New cosmetics range

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nothing there that grabs me. Smashbox Mark 2 TBH.I doubt it will be a big seller.:sleepy:

They have counters in some House of Fraser. I got a free I Shimmer Pencil through Grazia the other week. In the flesh it looks quite like Laura Geller stuff baked and shimmery.

Oh I have not actually used the I Shimmer Pencil, tried it on the back of my hand only.

Is it me or does the model on the New CID range looked like her make up is caked on!!!!??? When she smiled her eyes just break into lines.
Catherine looks lovely though...

Is it me or does the model on the New CID range looked like her make up is caked on!!!!??? When she smiled her eyes just break into lines.
Catherine looks lovely though...

No it's not just you ,the foundation does looked caked on. A bit heavy on Catherine and the guest too I think.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing - everything looks OK apart from the foundation, which looks very caked on and 'obvious' on all of them. Catherine's eye make up looks lovely though - she should do her eyes like that more often as it really brings out the colour of them.

Just watched some of the demos. The foundation looks very difficult to apply through the brush dispenser. You get a big blob and then have to get to work to spread it. Rupert didn't seem to have heard that you don't need to use fingers. But then I'm a B&B fan.

One of the models had quite bumpy skin and she just looked caked in makeup. As for the before and after shots - did the models have time to colour their hair as well? Really, were we all born yesterday?

I also felt that Catherine was more than a shade ott in her effusiveness. How much love can be lavished on a bit of makeup! I can't see this range lasting too long, but who knows. There seems to be a market for all sorts of qvc-alia.

I thought Catherine looked lovely tonight.
I've never tried this range, but a friend of mine loves the eye gels and the smokey eye pencil things.

The foundation dispenser looks exactly like the Model's Prefer version so hardly revolutionary.

Just watched some of the demos. The foundation looks very difficult to apply through the brush dispenser. You get a big blob and then have to get to work to spread it. Rupert didn't seem to have heard that you don't need to use fingers. But then I'm a B&B fan.

One of the models had quite bumpy skin and she just looked caked in makeup. As for the before and after shots - did the models have time to colour their hair as well? Really, were we all born yesterday?

I also felt that Catherine was more than a shade ott in her effusiveness. How much love can be lavished on a bit of makeup! I can't see this range lasting too long, but who knows. There seems to be a market for all sorts of qvc-alia.

I've tried one of those brush style foundations..No. 7 I think it was - v. messy and difficult to apply without resorting to fingers - like with knives & forks, fingers were invented before make-up brushes, sponges et al...

I agree BF, Catherine was definitely going overboard - my OH had to tell me to calm down, I interrupted him from his reading of the sport pages of the local paper with my arguing with the telly! However, she did look nice, as did the guest, if a bit hard-faced, and why will these ladies wear such bright pinks when they would suit softer or coral shades so much better (JF and Jilly spring to mind, also the guest presenter with ARK the other night). Everything seemed to sell very well tho and I was quite interested in the eye duo in grey, but before I could seriously think about it it had gone...perhaps just as well at around £26 (inc P & P) for two pencils..!

This range really doesn't appeal to me, I thought too it's a UK version of Smashbox.
It didn't last long on IW so don't think it will be around long term with Smashbox and LG around.

Thought Catherine's comment odd when she said that she tried hard not to like it so much because of all she has at QVC! Eh???? :confused:

I caught a bit of the show tonight and wasn't too impressed. I didn't like the make-up on the guest or Catherine, it made her eyes look smaller and the overall effect looked quite hard.

I thought it quite sweet when one of the foundation shades went limited and then sold out, then the guest said 'oh, that's a pity' or somesuch. Don't think she's quite grasped the principles of shopping telly.

only caught a bit of the show and wasn't remotely tempted to try any of it. The demo's were really clumsy. Be interested to read the reviews in a few days.

Just missing our actewal resident beauty expert. With more than 25 years in the beauty industry she would doubtless have made sure we all know this is one brand we just cannot do without!:giggle:

Catherine was a little OTT with how much she loved it (looked twice to make sure it wasn't JF presenting!) speaking of which every I time I switched on she was there....arghhhhhh ...am I seeing things??

Back to Catherine...she does love this range (previously in secret so that QVC didn't find out) and was praising it so much that Kelly (the guest) kept saying 'Thank you, thank you' throughout, the whole show was too gushy and overboard.

I thought they looked caked in the foundation and the complexion on the model did not look good. The demonstrator was very clear though (the blond lady) and seemed professional. None of it looked desirable though.

Latest posts

Back