Ninja is leaking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
My Ninja from last July has been leaking through the bearing into the motor base, I've had to keep cleaning it, which is not easy because of various recesses.

Yesterday, I just put clean water in it and ran it for about a minute.

Not only did the water leak out, it was not just plain water but mixed with sludge from previous smoothies. Also, the water in the jug was quite dirty. This must have been old smoothies trapped underneath the blade holder, which you just can't get at.

I clean it after every use by running it with soapy water.

CS were very good, said it wouold be collected within 5 days. But I was advised to pack it up immediately as they could come tomorrow. I took this with a pinch of salt, as it was mid-afternoon, but I did pack it up.

Luckily I did as Hermes came to collect it at 0905 this morning.

Today I made my smoothie with the Vitamix. I have to say that it was much better, as all the seeds from blackberries etc had been obliterated, unlike the Ninja.

The same leak problem occurred with my Magic Bullet (remember them?).

There is a basic design flaw with these gadgets as they work "upside down" and can leak from the container if not tight enough, or through the bearing as in this case.

If there was a major leak, it would destroy the motor, and as water and electricity don't mix, it is frightening to think what could happen.

Even the Vitamix has the same design principle, but has been OK so far.

That sludgy water sounds disgusting. I will try running the vitamix with clean water just to check I am cleaning it properly

Yes, but much more difficult to clean (or so I thought) as the jug is so tall it is difficult to rinse it under my kitchen tap. Also, making a smoothie for one hardly covers the blades.

And I can drink directly out of the Ninja jug with the sip and seal lids.

I recommend these brushes for washing up - they are great for getting under the blades as you can bend them into shape.

The smaller one is also great for cleaning in the hole of my bread maker paddle:

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/21626/Lakeland-Home-Spout-Brushes

Yes - I agree - very useful to have. I don't actually use mine in any spouts, but all those fiddly hard to get to places. Lakeland also do other great little brushes and things for cleaning into the nooks and crannies.

Thanks for the advice.OH wants a nutribullet but I've always resisted as he's not domesticated and I'd end up cleaning it.I will have another look and maybe a Christmas present for him.

My replacement Ninja has arrived, I paid extra for the auto model as the manual model was out of stock.

Hermes delivered at 0912, status said "customer signed for it" but I didn't.

Looking forward to trying it for lunch, with banana (including skin), crystallised ginger, and frozen strawberries, blackberries, sour cherries, black grapes, blackcurrants, topped up with skimmed milk.

I've just been reading the instruction book.

Was surprised to find that it seems to be a QVC product. The address and phone numbers are for QVC.

So presumably Q can say whatever price they like as the "normal" price.

"Obviously" it is made in China.

I've just saved a minute by not having to stand there and hold the cup down.

What shall I do with that saved minute?

I know, I'll come on here and post this message.

Latest posts

Back