new year resolution?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC - stop buying so much rubbish that seems like a good idea at the time. That probably means stop watching QVC while drinking :glass: :beer:

Lose 10lb, apparently I'm overweight!
Eat less, exercise more.
Try and increase sales for my hobby business so I can actually save money instead of spending it.

CC (bit boring I know lol)

hmmm!

1. Watch less Q = spend less £ 2. a) Lose weight and keep it off. b) Get an operation so I can have dimples like Flavia on Strictly. Oh, how I covet those dimples!!! Out of the three, I dunno if I have a Snowball'sChance ... lol

Eat less, move more - and buy a lot less crap :talking:

You have summed up my intentions exactly, I hope QVC stop selling less heated socks and do away with P & P, and what about a loyalty card? Or something along those lines. Am going to give alcohol a miss in January for cancer research, lets see if I can get past the first week!

QVC - Buy less make-up. Tidied my make-up drawer, and I have 14 large LG compacts on the go, including her concealer and eye shadow one. I mean, how much make-up do I need. And I daren't look at my stockpile.

General - I like "eat less (cake), move more" so I'm going to stick to that one.

lessee - everybody wants to lose weight so yep, same old chestnuts ;)

Well look on the bright side, Q will be having a fitness DVD/ machine for the New Years TSV ........:cheeky:

To use up my stockpile of everything ie. cosmetics, face care, body care and perfumes !
To resist 3 for 2 offers in Boots, Superdrug or anywhere else.
To stop browsing Q and real shops and only look when I actually need to buy anything. A real toughie for me cos I`m a prize browser.
I rarely drink alcohol but chocolate is my weakness so I`m going to cut it right back to once a week.
Finally to stop looking upon cleaning my oven as the job from hell and do my utmost not to leave it quite so long between scrubbings : (

Finally to stop looking upon cleaning my oven as the job from hell and do my utmost not to leave it quite so long between scrubbings : (

Vienna I spotted a Groupon Deal for professional oven cleaning for £25! I swear I actually considered it, then came to my senses lol! Though a friend of mine got it done & honestly her oven was like new!
Anyway, my New Years resolution is the same old.. Lose weight, spend less & stress less about silly things!

Vienna I spotted a Groupon Deal for professional oven cleaning for £25! I swear I actually considered it, then came to my senses lol! Though a friend of mine got it done & honestly her oven was like new!

Sounds like heaven to me ....

I shall be sticking to the same new years res that I've made for the last ten years: Don't make any new years resolutions.
Easy. I never break it.
It's a bit like when I give up smoking for lent - I always keep to that too..... :wink:

QVC resolutions not to buy anything until my extensive stockpile is used up.
Ordinary resolutions,none because going by past experience i know they will be broken by Jan 2nd.

I often think "this could be my New Year's Resolution" when midnight chimes, but invariably I don't act on those thoughts.

The only resolution I made and stuck to was on December 31st 2008 when I stubbed out my last cigarette at 11.59 pm, having smoked 30+ a day for years. And ................ I'm still a non-smoker.

This year (and I will stick to it) is not to buy something unless I need it, which is bound to save me more money than the 'I want that' purchases.

1. To only buy 2 TSV's during the course of 2013, and no other items because I really do not need them. I know which TSV's they are likely to be, but will keep my options open. Have come to the conclusion that "cold turkey" does not work, so I will cut down instead.

2. Generally. Remember what it is that really matters in this life and stuff the rest.

QVC resolution, to only buy if I really need it which means I will buy nothing as they don't sell stuff I actually need.

General ones, for 2012 I resolved to do more things and it has been great for my sense of well being, I see friends more often, I go walking more, do more gardening and am starting to really enjoy it, and I also invite people round for dinner more. I resolved to wear perfume every day and change my earrings frequently. Managed to stick to all of these as they involved being nice to myself. No more punitive resolutions for me!!

QVC resolution, to only buy if I really need it which means I will buy nothing as they don't sell stuff I actually need.

General ones, for 2012 I resolved to do more things and it has been great for my sense of well being, I see friends more often, I go walking more, do more gardening and am starting to really enjoy it, and I also invite people round for dinner more. I resolved to wear perfume every day and change my earrings frequently. Managed to stick to all of these as they involved being nice to myself. No more punitive resolutions for me!!

silversequin I like your style, people tend to see resolutions as punitive but make a 'nice' resolution and you'll stick to it, you go for it ss!

Latest posts

Back