New Yankee/Woodwick Candle Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been buying home inspirations by Yankee candles in Sainsbury's and ASDA's and am thrilled that both places now do the sweet and salty caramel which I absolutely adore but couldn't get anywhere else, and prices are very good, votive are £1.

I've had a candletastic couple of days. Sunday went shopping and came back with YC Christmas Garland large jar (with a large WoodWick Fireside candle put aside as a Christmas present to me from my bro)... Today went to Boundary Mills and bought 2x World Journeys Christmas in Paris for under £9 each, and 1x WJ Arctic Glacier which was a bit more... Mountain Lodge large jar, and Orange Clove large jar - that's my Christmas scenting completely wrapped up. I've also just succumbed to the Rainbows End duo.

Fantastic!!!!!

I see the Autumn scents finally made it to air yesterday, OCTOBER 17!! Still no sign of the second drop in the WJ AD.

:mysmilie_59:

Ooh, that sounds a lovely selection!! :mysmilie_14: I really like the sound of the Christmas in Paris one, but haven't seen it for less than about £23. Love Christmas Garland, and fancied the Mountain Lodge one, too. The set with the glimmer holder in has my nemesis in it, Christmas Memories!! We picked up a couple of medium jars in the sale at the Yankee shop last week (can't remember whether I posted about this or not, as I frequently type posts out then decide not to bother!), Cosy by the Fire and Snow in Love, for £22. Also got to smell the other two Christmas 2016 candles, Star Anise and Orange and Macaron Treats, neither of which were my cup of tea at all. Would like to get Bundle Up and Christmas Eve for the festive period, as I thought the other two were more Winter candles than specifically festive. Was quite tempted by the Yankee OTO yesterday, and isn't there a Yankee Christmas TSV coming up?

Minx in Space, why is Christmas Memories your nemesis? The reason I ask is because I am also tempted by that set on Q but I absolutely loathe cinnamon as the dominant smell and suspect this is cinnamon-heavy which would put me right off.

Maymorganlondon, that is indeed a candletastic shopping trip, I love the sound of all those - is Orange Clove like Spiced Orange?

Ooh, that sounds a lovely selection!! :mysmilie_14: I really like the sound of the Christmas in Paris one, but haven't seen it for less than about £23. Love Christmas Garland, and fancied the Mountain Lodge one, too. The set with the glimmer holder in has my nemesis in it, Christmas Memories!! We picked up a couple of medium jars in the sale at the Yankee shop last week (can't remember whether I posted about this or not, as I frequently type posts out then decide not to bother!), Cosy by the Fire and Snow in Love, for £22. Also got to smell the other two Christmas 2016 candles, Star Anise and Orange and Macaron Treats, neither of which were my cup of tea at all. Would like to get Bundle Up and Christmas Eve for the festive period, as I thought the other two were more Winter candles than specifically festive. Was quite tempted by the Yankee OTO yesterday, and isn't there a Yankee Christmas TSV coming up?

If you have a Boundary Mills anywhere near you, you may be able to get the ones I got for the bargainous price I paid. Some of the candles look like they were substandard for normal retail (patchy looking colour, not filling to the edges in the base) but as it's the scent I go for more than the appearance, I'm OK with that.

I've been sniffing candles like crazy in the shops, but at this time of year I really love to get candles with a smokiness to them. I am with you on Christmas Memories. I love Christmas Eve, and like Season of Peace very much, as well as Angels Wings (but restrained myself from buying these full price in another shop yesterday). I also like Red Apple Wreath when you can find it. I'm very bah humbug about Christmas except I love the smells I associate with Christmas/Winter... the smell of a coal fire, the smell of a real Christmas tree, the spices (but not too much sweetness).

I have a horrible feeling the Christmas Yankee Candle TSV will be votives and tealights, rather than proper candles. I won't bother with votives (too messy and fiddly to get out of the holders) but I do quite like tealights.

The Macaron Treats is one of the most vile scents I've come across from any candlemaker. Star Anise & Orange is quite nice - the anise smell isn't too overpowering, when cold at least.

From last year I loved Cosy by the Fire (that smoky note)... but didn't like Bundle Up (smells like Clean Cotton with a bit of a wintery overlay to me - and I loathe that whole family of scents ... clean cotton, fluffy towels, soft blanket and the worst of the lot... baby powder).

I've no room for all the candle newness in my new candle storage area, so I justify a different area which is for Christmas stuff... So my excuse will be dead and buried if I carry on shopping and indulging in non-Christmassy ones. Ooops!

Minx in Space, why is Christmas Memories your nemesis? The reason I ask is because I am also tempted by that set on Q but I absolutely loathe cinnamon as the dominant smell and suspect this is cinnamon-heavy which would put me right off.

Maymorganlondon, that is indeed a candletastic shopping trip, I love the sound of all those - is Orange Clove like Spiced Orange?

I'd say Orange Clove is stronger than Spiced Orange, and very distinctly Clovey rather than more cinnamon like the spiced orange.

I can't speak to why Christmas Memories is a nemesis for MiS but for me it's very foodie, and not in a good way. Yes it's got spicy smells to it, but it's got a very sweet cakey smell to it as well (and I struggle not to gag when smelling all but the Easter Bunny Cake).

I'd say Orange Clove is stronger than Spiced Orange, and very distinctly Clovey rather than more cinnamon like the spiced orange.

I can't speak to why Christmas Memories is a nemesis for MiS but for me it's very foodie, and not in a good way. Yes it's got spicy smells to it, but it's got a very sweet cakey smell to it as well (and I struggle not to gag when smelling all but the Easter Bunny Cake).

Thanks maymorganlondon, the Orange & Clove one sounds right up my alley, will look out for it as I love those smells at this time of year!

On the other hand, the Christmas Memories one sounds exactly what I don't like - I had the carrot cake candle a few years back and had to give it away as likewise, it made me gag when I lit it as it was all cinnamon and dough, yeuch!

I have been buying home inspirations by Yankee candles in Sainsbury's and ASDA's and am thrilled that both places now do the sweet and salty caramel which I absolutely adore but couldn't get anywhere else, and prices are very good, votive are £1.

they dont in mine they only have the large jars or the tumblers & thats a massive store i went to

I must be the only person who likes Christmas Memories! It's gingerbread to me, which I like. I'm not a fan of cinnamon.

If you have a Boundary Mills anywhere near you, you may be able to get the ones I got for the bargainous price I paid. Some of the candles look like they were substandard for normal retail (patchy looking colour, not filling to the edges in the base) but as it's the scent I go for more than the appearance, I'm OK with that.

Which Boundary Mill are you talking about? I thought you were based in London so got excited there might be one nearby but the nearest is Grantham, I think, and it doesn't have a Home department?

I must be the only person who likes Christmas Memories! It's gingerbread to me, which I like. I'm not a fan of cinnamon.

It smells like curries to me! I tried it in a melt and had to get rid after 10 minutes as it brought on a really sickly migraine. It didn't agree with me at all.

It smells like curries to me! I tried it in a melt and had to get rid after 10 minutes as it brought on a really sickly migraine. It didn't agree with me at all.

Isn't it funny? I wondered why nobody else was buying the large jars for £8 in the Clinton's new year sale!

The Christmas ones I hate are Cinnamon Stick and all the cranberry ones. But the Yankee that absolutely makes me recoil with disgust is Midnight Jasmine.

Isn't it funny? I wondered why nobody else was buying the large jars for £8 in the Clinton's new year sale!

The Christmas ones I hate are Cinnamon Stick and all the cranberry ones. But the Yankee that absolutely makes me recoil with disgust is Midnight Jasmine.

Oh lord, I'm totally with you re the Cinnamon ones, minging - worst Christmas one I ever smelt was the misguided Apple & Pine Needle one from YC which to my nose smelled like a Vesta curry!

I think it's wonderful that we all like different scents. At least it usually means you can pick something up in the sales that others don't like. My friend adores Christmas Memories too, she gets a gingerbread throw with it! Thankfully she knows not to burn it if I am popping round.

I think it's wonderful that we all like different scents. At least it usually means you can pick something up in the sales that others don't like. My friend adores Christmas Memories too, she gets a gingerbread throw with it! Thankfully she knows not to burn it if I am popping round.

I agree, I love hearing about other people's likes and dislikes re smells - it's so interesting :)

Which Boundary Mill are you talking about? I thought you were based in London so got excited there might be one nearby but the nearest is Grantham, I think, and it doesn't have a Home department?

Sorry to let you down. Yes, I am London based, however I was in Newcastle upon Tyne at the weekend and detoured to Shiremoor for BM on purpose. It's a pretty big store with lighting, kitchenware and all sorts.

Oh lord, I'm totally with you re the Cinnamon ones, minging - worst Christmas one I ever smelt was the misguided Apple & Pine Needle one from YC which to my nose smelled like a Vesta curry!

Ha ha, Vesta curry. I found out recently they still have them on Amazon!

I agree, I love hearing about other people's likes and dislikes re smells - it's so interesting :)

I even like listening to strangers comment when they smell candles in shops - not that I lurk around suspiciously!

Sorry to let you down. Yes, I am London based, however I was in Newcastle upon Tyne at the weekend and detoured to Shiremoor for BM on purpose. It's a pretty big store with lighting, kitchenware and all sorts.

Ah, never mind. I have actually been to the one outside Grantham on my way up the A1 but fortunately I was not particularly after candles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back