New Lola Rose Watch!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I waited until i got home to look at my watch - it's very pretty, but it's a bit flimsier than I thought it would be. I definitely wouldn't pay £65 for it, but I'm not sure it's worth the £11 less I paid for it on QVC either...

I think Lola Rose is in danger of losing its way with the different items they're bringing out. They made their name with quality jewellery but everything else seems to be grossly overpriced for what it is - the scarves are only one example, and this seems to be another. I think they should stick to what they're good at - I've got quite a few older LR necklaces and bracelets which are still lovely and really good quality.

I think Lola Rose is in danger of losing its way with the different items they're bringing out. They made their name with quality jewellery but everything else seems to be grossly overpriced for what it is - the scarves are only one example, and this seems to be another. I think they should stick to what they're good at - I've got quite a few older LR necklaces and bracelets which are still lovely and really good quality.

I agree thatu. Their range of bathing products didn't exactly set the world on fire either, did it?

I waited until i got home to look at my watch - it's very pretty, but it's a bit flimsier than I thought it would be. I definitely wouldn't pay £65 for it, but I'm not sure it's worth the £11 less I paid for it on QVC either...
Would you mind measuring the width of the watch face including the round metal surround ( but not including the winder) as I have a small wrist and I'm not sure if it will look too big on me. I have learned not to trust Q's measurements as they often get it wrong!
I don't think that it's a bad price for a fashion watch, but would rather not risk wasting two lots of postage if I can avoid it.
Pandora x

Would you mind measuring the width of the watch face including the round metal surround ( but not including the winder) as I have a small wrist and I'm not sure if it will look too big on me. I have learned not to trust Q's measurements as they often get it wrong!
I don't think that it's a bad price for a fashion watch, but would rather not risk wasting two lots of postage if I can avoid it.
Pandora x

I wish I'd have seen this post last night/before I left for work today, but I will definitely do this for you tonight when I get in.

I'm a little disappointed to hear Nicki say the face is a printed photo of the stones. Mother of pearl is used for watch faces so I'd prefer a slice of real stone as it's from Lola Rose. I can appreciate it'd be a bit pot luck as to how each face would turn out which might be a problem for LR, QVC and the customers. Maybe it'd push up the price too much. Maybe LR will think of doing this depending on how this watch is received?

I'm a little disappointed to hear Nicki say the face is a printed photo of the stones. Mother of pearl is used for watch faces so I'd prefer a slice of real stone as it's from Lola Rose. I can appreciate it'd be a bit pot luck as to how each face would turn out which might be a problem for LR, QVC and the customers. Maybe it'd push up the price too much. Maybe LR will think of doing this depending on how this watch is received?

that would of pushed the price up quite a bit & then its making sure the stone dont interfer with the workings of the watch ect

Totally agree Akimbo. As soon as I read that the face was 'printed', I thought people would be slightly disappointed. To me, the main attraction to Lola Rose is the stones they use, so I believe that people would automatically expect that the watches would also contain a slice of stone. The watches may well be beautiful, but it would definitely take the shine off it for me if I had ordered one.

Does anyone else remember (years ago) a hoo-haa when a coin-faced watch turned out to have a copper-coloured piece of paper under the glass rather than a real coin? (was it a 1d or 1/2d coin?...one of those I think)

Pandora x

Nikki said on air today it is 35mm

Nikki said on air today it is 35mm
Thanks Sazza, I watched a presentation earlier and realised that it was roughly the size of one of my husband's watches which looked far too big on my small wrist. If a smaller version is made at some point I might be interested.

I would say it's 3.4/3.5cm

Hope this helps.

Finally got mine today after missing the postman with his first attempt of delivery, and i love it!!!

had a letter off lola rose to say there was in issue with some of the watches mechanics and i needed to return it for it to be replaced, did this, all very easy and paid for by them and as a thank you and sorry they also sent a gift voucher, i have to be honest their customer service has been incredible... QVC need to take notes!!!

Lola Rose are amazing at customer service. Sorry you had a problem with your watch but that really is how to sort it and keep the customer happy.

I got this letter also. I emailed that evening, I explained I was going on holiday in a week and wanted to take it with me. They said this wasn't a problem and they would make sure I had it back in time. I went to the Post Office the day before we left to pick it up (it was returned 'sign for' and I was at work).

As far as I was aware my watch was fine before it went off for the service, but they said they would do a free test, so I accepted. I haven't had a gift voucher though.

i had the letter too. I didn't and haven't had a problem with mine so ignored it but i have to say, its great customer service to even bother offering to service all the watches.

I got this letter also. I emailed that evening, I explained I was going on holiday in a week and wanted to take it with me. They said this wasn't a problem and they would make sure I had it back in time. I went to the Post Office the day before we left to pick it up (it was returned 'sign for' and I was at work).

As far as I was aware my watch was fine before it went off for the service, but they said they would do a free test, so I accepted. I haven't had a gift voucher though.

maybe i did as there was an issue with mine? the test report was included in the return and there was a fault with the hands on the original one i had.

maybe i did as there was an issue with mine? the test report was included in the return and there was a fault with the hands on the original one i had.

had a letter off lola rose to say there was in issue with some of the watches mechanics and i needed to return it for it to be replaced, did this, all very easy and paid for by them and as a thank you and sorry they also sent a gift voucher, i have to be honest their customer service has been incredible... QVC need to take notes!!!

I got back from a week away yesterday and there was a gift voucher for me on the door mat too. I was very chuffed.

Latest posts

Back