No email address from me !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Alan I could not possibly tell you.

So what happens when using Q Cut?????? You have to enter your QVC number and pin. How the hell will you be able to put in your email address from a home phone??? ( I do not have a I phone, nor do I want one). If they did away with Q Cut thousands would be very unhappy.

Phoned the number and got Rod Stewart singing Maggie May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:call:

Guy on the phone said Q Cut will remain the same.

Last edited:
Just had an email from Q confirming that you need your email and 4 digit number when ordering from the website.

........ So what happens when using Q Cut?????? You have to enter your QVC number and pin. How the hell will you be able to put in your email address from a home phone??? ( I do not have a I phone, nor do I want one).

I only ever order via QCut and I never have to give my QVC membership number, it recognises me from my phone number - and I don't have, nor do I want to have, an Iphone either. I get asked for my pin number when I choose my payment method - that's all I have to enter and it offers me a choice of the cards I have registered on my account. The only time I had to give QCut my membership number was the first time I used this phone, and from that point on it knew who I was immediately from my phone number.

Pit seems to me that an 8 digit number is far more secure than my email address, which loads of people know and it is openly displayed on FB etc

accessing my account

Your security is important to us, so we're now requesting that you sign in using the unique email address associated with your QVC account and PIN. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Care team on 0800 197 5055

Keep getting the above message when I try to look at my account but its not telling me how to..and how does using my email make it more secure as many many people know that whereas they don`t know my membership and pin number!!

It isn't more secure because, as you say, more people know your email address than your 8 digit QVC membership number. You still need to enter the same PIN but it's always annoyed me that they ask you to say this over the phone; banks etc never ask you to reveal your PIN! I'd like them to tighten up security at their end!

Most of your seem to re-iterate my thoughts when I started this thread. That an 8 digit number is far more secure than an email address, which makes me believe that Q want to have the ability to contact all their customers electronically.

Well, even though I barely buy anything these days, if I get the merest hint that I'm being targetly marketed , then that will be the final nail in their coffin as far as I'm concerned.

The whole email address thing is actually saving me money! My Mum's QVC account and mine have the same email address (she wasn't very tech savvy when she first started shopping with le Q) so I can no longer shop online until I call them and update my details. Excellent! Although I am hankering after the last Lulu Guinness TSV which is back on a special price and 3 easy pays and available in raspberry again, I am just telling myself it'll be someone's return and talking myself out of it though.

Funny, because since they've changed the way you log in to your account, by using your e-mail address, I've had more e-mails from them than I ever had before. E-mails about Beauty Weekend, Autumn/Winter Style, Jewellery Day etc etc whereas previously I only ever got e-mails regarding the progress of my order :thinking:

This is precisely my reason for starting this thread - the fact that once they have your email address you are bombarded with everything.

Like another forumite, its saving me money, as I haven't ordered a single thing since they requested my email, and continue to do limited shopping on Q cut.

I agree with you brissles - I have no intention of providing my email address.

There is no longer the option to login in with the Membership numb and PIN - that has worked without problem for years.

They now state to use "the unique email associated with this QVC account" and PIN.

There is NO email associated with the account.

Why is there not the option to use either email OR membership number?

As for "added security" What tosh !!!!!!!!!!

No email address from me QVC - and you have done me a favour because I had gone off you already and now I will stop ordering online !!!!!!!

As Sazza says, you can opt out of promo emails.

I really don't see the problem myself... they have had my email for years and have not abused it. I only get the mail I have asked for.

I can't even think of an online retailer that hasn't asked for an email address... John Lewis, Wallis, Amazon, M&S, Debenhams for instance. I have used all of those this month and all have required an email... nothing sinister involved.

As others have said, you can get a webmail address and use it specifically for QVC then you can close it down if it becomes a problem.

l use a different email address for each provider/website. That way you can just shut down anything you like without affecting anything else, and it has the security of your different personas/memberships not being linked in any way. Makes identity theft well nigh impossible.

Latest posts

Back