New Liz Earle perfume anyone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I have ordered from LE website myself in the past and see there is a new perfume coming out. I had the other ones and returned them but the quality was very good- I just did not like the smell.

Anyone had a sample? Are Q going to stock it? Is it another glorified Avon perfume?

Churning out the perfumes one after the other now, sure sign of the Avon influence.

I like the second one, but it doesn't have a great deal of staying power although when you first spray it on it smells very potent, I can see what they don't appeal to quite a few people, I think they are far removed from the good old "proper" scents. Not sure i would buy again. Not in a great rush to try this. Perhaps they will give us a sample of it in the next Tsv, must be one due soon x

the new perfume is to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Chelsea flower show and was supposed to be ready for May but the rep in John Lewis told me in would not be out in time for the show. She said it will be released later this year.

I had an email about it today, it's available mow on the LE website for £47. I really do not need any more perfume but I am tempted. I have both the others but prefer the second one, it lasts really well on me so it must be true that perfume is different on different people.

I didn't like the first one but loved the 2nd one save for the fact that it didn't last long on me or so I thought.

Several people remarked on the lovely smell hours after I had put it on so it must have lasted.

liz earle perfumes are very well done but they are not unique and quite expensive for what they are.

I loved this bit, finished with the mandarin and bergamot!!!

Er, these are citrus notes and always top notes, rarely as middle notes. Finished notes are the heavier base notes woody.

But then the second perfume was a told knock off of a very classic YSL men's fragrance. I read this in a review on Basenotes, got to smell it in real life and yes it was.

liz earle perfumes are very well done but they are not unique and quite expensive for what they are.

I agree, I bought the first one - the citrusy one - when it was on free PP & easy pay a couple of years ago, after trying a tester in John Lewis. I like it, but it does remind me of other scents - Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin, and Elle McPherson bodycare range that you used to get in Boots.

where as I loved the first one - even repeated purhased (can say that about too many QVC products) , but thought the 2nd one smelled like so many others so didn't bother with it.

This No.100 sounds nice - might give it a go.

I had a squirt last night but it was over what i already had on (Prada Infusion D'iris, get me!!). I liked it, not usually a floral person but it is quite jasmine-y and yes, it smells a bit like something else but can't place what, it isn't very wow-factor or something you think you must have right now, but it's gone on my list! It is a bit air-freshener at first perhaps but lasted quite well and dried down nicely, still got the jasmine. I think it's quite expensive though.

the first liz earle one reminds me of "y" by ysl and a dozen other vintage style scents which you can pick up for a lot less money. I love this style of perfume and her new one the amber smelling one but not great for the money too samey

I tried this in John Lewis yesterday and to me its smells very 'perfumey.' I know this is not a great help but it smelled like many other perfumes that tickle your nose and make you want to sneeze. It does not stand out, and to me is very old-fashioned. Also, I agree with Donna 255 - how can you end with Bergamot? I love perfume and have spent way too much money on them. This is forgettable. Definitely would not recommend buying unsniffed!

I'm disappointed that those of you who have had a chance to try this one are underwhelmed. I've been holding out high hopes for it. I haven't been able to find a review anywhere, but on the Liz site there's a video that says they have tried to create the scent of a large flower shop. To me, that conjures up greenery as well as flowers and I really want to try it. Of the two existing fragrances I prefer the no 15 although I think both are good and streets ahead of all the celebrity offerings out there. They have real quality imo, but I haven't quite been persuaded to take the plunge yet, so still hoping no 100 will fit the bill.

I think for liz earle prices you could get something a bit more unusual maybe space nk even in particularly in the sales. I wont pay that kind of money for liz earle even though I agree they are quite nice they don't last long and are a little similar to other fragrances now if they did them fo 2 for £15 in the avon brochure I would be interested

Latest posts

Back