New CID--No thanks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think a lot depends on the way you put your make up on. I use estee lauder doublewear, and just one coat, but i do agree
the younger girls in work seem to wear a lot of heavier make up and more coloured than i would wear. I think its an age thing,
i like to look natural, the stronger look seems to be in for younger ones IMO
Oh i do use mascara, blusher and lip gloss, not just make up. Wouldn't go out with it all on he he

I've got the New CID blusher, which is a perfect colour for me - and the mascara, which is "okay" - brush too thick, I like the thin ones, find them easier to use. I'm an OAP and I don't lay make-up on with a trowel or I'd look like an old slapper, to put it politely, but I find this fine.

Paul from Bobbi Brown was on Bid TV the other day selling make up called "smoosh". Looked awful :(

Smoosh! What a terrible name.
"I've been smooshed"
Every time I see YBF I think 'You've Been Framed' so that's another name with 'visions' for me

I like Clinique make up. I've bought various brands from QVC but none have matched up to Clinique.

I like the Clinique products I've tried too.

We used to have a CID counter in House of Fraser. The products, well some looked like Laura Geller baked style. I got one item as a freebie once and did not like it at all and gave away. Next thing they had a different brand hair care range at the same counter. Then they all disappeared. The range looked like any other brand out there you could find at Boots or Superdrug.

I do use a bit of BB, the under eye brightener and corrector. I have some of her early eyeshadows and blushes before EL bought them out, far better quality than now.

I was told by a makeup artist that in Northern Ireland we all like our foundation on the darker side(not me), compared to say England.

I can never understand the love for Double Wear????? It heavy and the colour selection not up to much. I can get a good eight hours from normal foundation without touch ups, all down to the right application for your skin type and good loose powder. I use the Beauty Blender to apply, and loving the NARS crystal reflecting powder(which has no talc in it. Talc will give a dry into any lines and wrinkles look).

Managed to get a sample of the La Mer Fluid Foundation, loving it.

Paul no longer works for BB that I do know, I didn't see Smooch Cosmetics on Bid the other day but even if it was Paul I would not have been tempted!!

Wow Anne Dawson looks great in the New Cid makeup. I think I should buy some!
Craig looks a bit strange around the eyes - has he had an eye job?

Last edited:
AD looks 100 times better than last time I saw her, hair really is much better.

We used to have a CID counter in House of Fraser. The products, well some looked like Laura Geller baked style. I got one item as a freebie once and did not like it at all and gave away. Next thing they had a different brand hair care range at the same counter. Then they all disappeared. The range looked like any other brand out there you could find at Boots or Superdrug.

I do use a bit of BB, the under eye brightener and corrector. I have some of her early eyeshadows and blushes before EL bought them out, far better quality than now.

I was told by a makeup artist that in Northern Ireland we all like our foundation on the darker side(not me), compared to say England.

I can never understand the love for Double Wear????? It heavy and the colour selection nmuch.ot up to I can get a good eight hours from normal foundation without touch ups, all down to the right application for your skin type and good loose powder. I use the Beauty Blender to apply, and loving the NARS crystal reflecting powder(which has no talc in it. Talc will give a dry into any lines and wrinkles look).

Managed to get a sample of the La Mer Fluid Foundation, loving it.
Oh well good we can all choose what we want and like( double wear love it)

Paul no longer works for BB that I do know, I didn't see Smooch Cosmetics on Bid the other day but even if it was Paul I would not have been tempted!!
Definately Paul from BB selling smooch, sad to see

Last edited:
I never fancied CID either having watched the presentations before
and thinking that they all looked like rejects from Dallas. But I picked up a palette
in TKMaxx and I absolutely love it! The shadiws are really soft and last
really well. I since bought a lipgloss and a clear wax eyebrow pencil and both
are fab.

I think like most brands on QVC the presentations dont actually do the brands any favours.
The makeup is trowelled on with massively defined lips, cheeks AND eyes which
doesnt do anyone any favours! If I was to go on what I see i'd never have bought Laura Geller which
I love, likewise with Mally and Smashbox. The US presentations tend to be more
natural, worth checking out.

Last thing, I was home in Ireland lately and definitely noticed that girls wear
foundation a few shades too dark! I got two samples of the BE pressed fdn and the lightest one the
girl gave me is waaaay too dark so I'm not even touching the other one!

Latest posts

Back