New Elemis TSV on Saturday 7th January 2012.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£60 isn't expensive for what you get, but I haven't opened the pcmc from the last tsv yet, so I don't think I really want to pay that much just to get the cleansewr/toner and bliss capsules.

Expensive TSV considering Christmas has just been! Where is the sensitive option? A little disappointed with this TSV because of the no sensitive option :(

QVC wasnt working on my freeview box when the TSV came on so missed the launch!
Would have liked a sensitive option as I love the apricot toner but not keen on the camomile cleanser
Might consider buying the rosepetal and ginseng as havent tried it before

Just watching (out of curiosity you understand!) - I won't be buying though, I will wait until the next one, and one minute Alison was presenting, then the next minute Dale was on! I was on my laptop so I don't know what happened there lol

Looks like the brochure that the TSV comes with has a picture of the sensitive option on the front and in the inside :confused2:

I went for the Lime Blossom option. Was going to try the Rosepetal cleanser but I thought I'd stick with what I know!

In the end I've decided against getting the TSV. I've considered that £60.00 is a lot of money to get this. I do like their Balancing cleanser and lavender toner, have a pot of night cream already and don't think my skin needs the bliss capsules. Considering I have a spare cleanser already as well I have passed however on Thursday we were in the Trafford Centre and Debenhams still has some Elemis kits on sale. MrM bought me the one containing Pro Collagen Marine Cream, Papaya Enzyme Cream, small pot of Bliss Capsules, Nourishing Milk Bath, Frangipani shower gel and oil. This was £33.75 so a bargain.

About Sensitive options QVC seemed to stop doing these sometime ago, think they don't sell as many. I did ask Keeley and she said she was also disappointed even if QVC had ordered a few thousand of that one. But the big sellers are the mature/dry skin and the normal/combi ones so of course QVC want to sell as many as possible and get their profit.

There was talk that not as many of this TSV so perhaps that is why no easy pay? QVC want to have it last as long as possible without OTOs

elemis tsv

I know this should be over a hundred pounds plus if we were to buy it elsewhere,but a tsv for 59quid plus postage and not even on easy pay!Come on now,I know the quality is good etc etc but who has got 64.00 to shell out all in one go the first week in January?

Agreed alt2000 - I am a massive fan of Elemis, think the pro cal is the best but even I am not going to fork out £60+, I know the kit is worth a lot of money but all that reflects for me is the way OTT prices of Elemis. It has ceased to be my favourite.

I was looking forward to this TSV and thought I would go for it but not forking out £60+ just after Christmas for stuff which will sit unused for a while. If it had been on easy pay I would have ordered but I will sensibly give this a miss.

There's another thread about "The Gatineau Trap" and here's the perfect example that Elemis is exactly the same. Through TSVs we get tempted in to using these products that actually most of us wouldn't pay full price.

I'm not a fan of the bliss capsules and I prefer C&P as a cleanser so this one is really not for me. I am however a big fan of PCMC and PONC but I'm stocked up on both. I might however be tempted by another of the 100ml PCMC on easy pay. At least I will use every scrap of that and I get a 15ml of the nightcream as well.

I got it on advanced orders. My mum also ordered one to be delivered to Spain and we were surprised that the P&P was only £1.00 more than mine

I'm being tempted by the Tri-Enzymne kit but I don't know how I'd find the time to fit in all these routines.

I know this should be over a hundred pounds plus if we were to buy it elsewhere,but a tsv for 59quid plus postage and not even on easy pay!Come on now,I know the quality is good etc etc but who has got 64.00 to shell out all in one go the first week in January?

Totallt concur. I would usually opt for the sensitive option but, had the tsv been on EP, I would have bought the hydrating set. I think QVC will lose out on a lot of sales because, as you say, who has got that amount of money to spend on what is a luxury priced and, granted, a high end brand, face care set? I'll give it a miss. Wonder why there is no EP? Elemis is normally good on EPs.

Why do we fall for something being "worth" a lot more than the TSV costs? The profits are huge for the companies involved, and just because the product is ridiculously over priced if bought on its own elsewhere or on the qvc website does not suddenly turn a set into a bargain. I think Elemis has got over-hyped lately, I really liked the Christmas TSV, but didn't buy this. Of I grew vegetables in my garden, and put 6 magic beans in a set of beans, carrots and ermmm... think of another vegetable.... whatever, for the bargain price of 12.50, what I am trying to say very badly is just because I say that just one of the magic beans would normally cost 25 quid on its own...(just look at my website....) does not make the set of veg a bargain or the beans really magic! Phew, got there in the end with my little analogy, no, I have not been drinking!

I remember when Elemis was quite reasonable. Oh yes. They had basic day and night moisturers in different skin options. Then they repacked the brand and suddenly the prices leapt throw the roof and then started going more high tech. The SOS cream used to be around £30+ and then bang it was £50 in one go!!!! The Redness Relief was the same massive price jump in one go. I managed to get a 50ml tube of the latter for £25 on ebay late last year, you find they are used in salons so no fancy packaging.

As I have said before because of my roseaca I cannot use brands I did before. Elemis I can use without a problem, though not all of their products. But I remember the days when I could use any brand and not end up with a face full of acne like spots and a red rash.

Latest posts

Back