV will go ahead.

Had a chat with the manager of my local Prescriptives counter this morning.
They were told yesterday at a meeting in London, which was to launch the christmas gifts etc. No one knew what was coming it seems, though it was announced on Wall Street on Thursday. The brand was doing badly in America and it was their decision to pull it worldwide. No buyers are being for Prescriptives are being sawth(sp).

The only Estee Lauder brands which actually make money are Estee Lauder, Clinique and Bobbi Brown. The others they own are all lose makers and could very well face the block in the future. I was suprised Mac was not considered a big profit maker.

Calyx is being bought by a different company,(he didn't know who) and will be rebranded and relaunched next year.

I'm surprised MAC aren't that big a money maker too.

I'm also going to have to stock up on their mascara. Still going to depend on what's in the TSV as to whether I'll go for it or not. Might be better for me to buy my favourites while I can instead of the TSV.

I'm shocked by the news. I use to use their SLP until they changed the formulation. Then I found it didn't work for me as it once did. I do like their Intensive rebuilding moisturiser and found it a less expensive option than PCMC. The intensive rebuilding eye cream was also a winner with me. QVC use to stock both the eye cream and moisturiser but stopped in favour of the ones with SPF's.

I also liked the range of foundations they did and as others have said, their colour palattes. Might have to stock up on a couple of favourite lippy's and flawless skin concealor (sorry Loveheart :flower:).

You are allowed Tanglefoot. If you have a good reason for stockpiling then it's fine. I am not without compassion and completely understand how upset you must be.:nod::nod:

Latest posts

Back